style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3673 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have got a faulty GPU from ebuyer.com. I firstly tried to install the GPU onto my computer, but it did not work, so I got a diagnosis from PC World / Knowhow (uk)to get it tested, where the sales assistant said it was Dead on Arrival (DoA). I then raised a return on the product,which was accepted and they tested it, sent it back and said there is nothing wrong with it. I have done this about 2-3 times now, and they still cannot find anything wrong with it. I have had to spend another ~£70 on a PSU to make sure my PSU isn't faulty.I have followed all the instructions for installations, been on many online forums on howto fix and nothing seems to work. I have contacted them with the following enote:

Alan Jeffery

28/03/2014 17:24 Hi ebuyer,

After buying this product, and after multiple returns, you still struggle

to find the fault that I am receiving. I request a refund under the Sale of

Goods act stated below.

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) states that when a consumer buys

goods from a trader they must be: as described; of a satisfactory quality;

and fit for any purpose made known at the time of sale to the seller.

This legislation also states that the seller, not the manufacturer, is

legally obliged to sort out a problem if the goods do not meet these

requirements.

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) says: if goods break within the

first six months after purchase then there is a presumption the goods were

faulty when sold.

My goods are not fit for purpose and I wish to claim a refund of my goods

under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 as amended.

Regards,

Alan

Sarah

28/03/2014 17:31 Dear Alan Jeffery,

Thank you for contacting our Customer Support Team.

Having checked this for you, advise that your item has been fully tested

and no fault has been found so is fit for purpose.

This is therefore being returned to you via ParcelForce on tracking

reference; TE8287928.

If you need any details on the tests completed, please contact our

technical support team on 03303 339 390 who

will be able to help.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience or annoyance caused as a

result of this matter.

Kind Regards,

Sarah

Ebuyer.com

Customer Support Team

Alan Jeffery

02/04/2014 19:57 Hi,

I want physical/photographic evidence that you have tested my faulty

product, with the picture including the device is not faulty (device

manager etc) and including the model number to show that it is my device

being tested. I want these photos screen shotted or shown on the same

monitor so I know it is not being tested on different computers. After

updating all BIOS and drivers on my computer, re-installing and installing

the GPU many times,I am still getting windows error code 43. If this

evidence is not supplied, I will be taking this further.

Alan

They currently have not responded to my last enote as i only just wrote it, so can i have some advice please?

Regards,

Reece (Alan's son)

Get a full formal complaint in and give them 7-14 days ( your choice) to refund in full or you will take further action. Do not do that though unless you are fully prepared to head to small claims court.

One thing i would do though, is to find a good family owned pc store and have them test it. PC world is ran by a bunch of monkeys ( imo) who dont know their GPU from their CPU.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

One other question. have you tried reinstalling Windows? error 43 means the system stopped teh device because its reporting an error. Normally something as simple as a driver/CHipset conflict, due to files left over from a previous install.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Hi,

Iam going to take it to a local shop soon and already took it to PCWorld and know-how (In store diagnosis) and they both said it was DoA. My windows is fine, as i am having no other problems with it. I have installed the latest update pack for it, and still not working.

Reece

Your installation might be fine to you, but it might be a simple conflict causing it to not work. Youll soon find out when a REAL pc technician ( not a uni dropout) checks over your GPU for you.

Yea. independant pc repair guy like i said :) Get the report done ( it might cost a small amount), and if it is deemed faulty, then get a formal complaint in to ebuyer, provide a COPY of the report and tell them you want a full refund and the cost of the report back. SCC is as an absolute last resort.

Btw, what GPU is it? I still think it MIGHT be your windows install. Just a simple conflict but the tech will be able to tell you for sure.

Also, for the Sales of Goods act, they say that tested the product and say it is not faulty. Im still experiencing the fault, can I still claim that it is not fit for purpose, because they are saying that i cant.

Reece

*EDIT* My pc specs are

Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3

CPU: AMD FX-4100 Black Edition

GPUS(S): Main - MSI HD R7770 GHz Edition 1GB

Secondary - EVGA GeForce GT610 2GB

RAM: 8GB (Not sure on make and model)

PSU: Corsair CX750 750Watts

HDD: WD 500GB

Case: CTI

Not yet as , like i said before. It might simply be your install thats the issue. Thats why you need an independent technician to put it through a full test. If the engineer tests it and it doesnt work and provides a report to back it up, then yes you can claim. But if ebuyer can show that it does work, theyd have to show how they tested it to ensure it works and why 2 repair places could not get it to work.

Yes, am taking it down my local shop soon, probably at weekend or during half term, but if i do take it down there and the GPU is at fault, and they still say that it is fit for purpose because they cannot find a fault,is there any other acts such as consumer protection that I can bring into it?

Reece

Lets wait and see what the tech says. If the tech says it works, then you may need to reinstall windows and see if it was your installation or not. basically you have to have tried every troubleshooting method possible to show it wasnt your system at fault. I've been building/diagnosing systems for close to 16 years now, and whenever i diagnost faults, i put each piece of hardware through a thorough test. I normally use a specific testbed to place each component on separately so i can see everything it does. Right down to power output and even how much power the capacitors hold and drain.

Thanks for all the help, I will be posting the results when I have completed it. I will ring my local shop up either tomorrow or friday to see how much it costs and what they can do.

Reece

Thanks for all the help, I will be posting the results when I have completed it. I will ring my local shop up either tomorrow or friday to see how much it costs and what they can do.

Reece