Erudio help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi this post is to help my partner.

Her student loan has bee sold to Erudio

after a bit of reading up I know that they are effectively Arrow Global.

And I now have a couple of questions if anybody can help

1 their form seems overly inquisitive and wants more information than the slc ever asked for.

Does filing it in change the original t&c's.

2 they ask for direct debit details.

But upon checking her account erudio appear to have already set up a new dd (slc never felt the need to set it up)

so if they already have them why do they ask for a new mandate to be filed in?

3 if my partner refuses to fill in their form and sign it does it put her in breach of the original t&c's

My advice to her is fill in only the bits that would have been relevant on her old slc form.

Ie gross income name and address and score out and write not relevant on the bits that arnt needed

then send a covering letter averring that these facts are correct and that she will not be filling in their forms as she thinks it will change her t&c's

her main worry is that by doing that erudio will say they are not deffering

and either start debiting her account or if she cancels the dd that they will place a marker on her spotlessly clean credit file

Her gross income is well below the threshold and defferment should really be a formality

Any advice on how she should deal with this would be most appreciated

Problem is that Erudio are AG like you mentioned.

I would remove their DD and set up a SO... You are then in control :)

Also you dont have to fill in their Form...

But others here are better at this stuff than I am

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

What type of SL is this?

She MUST cancel the DD immediately and instruct the bank to NEVER set one up without her express permission, bloody chancers!

There is NO requirement to fill in any forms these lot send her, why have they been flogged it?

Was it in arrears previously and this is the outcome of the sordid DCA's being flogged them by this corrupt government?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Shes worried that if she cancels the DD before she applies for deferment then they will refuse to defer and demand repayment.

Its never been defaulted

its only ever been in deferement because her gross earnings do not reach the threshold to start paying it back

She thinks yhey are the old mortgage style loan. Taken out 96 97 98 and 99

Hers is one of the loans sold on by the government recently to erudio.

Im sure I read somewhere it was in the region of 250,000 student loans that were sold. To

They can't blackmail her like that.

A direct debit allows them to rifle the account and take whatever they want whenever they want, a Standing Order puts the account holder in control.

IMO, I would be cancelling the DD as a matter of urgency and applying for deferment.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Shes 99% certain that having a current account and filling in a dd mandate with the slc was part of her original t&c's. She worried that cancelling it would breach them thus rendering her liable to immediate repayment

Shes 99% certain that having a current account and filling in a dd mandate with the slc was part of her original t&c's

But now the original T&C's have changed, this isn't SLC we're talking about, this is a cheap taccy DCA who will help themselves to whatever is in the account, a very amoral outfit, give them no wriggle room.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would send them a CCA for EACH account number.

these debts have been SOLD

they must abide by the org T&C's

we are under the belief that they cant mark credit files once sold in this manner.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Blue... Listen to us above... The T&Cs still do however now that it's hit the collections process most of these are thrown out the window by the DCA)

She needs to take control of this and there shouldn't be any repercussions for doing it.

DX is right... This is a loan whichever way you look at it.

Please believe us... I don't want to see someone else fall to another DCA

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

As I mentioned... When it goes to a DCA, most of the terms are thrown out of the window by the DCA and they will try ANYTHING to get you to pay.

Please do not cave into them

I'll amend my post sorry for the confusion

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

There are currently big discussions about Erudio's tricks on Money Saving Expert and Mumsnet forums,

where many people are concerned about the terms and conditions on Erudio's deferment form.

I sent mine off before I realised about the CRA issue, although I'm not so much concerned about that at the moment as the possibility

that they might be planning on doing whatever they can to worm out of deferring the loan and demanding repayment.

An Erudio direct debit is already set up in my account because they were given my details by the Student Loan Company (who had their own direct debit set up).

The Student Loan Company never actually took any money because they always agreed to defer.

Many people are worried that, if we cancel our direct debits, Erudio will then claim we are in breach of our terms and conditions and demand full repayment.

However, if we are eligible to defer they should not be even trying to take the money.

I would suggest that anyone who is pressurised into repaying when they are below the repayment threshold should report Erudio to the Financial Conduct Authority.

The new regulations given to the FCA from yesterday were introduced precisely to stop companies trying to extract money from people who cannot afford it

- if the FCA finds out that Erudio has been trying to make people on low incomes repay student loans when they cannot afford to, hopefully it will clamp down on them.

I would post links for you to both the MSE and Mumsnet discussions on this topic

but unfortunately I'm not allowed to post links on this forum as I'm new.

Anyone who wants to view those discussions can do so by going to the relevant sites and searching for Erudio

(on MSE you will also have to select 'Forum' from the drop-down list which appears when you click in the search

box). The discussions on both sites should be the first thing that appears in the search results.

those threads are already listed in the above link I posted.

and they

My partner has read those threads. Shes still none the wiser as to what course of action she should take as regards responding to erudio use yheir forms and change her t&c's. Or not and risk them saying she has breached her t&c's and must start repaying.

Look blue, put simply your partner has no contract with eurido as she signed contract/s with slc who then did the dirty and sold her debt to a DCA.

You/your partner need to research DCA and what little power they have, their main power is to lie and cheat people out of their money .....plain and simple. They have no authority to demand payment in full etc, etc as there is no signed contract between your partner and them. Sorry to be blunt but the advice given by above posters is 1st class advice ...and you need to advise your partner to grow a pair and take these parasites on . Their forms ask questions they have no legal right to ask, and i would as advised be fuming if they set up a dd on my bank acc without my express position. Tell them that dd are not suitable for you and you demand that if a repayment facility is to be set up you will organise a SO from your side.

YOU NEED TO BE FIRM with these bottom feeders

They ask in their forms ....

Do you rent or own property?

Answer: N/A

Please give us your bank details?

Answer: BOGOF , you have no need for my bank details. If payments need TO BE made then please forward me your bank details and i will organise a SO from my bank.

Or!

I no longer hold a bank account.

Do you get the drift? This is not a respectable organisation they are a thinly veiled extortion racket who paid peanuts for your debt. They are not to be trusted and fight them, they have bugger all legal powers and judges are all to aware of their illegal activities.

Laugh at them the next time they make their nonsense demands.

One thing i might do, you sign any correspondence in your own handwriting but as your partner . DCA 's have been known to cut and paste signatures onto documents that dont exist.

You could then stand before a judge and say that it was your signature and therefore prove its a false document, there have been court cases regarding this in the past, so try baiting them to see if they bite ?

never ever forget rodeo are a DCA ARROW GLOBAL.

they cannot change anything.

please don't fall for there tricks

dx

and they

Iv had some very good advice guys. Thanks. Turns out in erudios noa They say that they know my partner has an active DD and that the original t&c's apply so their form will go back to them with the information supplied that slc would have asked for. They will alo be told that they will not be provided with any additional information then if they refuse deferral becasue of that I can go after them via complaint to to the fca and ill be hauling up their data controler with complaints. I figure I should keep my powder dry at least until I get them to blink first

I would not be stating why you are not filling in certain parts

just fill in what you are required to do

under the SLC T&C's.

as you have said

keep your powder dry.

dx

and they

Instruct your bank to block any DD application from them.

Also, send all correspondence 'signed for' as if they start playing silly buggers and say that deferral was not received,

not to their liking and play a dirty trick by entering a mark on credit file?

Then you can easily have it removed arguing it was a malicious entry.

Just play smart with them and box clever.