• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Panorama Programme - 7 April - Discussion

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Isn't this the program that will allegedly *star* the author of another site? I recall reading on his help/advice forums his claiming to be the force behind the program and he will be exposing bailiff companies to the point of 'bringing them down' I look forward to viewing it....I wonder if he looks as his photograph?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this the program that will allegedly *star* the author of another site? I recall reading on his help/advice forums his claiming to be the force behind the program and he will be exposing bailiff companies to the point of 'bringing them down' I look forward to viewing it....I wonder if he looks as his photograph?

Who? Cheery Entrails?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

If he is on it the programme will be farcical.

I hope they did their research before listening to his BS and lies....

Almost everyday I see somebody quoting his tosh somewhere on the web.

Laughable but dangerous unfortunately.

In fact, I have actually looked at the site myself this morning and I am simply stunned. Firstly, the poster is clearly a 'Walter Mitty' character and the public really have to wonder at the sheer number of lies that are told by him starting with the following:

'Air date put back one day as the 6th falls on a Sunday'...any sensible person would know that Panorama do NOT air programmes on Sundays !!!

This is very same person who 'claimed' that he was responsible for securing a court victory for a poster on this forum by the name of 'Loretta' in her legal action against a Rossendales bailiff. Unfortunately for him he was dreadfully exposed on another forum when 'Loretta' herself asked him to provide evidence to support his lies. He was forced to admit that he was confused ???

I have little doubt that he had any involvement at all in this programme. Any involvement was merely be in his imagination.

We must not loose site of the fact that this is a person who goes to the most extraordinary lengths to hide his real identity.

Edited by citizenB
restored quote link

And sadly people will still believe him

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The problem is his advice hits already desperate people harder in the pocket.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Any media company would literally run a mile from having any involement with such a person given their propensity for publicity. The site in question has been openly talking about this TV programme for weeks. It is a rule that discretion must be applied with any involement with prospective TV programmes and 'blaggers' would be avoided at all cost.

Isn't there somewhere where you can report this guy for false/malicious (legal?) advice?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Isn't there somewhere where you can report this guy for false/malicious (legal?) advice?

Not unless he passes himself off as a legal professional I fear, if the site is hosted offshore it may well be outside UK jurisdiction as far as a takedown request is concerned, but if he is charging for advice even obliquely for letter packs it might be worth checking if any laws have been broken, but I fear the visceral man may feel he is safe..

Perhaps he isn't as clever as thinks he is.....time will tell. I see he is now frantically back peddling to absolve himself from his previous bragging ...as to him being the first port of call for the media, I can't say but, what I can say judging by the calls I have had from the media seeking direction to trusted forums and posters ..... it doesn't appear to take them long to conclude what he has to say isn't worth listening to!! Contrary to his wishful thinking and trumpet blowing...albeit flat... Cag were approached and consulted.

Wonkey Donkey

The public need to be very careful indeed of internet sites and in particular the one to which you are referring. That forum are being blamed for encouraging a debtor to file a hopeless Form 4 Complaint which landed the debtor with a cost order of over £4,000 and another debtor assisted by him lost another case in court a couple of weeks ago and is facing having to pay the other parties costs of over £6,000!!! (The site in question have removed both cases from public view into their 'private members area' !!!

The site owner claimed yesterday that 'Sunday papers' are seeking media stories from him regarding the new regulations that take effect in 6 days time. With respect, any media outlet needs to be very cautious indeed of relying upon 'advice' from that person given that only today (April Fools Day) he has finally acknowledged that the new regulations do indeed not only apply to Commercial Rent Arrears but to council tax debts and local authority parking tickets. For nearly 6 months the site has been denying this and has finally awoken to the realisation.

Astonishingly he confirms that this crucial information was only known when a poster from the Consumer Action forum (Mark 1960....(aka) 'the voice of common sense') advised him.

With only 6 days to go until the new regulations...that site are still adamant however that the new regulations do NOT apply to Magistrate Court fines. Oh Bless.....

"With only 6 days to go until the new regulations...that site are still adamant however that the new regulations do NOT apply to Magistrate Court fines. Oh Bless......"

marstons, Newlyn, and Collectica are going to love him from April 6th that bad advice will allow the aforementioned lot to cream it in in fees under the new regs.

The following is a copy of what that particular website owner posted yesterday:

"This morning Parliament is unable to confirm the Commercial Rent Arrears Recovery fee regulations apply to council tax and traffic debt enforcement.

I have now approached Parliament again to decide either way whether the CRAR regulations should apply and officially confirm it's intention.

This is the first official sign somebody may have been disingenuous with their interpretation of the CRAR fee regulations.

It was first discovered during the making of a TV documentary program about bailiffs soon to be aired and it was an eagle-eyed lawyer working as a consultant for the show that discovered the potential blunder".

The following is a copy of what that particular website owner posted yesterday:

"This morning Parliament is unable to confirm the Commercial Rent Arrears Recovery fee regulations apply to council tax and traffic debt enforcement.

