where do I stand? (goskippy car insurance)

domlh91
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I am new here but have been following these forums for a few months and think it is really good!

I brought a car in sep13 and insured myself on provisional (as I was learning to drive still!) with a company called Go skippy. They were the cheapest at the time so didnt think too much about researching reviews never thought their could be such thing as bad car insurance!

Now I passed my test jan14 and 'upgraded' my policy to full drivers licence insurance. Again no problems they waived the £30 policy change charge which I thought was nice. No insurance documents emailed as promised on the day so had to call them about a week later to get them emailed too me(I have still not received any paperwork from this company in the post todate!) they told me it would go up from £69 to around £150p/m which I was expecting...

now the problem I pay creation finance monthly the £69 and have been every month since september I was told it would be up to around £150 and febuarys direct debit came out at £69 so I emailed in to go skippy they said it would be sorted.. I kept checking creation for another couple of weeks and no change so I emailed go skippy again and CC'd the name of the guy who replied last time I got a quicker response as I told them the monthly direct debit is going to be more than I can reasonably afford due to no fault of my own and was told it would definatley be sorted by the next direct debit.. March's payment cleared of £69 and to be honest I gave up and just left it prob not the best idea but hey ho have alot of things going on and dont have time to be chasing them every day.

Now then april payment cleared of £69 and Today I have received a text from them saying there is a query with my policy call us urgently which is going to be this issue and I think they are going to make me pay like £230+ per month now so just want to know where I stand really before I call them?

(sorry if this is the wrong place to post this)

I wonder whether your insurance was updated to show that you had a full licence from the relevant date and if this was not done, then Creation would continue to collect the £69 p/m as normal.

Just contact Goskippy and see what they have to say. In theory, you knew that would have to pay the extra from the relevant date and therefore would have put the money to one side, expecting goskippy to ask for it.

Up to you to negotiate really. You might be able to get a reduction agreed due to the mistake. You did tell Goskippy to amend the policy and the payments due. The regulatory rules (FCA ICOBS) don't really lay down any strict rules for this, that would come to your rescue against the Insurers. The FOS would however, expect the insurers to act reasonably, given the mistake they have made.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 5 months later...