style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

This is my 1st thread so go easy on me ;-)

I have a few issues with BMW Mini, after purchasing a car last year & am looking for some advice as to what to do:

1) I was advised the car had service package until Dec 2014 and a major service was scheduled for September 2014. I have now been advised this is not the case & I was incorrectly advised upon purchase.

2) After 3 months of driving I had a knocking noise, upon inspection 2 litres of oil had been lost, whilst their warranty doesn't cover oil loss surely they had to check the oil prior to my purchase, according to service records the last oil change was 2012!

3) I have condensation build up in a rear light & a horrific squeaky window, dealer wont cover these under warranty either. Now I realise they are excluded but surely only 3 months after purchase these types of issues shouldn't start to show.

4) They stated when I purchased the car that it had 1 previous owner, this is also written on the order form. However, the V5 states 3 previous owners. Surely this was misleading & I should be entitled to a reduction of the balance owing?

Thanks in advance

Don't bother with any warranty, that is either a rip-off because you pay extra for it or just a sweetener to fool someone into buying the car thinking it must be ok if it has a warranty.

SOGA says that any faults in the first 6 months are assumed to have been there at the time of purchase, so chase him and don't hold back on the threats of using the courts if he doesn't make good.

2) After 3 months of driving I had a knocking noise, upon inspection 2 litres of oil had been lost, whilst their warranty doesn't cover oil loss surely they had to check the oil prior to my purchase, according to service records the last oil change was 2012!

Any garage would at least give the car a fluids, tyres & lights check before it goes out. What concerns me is that the above reads as though you have never checked the oil since owning the car which seems like a good 3 months to me. What is the handbook recommendation for checking these things?

"Any garage would at least give the car a fluids, tyres & lights check before it goes out"

Make that 'should'. Lots don't.

Oil and water should be checked weekly.

Replacing an engine on a Bini ? More than the car is worth if it goes back to the dealer.

It might be worth doing it yourself.

Additionally it sounds as though you have finance on the vehicle, in which case you should be speaking to whoever the contract is with, rather than the dealership.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it a Cooper S?

Have experience of someone rejecting a similar car due to dealer not being able to repair noise of deal with 'excessive' oil consumption + as few other issues - given them the opportunity to fix it (you have to) if it is not resolved to your satisfaction then reject it.

Expect them to refuse - if you are lucky you brought in on finance so can reject it to the finance company - they will refuse it as well.

Then complain the financial ombudsman about the finance company and assuming that you have a genuine fault that hasn't been repair they would support you rejection and the finance company has to pay out.

No one accepts liability until forced - you have to see it through