Work Related Activity

LifeIsAMess
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Does anyone have a list or can point me to a website that can advise on what things are classed as work related activity please?

My adviser is not being very helpful and just wants me to sign up to the work program which I don't feel I'm able for. I got a breather for a few weeks there as I was going through CBT but she keeps booking WFI's for me every 2 weeks...She knows the jobcentre freaks me out and she's like "well if you don't sign up for the WP you'll just have to keep coming here" :-x ... Next week will be my 5th one in 3 months.

So I'm trying to find stuff on my own to do that will help my mental health and won't hurt me physically to "satisfy the rules" of receiving my benefit. I feel this was the threat of a sanction when she said this. I'm still on the waiting list for CMHT and CPN etc...I don't think she realises the extent of my illnesses.

Thanks

As long as signing up for the Work Programme remains voluntary, I would strongly recommend that you decline any invites to participate - How long you can decline is very much dependant on which claimant group you fall in to. See Annex A of https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/264161/wp-pg-chapter-2.pdf

Have a look at some of the other threads about Seetec/Maximus/Ingeus for a flavour of what to expect if you have the misfortune to participate in the Work Programme.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Thanks Mr. P....I'm in WRAG just based on ESA50, no medical, no evidence. I should have appealed but wasn't well enough.

I've been to an information session with Ingeus...the lady was very nice though she didn't mention anything about it being mandatory as the link you gave me suggests nor did my adviser..I'm shocked.

:LifeIsAMess:

There isn't a definitive list cos work preparation/related activity can be anything that improves the odds for you to find and keep a job. Minus the work experience, one of the nearest documents we've got to a list is for universal chaos;

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/5/section/16/enacted

Currently claimants of employment n support allowance with the work related activity component can be mandated to anything from two work focused interviews per year to a community benefit work placement. The proposed activity is supposed to be reasonable in their circumstances.

Point of mandation to the work programme depends on whether your employment n support is contribution or income flavoured, and the recommended interval before reassessment on the ESA85A report of your Atos assessment. If you've not already got a copy, it's available on request from your benefit delivery centre.

Be careful if you're in one of the participant groups where the referral is voluntary, but once you agree to take part in the work programme, participation becomes mandatory.

For claimants who've got a choice, most of our contributors would advise staying with the Jobcentre adviser. Some work programme personnel don't recognise limited capability, much less the extent of it. And you can't be sanctioned for not joining the work programme if you don't have to.

Best wishes, Margaret. :panda:

Definitely stick with the Jobcentre - the Work Programme are there to make money from you, simple as that. Hopefully they would do it by genuinely helping you but if that's not possible, then they'll have you doing pointless, unproductive things just so they can be paid anyway. Avoid!

Unless mandated to do so (like me) AVOID and WP if you can - totally pointless, useless and unproductive spawns of the DWP that DO NOT WORK IN ANY WAY AT ALL. In fact I do not know of one person that has got a job (worth having) via a WP

Thanks all :)

Margaret, I'm on conts ESA...based on an ESA50...no medical so assuming there will be no medical report to ask for? My GP faxed them a letter asking for home visit and listed why I was unable to attend and they cancelled it straight away. I guess based on that I probably should have appealed being put in WRAG, was extremely unwell at the time and didn't know the ins and outs of the groups etc.

Jasta/essex...believe me I'm trying to avoid it, I don't intend to re-claim when the year runs out, I can't go through all this again. Not sure how I'll survive mind you but I'm getting to the point of not caring.

I told her I'd like to have a go at self employment as I've a couple of hobbies I used to do when I felt well that I maybe could do something with in the future. She knows I've serious MH issues as well as physical ones...throw some self employment courses or counselling stuff at me and I'll do it...I just don't know why she's trying so damn hard to get me on this WP. Do they get a bonus for it or something?

Not sure if JC get a bonus for sending you on the WP but i do know Ingeus get one!

JC staff do not get bonuses for referring people to the WP.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

lots of myths about jobcentre staff..[...] sanction targets per office

Don't be too sure about this - There have been several anecdotal reports from JCP staff* suggesting that there league tables and front line staff being pressured to increase sanction rates. All denied by high level "officials" of course.

*) http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/dec/09/iain-duncan-smith-dwp-stop-benefits-whistleblower

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Sanctions for people failing to meet their JSA agreement requirements is a very different thing to forcing people onto the work programme when it is voluntary however and I've yet to see any evidence of the latter.

• 2 weeks later...

Am moving will lliw's posts to a thread of their own. Will post a link back here.

Link for will lliw's own thread....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?422697-Work-related-Activity

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D