Refund from MBNA

Overdrawn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Oh dear...looks like I'm back on the penalty charges war path - it's been a while and I'm hungry for bank blood once more.

MBNA have decided to apply a penalty charge to my account for a late payment, just had a very interesting conversation with "Kerry" who openly admitted they were "penalising" me for late payment. It may only be £12 (which she offered to reduce to £6 - obviously I will not accept!) but hell, it's better off in my pocket than theirs. Maybe I just like making them do some work and get a thrill out of making them squirm and answer my questions. Kerry couldn't answer any of my questions regarding the subject and I am now awaiting a call from a manager, I will be recording the call to see if I get another admission that it is indeed a penalty charge...

I'm also poised for action once more with HSBC, but that's for another thread ;-)

Surprise Surprise, they can't give me a detailed breakdown of how they arrive at the £12 figure as they "don't have any paperwork at the call centre" However they are happy to "refund the charge in full as a gesture of goodwill"

Predictable outcome but I had fun, it's whetted my appetite and it was a good warm up for HSBC who owe me considerably more.

Now I have to figure out how to spend my MBNA refund...bottle of wine anyone?

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks