Jump to content
  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • I'm gutted - I always wanted to meet him - he most certainly was the ONLY Bond.  By all accounts he was a lovely man.
    • Boris 'the Liar' speech translated   'Some months ago we told you you had to stay at home to protect the NHS, and you understood that our decimation of NHS funding meant that all other NHS work had to stop, and its resourses were severely limited. Now I'm sure some foolish people thought that was to allow time for the underfunding and the under staffing of the NHS to be reversed. But clearly, as the majority of you did as requested, and suffered and died quietly at home and in homes to a level we could barely believe, clearly it meant that the money we might have been forced to spend on the NHS could be retargetted to our mates like serco - so of course we did.   Now 6 months on, with the NHS staff exhausted and at breaking point,  our pals simply cant be expected to actually deliver on the ridiculous claims, we are simply trying the same scam again on you idiots to free up even more debt generated money to route to our pals tax haven bank accounts which your children, childrens children unto the 7th generation can pay back.   So, with PPE money allocated to companies we chose who clearly needed the money, and debt at record levels I'm sure you will all realise that again everyone else must not mingle, and must stay at home wherever possible, so the children can go and mingle in schools in full sized classes and allow the virus to spread there and get back to you smart arse plebs locked in at home who have managed to avoid it so far. and I'm sure you will all understand its absolutely crucial that neither you or your family -  especially children - should waste essential resources and apply for tests until you are showing clear covid symptoms and we know you have it.   Thank you suckers. Bojo  
    • I'll guess you've heard of these on here before - laptopsdirect.co.uk
    • Don't worry about it.  It's just that it makes it easier for people to understand and to try to give you advice if you keep everything related to one topic in a single thread, so everything is in one place and not scattered around.  But if you have a new or unrelated topic, it needs it's own new thread, otherwise people get confused and can't separate one topic from another.   Does your question about the courier need a separate thread, or is it part of the unpaid loan to your relative issue?   Whoops!!!  Sorry - I see there is a new thread.  Teach me to read before I post!
    • Thank you BankFodder for reading and responding to my post.  (i) I'm sorry I did not mention the courier's name because I suspected there is a need to anonymise the case. (ii) With regards to the 'story' I have, hopefully concisely set the scene in the Particulars of Claim, that is the gist of the matter.  The defence provided by the courier puts their case from their side.  (iii) I try to seek help as a last resort in view of how busy people are I tend to fear that I might be a bother. Perhaps you might help me by pointing out where I might have missed a 'trick' please. I would be most grateful for your help.
  • Our picks

    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.
      We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.
      After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.
      It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.
      A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?
      After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.
      The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 
      You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.
        • Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.
      I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.
      As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.
      If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.
      They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.
      If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.
      The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.
      They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.
      Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks
        • Like

old landlord charging me cleaning costs

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2402 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I moved out of a property a few weeks ago after a mutual agreement with landlady.


There was some issues she was not happy with

a carpet for 1 which I ve agreed to have replaced

but she wants me to pay just over £700 pound for .


There are some stains on the hall carpet and landing carpet


I ve paid to have them cleaned


she still not happy and trying to tell me I owe her £3000 .


My deposit of £1000 obvisiously has not been paid back and she did nt put it into a protection scheme like she said she did.


Or if she did I ve no information on it .


I was in the property 18 months with 4 children and 3 dogs which she agreed to me having.


She has constantly texted asking me about the carpets and what im going to do about it etc ,

the house was left in a good ,

clean condition but she said I ve wrecked it


I have pictures and videos on how I left the property


she s hired cleaners to go in and sending me the bill


.. she is driving me crazy I have an ill mother who im currently caring for and a disabled son


I just need to know what to say to her can she really charge me all these costs?


thanks any advice much appreciated and needed

Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly she should have put the deposit into the protection scheme.


I think that you need to write her a letter. Ask her to confirm that she did in fact put your deposit into the scheme as promised and ask for reference number and official confirmation that this was done.

Secondly, supply her with the photos and videos of the property and ask her to specify exactly what it is she takes issue with. Of course, I suppose that although you have evidence of the exit condition of the property, you have not collected any evidence of the condition at the beginning of the tenancy. If that is correct that you had better do that next time because otherwise the exit evidence is almost useless because on its own it can't show the level of deterioration of the property.


Some landlords expect to receive their properties back in the same condition as they were when they let them out. They are wrong. The have to allow for reasonable wear and tear.

If she let a property to you with 4 children and 3 dogs then she has to expect that the property will have received some punishment - and to a great extent, this would be reasonable wear and tear.


Tell her that before you consider any bill for cleaning, you want a list of problems and two quotes for solving them.

If she refuses then I would sue her for the return of the deposit.

If she agrees, then I owuld examine the list and make reasonable judgments as to what is wear and tear and what might be beyond that. Be prepared to pay for anything which is beyond W&T and stick your heels in on the rest.


Communicate with her at all times - very fully and openly. Respond quickly so that you can show that you have been cooperative and that you have made all the running.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On ending the tenacy she gave me a list of things she wanted me to correct , cleaning of carpets I have done this she hired the company I just paid the bill , replacement of carpet is to be taken from deposit , had drain unblocked I did nt even know was blocked , there was no cleaning issues on the exit list


Thank you for your help

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...