Jump to content

Walker Love chasing Council Tax from 98/99.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi. i have been reading this thread and could really do with some help ... I have received a letter from WalkerLove saying I owe council tax for 98/99 for a property I no longer live in, saying, the summary warrant authorises recovery by:- payment by a sherrif officer who will visit my address, an arrestment of earning or bank account, an attachemnt and auction in accordance with parts 2& of the debt arrangment and attachemnt (scotland) at 2002. It also has a warrant date of 21/08/98. It was that long ago, to be honest, I may have had some council tax arrears, but am unsure, I was a student at the time. Are they still able to chase this debt as it is 15/16 years old and are they able to arrest my wagest etc. The stress of this is doing my head in and causing me sleepless nights and stress within my marriage. Please please please any help or advice would be so grateful and appreciated =)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello and Welcome lycan,


I have started a new thread for you.


In Scotland the council can pursue the debt for 20 years, you could always send a Subject Access Request to the council, this will give details of all payments you have made to your council tax over the years, you can do this online with most councils.( normally free of charge)


If this debt is yours you will get 'time to pay' it. The Sheriff Officers can arrest wages and bank accounts but if they don't have your details then this becomes very difficult.

I'd also check if you were a student at the time they are claiming you stayed at the property.


The Sheriff Officers will also let you pay this debt in installments, their next course of action if you do not get in touch will be to serve a Charge for Payment, creditors using the Summary Warrant process must serve a charge for payment prior to executing all diligences.


Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...