UKCPS Help! **Ticket Cancelled**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Last month I received a letter from UKPS issue a fine of £100 (with the standard reduction £60 if I pay in 14 days) saying that I was illegally parked in a disabled zone with out of date badge. I wrote back attaching copy of my badge showing it was current and that no ticket had been left on windscreen. Thought that was the end of that BUT this morning received a letter saying appeal rejected and that the badge was actually upside down so they could not validate it. They also requested proof. What more proof can I give!!

I have just written back and re-iterated what I requested in my initial letter - a) copy of initial ticket and b) photographic evidence.

What kind of company will issue a ticket to a disabled person because badge was displayed upside down!!

Anyone know where I stand on this legally??

The answer to your question about who would issue a ticket for an upside down badge is obvious-private parking companies. they have no other way of earning money so they will invent reasons to get you to believe that they have some powers that dont exist.

Now, did their appeal rejection letter have a reference code on it that is 10 digits long? If not, write to them and complain that they are not obeying the protocols laid down and copy that complaint to the landlord/shop group HQ, BPA and to POPLA in writing, not email.

The appeal is easy to win because you badge is in date and therefore any supposed breach of contract didnt occur. There are other grounds as well but this should do the job as their rejection didnt match the supposed breach.

Now, to clobber them with other breaches of protocols, when did you park and when did you get the letter? The dates are important as sending demands through the post has to be done within a certain time frame.

Hello EricsBrother

The alleged offence was 7 Feb 2014 and was parked in the disabled zone in cinema multiplex.. unfortunately can not find the initial letter but it was about 2 weeks ago which would make it around 14-21st March. I replied same day received.

The letter I have received today did not have a 10 digit reference number but a six issue number. They gave me 7 days response time to supply them with both copies of disabled badge (which I sent in my first letter) so why again?

Mum who is 86 years old and the disabled person is so upset.

We took her out for the evening and now we get this letter. She is afraid that these people will take us to court. I said bring it on but she is terrified and wants to pay £100 ....

Hi maryannbeer, Reassure your Mum you will not be taken to court and not to pay anything.

Ericsbrother is correct there should be a 10 diget POPLA code.... Check it again. they try to "Hide" them.

Do not post the blue badge.

Write back (Send proof of posting) and demand a POPLA code no.

Shame you can not find the letter.

On the dates they are in time. They had between 29 - 56 days from the "Offence" to contact you.

There is a thread posted by "alanminyum" about 10 or so below you with the same problem.

No POPLA no.

Disabled badge holder

Same parking co.

Don't take any "Truck" from this lot. You will Win at POPLA and that will cost the PC £30 ish.

See what other CAGGERS advise

Good luck F16

Hi

I think you should just demand the POPLA code now and then when it comes (if) you can then include the complaint within the appeal paperwork.

You have had sterling advice so far. UKCPS are trying it on in the hope you will fold.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Write to the BPA and to the DVLA complaining that the ownership details were accessed under false pretences and that UKPCS are refusing to follow the protocols of the PoFA. Send a copy to UKPCS saying that as they refuse obey the rules of the PoFA to issue the POPLA code you now consider the matter closed

Shame you can not find the letter.

On the dates they are in time. They had between 29 - 56 days from the "Offence" to contact you.

Only if there was a NTD on the windscreen.

There is a thread posted by "alanminyum" about 10 or so below you with the same problem.

No POPLA no.

Disabled badge holder

Same parking co.

Different PPC.

Had to point it out.....

first time I knew there was an issue was when I got their first letter....nothing was ever left on windscreen. To be honest they can write as many letters as they like I am not paying this now or ever. I am keeping the letter they have sent me stating "Badge upside down" and using it against them. Not only is it extremely petty but could also been seen as discrimination against disabled. If these people reply to letter I sent yesterday I will forward copy of both letters to the Cinema Complex as doubt they would want this type of thing happening to their customers. May also send copy to the motability as also think they would not be impressed. While I am at it may send copy to POPLA. I am not afraid of standing up to these people some one has to. Right? These companies think that because they are big they can bully us and we will give in just to stop the harassment unfortunately in some instances that is true but with your help and advice I will not be one of them.

By the way who are BPA??

maryannbeer, Wow you are a "Little Spitfire".

That's the "Spirit".... Fighting talk.

Wait for the letter back from UKCPS. If no POPLA code then it's "All guns blazing" .

BPA are British Parking Association.

Thanks f16...I never just accept I challenge these type of people.... I joined the forum to find out where I stand and have had some amazing advice which has proved I am correct in my assumptions that UKCPS are trying it on.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just got back from my holidays to have a letter waiting from UKCPS in which they say in brief

"After review of your parking charge appeal we have decided to cancel ..This is a one time gesture of good will and will not be repeated on future occasions...................." WooHoo !!

I supposed they realised that to issue a notice due tu upside down disabled badge was a ridiculous and no court in the land would up hold this charge.

And I was so looking forward to a battle :) ah well........

good luck to everyone else on this thread - don't let people / companies like this wear you down... hope you all get a result like mine.