aviva pension fund is £10000 less than last statement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.

I have checked pension fund statement from Aviva and it is £10000 less than last year. It was worth £34000 last year and only £24000 now. Do you know of any reason why this has happened. I pay £100 per month in contributions, therefore I may well have not paid any in for the last 9 years , as its gone? Thanks .

Hello and welcome to CAG.

That does sound like a big difference, I agree.

There could be all sorts of reasons for the change though. If your pension is direct between you and Aviva, have you rung them to ask what has happened?

I think that should be the first thing to do and then depending on what they say, come back here and tell us what you've found out.

If it's through your employers, then you should have someone to contact to ask questions like this.

There could well be a straightforward explanation, but without knowing your history or seeing copies of what you have, which wouldn't be a great idea at this stage, it's hard to say.

I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this. The Aviva reps here are usually quick to respond, they may have other ideas for you shortly.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks, it is a Group Pension, I came on here in case this has happened to someone else recently. I will contact Aviva tomorrow , just wondered if anyone else had experienced this.

Just a quick query. Several thousand pounds have been paid into my pension fund through NICO s over the years. Should i receive a separate statement for the Nico contributions. Thanks

Do you have a scheme booklet or documentation that tells you who to contact? Who is the someone who comes in once a year?

I don't know offhand what an IPP is.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

iI will find out tomorrow. I have looked at the statement and the unit prices have increased, but the number of units, which I had last year has fallen by a third ? I didnt think that the amount of any units held would ever fall ?

Guest Aviva Support

Hi calder,

I've just replied to your email regarding your Pension fund. I hope we can get to the bottom of it soon for you. As soon as I've heard from the experts, I'll get back in touch with you.

Kind regards

Martin Banwell

Aviva Social Media Support

Thank you all for your replies and help. I should have received two statements, one for the works group pension and a separate one for the National Insurance Contributions Fund. When the two are combined, my pension fund is what it should be. Thanks for your help last night , when I didnt know who to contact or what had happened to my pension fund.