I have now approached Parliament again to decide either way whether the CRAR regulations should apply and officially confirm it's intention.

This is the first official sign somebody may have been disingenuous with their interpretation of the CRAR fee regulations.

It was first discovered during the making of a TV documentary program about bailiffs soon to be aired and it was an eagle-eyed lawyer working as a consultant for the show that discovered the potential blunder".

Merry Entrails's site is like a bad April Fools joke unfortunately.

Gosh!!!!!, Royal Navy, Commercial Pilot, Stipendiary Magistrate, Paralegal, Legal Draughtsman, Etc Etc and now 'Film Maker' " We filmed several scenes as the last moment in the London area" so will we see him listed in the credits then?

Gosh!!!!!, Royal Navy, Commercial Pilot, Stipendiary Magistrate, Paralegal, Legal Draughtsman, Etc Etc and now 'Film Maker' " We filmed several scenes as the last moment in the London area" so will we see him listed in the credits then?

Clappy Entrance or Exit Stage Left like Snagglepuss then?

Royal Navy, Commercial Pilot, Stipendiary Magistrate, Paralegal, Legal Draughtsman, Etc Etc and now 'Film Maker filmed several scenes as the last moment in the London area" so will we see him listed in the credits then?

The 'enforcement' industry are very well aware of which companies are to be featured and the indentity of those behind the various incidences that will feature. They are also aware of the extraordinary level of supporting documentation for each subject matter. If the site to which you refer attempt to seek any credit after the show is aired on Monday evening you may rest assured that they will be in for a very big surprise ( and a very embarrassing one at that).

I have a sneaking suspicion that both you & I have had similar conversations over this with the Panorama makers as I also had aconversation with them over the same subject only a week ago. As I said to them at the time the "proof of the pudding will be in the eating". We shall have to wait & see.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a sneaking suspicion that both you & I have had similar conversations over this with the Panorama makers as I also had aconversation with them over the same subject only a week ago. As I said to them at the time the "proof of the pudding will be in the eating". We shall have to wait & see.

Well that's three of us from cag who have cooperated with the production team making the Panorama program, so the regular trumpet blower from the site in question is once again playing 'bum' notes?

One thing you have to remember is that the BBC usually farm these things out to independent companies - in this case SnapperTV who have already done 2 items close to our hearts - that of Mr Boast & also how the CCTV cameras catch you out whilst driving. At least they have a little knowledge of it all unlike the clips I have caught this morning of discussions about the new Regs when they tell us Debt Collectors will have to be regulated, licensed and under go training.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One thing you have to remember is that the BBC usually farm these things out to independent companies - in this case SnapperTV who have already done 2 items close to our hearts - that of Mr Boast & also how the CCTV cameras catch you out whilst driving. At least they have a little knowledge of it all unlike the clips I have caught this morning of discussions about the new Regs when they tell us Debt Collectors will have to be regulated, licensed and under go training.

I deliberately avoided making mention to the production company but now that you have done so, I can confirm they are the people spoken with and given my cooperation. I am really looking forward to the program because they did indeed do a superb job with Mr. Boast and CCTV topics.

PS I would love to see the same team tackle uncollected CSA judgments as I can give them insight to one in particular they wouldn't believe!!!!!

Oh and by the way Mr B if you have anything to say please say it to me as opposed to involving me in email messages to others, you do have the facility to do so it's called sending a PM.

Does anyone know who was "instrumental" and featured in this program? who's company was there though-out the filming? any guesses?

MM

Clue....... removal of implied rights of access even though this person does not get seen allegedly, what staggers me is that Panorama thought they were the best "crew to assist them" yep you got it that's right, we know it as that site lol but how does someone that states so many things wrong become an expert? I will be watching this one to see how they clear the air so to speak in regards to EA's, will be very interesting viewing this one, clearly saying they had exclusive access to the TV crew and the ability to be there when any debtor was being dealt with.

Just a note this is not a personal attack on any individual/site whatsoever just stating what is in the PUBLIC domain without naming anyone either.

I am just stating what is available in various PUBLIC forums for ANYONE TO VIEW

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Does anyone know who was "instrumental" and featured in this program? who's company was there though-out the filming? any guesses?

MM

Clue....... removal of implied rights of access even though this person does not get seen allegedly, what staggers me is that Panorama thought they were the best "crew to assist them" yep you got it that's right, we know it as that site lol but how does someone that states so many things wrong become an expert? I will be watching this one to see how they clear the air so to speak in regards to EA's, will be very interesting viewing this one, clearly saying they had exclusive access to the TV crew and the ability to be there when any debtor was being dealt with.

Just a note this is not a personal attack on any individual/site whatsoever just stating what is in the PUBLIC domain without naming anyone either.

I am just stating what is available in various PUBLIC forums for ANYONE TO VIEW

I haven't a clue what you are saying here. Any chance you can put it into English and explain what you're on about ?