Barry Swift v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

after sending my first letter to halifax on the 16th of october i got my reply today on the 28th of october saying they will look into my complaint and that they are sorry that i have to write to them regaurding this matter it also said that they are making further investigations and will be in a postion to reply shortly i will keep you all informed on my progress i did try to start my own thread but it told me i never had enough privilages ;-)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you proceed with your timelines, so if you have sent your prelim letter, then go onto your Letter Before Action ...

Good Luck and keep fighting.

I will not be held liable for any advice/comments given... if in any doubt please consult professional advice.

HBOS Acc1 - Small Claim Filed 31/07/06 - WON -21/8/06 - MCOL -06/09/06 - WON 13/09/06

HBOS acc2 -Small Claim Filed 02/08/06 - WON 13/09/06 - Round 2 Prelim Letter sent 14/09.06 - LBA sent 27/09/06 - MCOL 16/10/06

HBOS acc3 Prelim Letter sent 14/09/06 - LBA sent 27/09/06 - MCOL 16/10/06

yep, in the library and go get them!!!!!!!!!!

I will not be held liable for any advice/comments given... if in any doubt please consult professional advice.

HBOS Acc1 - Small Claim Filed 31/07/06 - WON -21/8/06 - MCOL -06/09/06 - WON 13/09/06

HBOS acc2 -Small Claim Filed 02/08/06 - WON 13/09/06 - Round 2 Prelim Letter sent 14/09.06 - LBA sent 27/09/06 - MCOL 16/10/06

HBOS acc3 Prelim Letter sent 14/09/06 - LBA sent 27/09/06 - MCOL 16/10/06

• 2 weeks later...

hello everyone ok just opened my letters and have a letter from halifax asking if we will accept the sum of 1,121.00 as a final settelment well i aint accepting that so i wont sign it but i need advice on what to say to them in a letter to state i will accept it as part payment thank you all for your continued help by the way i sent my LBA on the 1st of nov and i got this letter today on the 10th nov

bazza:D

Yes that's right, tell them you will accept the offer, but on the understanding you will pursure the rest with the court action you have warned them about in your letter dated xx/xx/xx. Keep to YOUR deadlines and submit your MCOL 14 days after your LBA.

You are well on your way!!!

xox

Springer :p

Hiya

It is a money claim online, which is where you can issue court action on the web.

You don't get to this stage until you have sent your preliminary approach for payment, waited 14 days, sent you letter before action, then waited another 14 days.

At the 'MCOL' stage, you can add your 8% interest which you can work out on the spreadsheet in the template library.

xox

hi all just a quick update got letter back today not bad considering i only posted it on sunday :D anyway this HELEN MARTIN lady from halifax is saying she offerd me 1,121.00 which we declined and she confirms that she will not refund the money owed to us and that future charges will stand and she has the right to close the account if i dont manage it correctly she goes on to say that if i remain unhappy i should seek further advice from the financial ombudsman service there deadline is the 17th of this month before i do me court action or moneyclaim on line please could i have some advice on what to do next thank you :oops:

hi all me again soz to be a huge pain in the rear but i have just done my spread sheet and the total has gone from 3###.## odd cant remember figure i got it on poota somewere to 4,182.13 i added 8% to each bank charge is this right

If you use the 'simple' spreadsheet in the libray it will work it out for you.

It will work out the 8% on EACH charge calculated from the date the charge was applied to your account.

When you have done your MCOL send your shedule of charges with the 8% to the court and the Halifax.

I used these letters:

FOR THE COURT:

The Court Manager

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St Katherine’s Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

(DATE)

Dear Sir/Madam

(YOU) –v- (BANK)

Claim No: ********

I have today requested the issue of a County Court claim via the Moneyclaim online service, details as above.

Please find enclosed a schedule of the money taken from me by the defendant bank by way of charges, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached with the particulars of my claim.

Yours Faithfully

(YOU)

AND FOR THE BANK:

(BANK)

(DATE)

ACCOUNT NUMBER: **********

Dear Sir/Madam,

Further to my recent correspondence to your department dated **/**/** and **/**/**, in which I requested the repayment of unlawful charges which have been levied to my account, your lack of positive action to resolve this matter has regretfully left me with no alternative but to seek redress at the County Court.

I wish to inform you that I have today (**/**/**) issued a claim for the repayment of the unlawfully taken charges, plus statutory interest, plus costs. The claim will be served to you in due course.

Please find enclosed a schedule of the charges I am claiming, along with the interest accrued to date. A copy of this has also been sent to the court. Please note this schedule does not include court costs.

Yours Faithfully,

(YOU)

Spinger Thank You So Much For Your Help When I Win This I Will Donate To This Site Do You Know That It Has Gone From £3,769.00 To £4,182.13 With Intrest Can Court Fee They Would Of Been Better Off Paying The First Figure Lol:d JUST ONE MORE THING ON MY SCHEDULE THERE SEEMS ALOT OF UNPAID DD CHARGE WILL THIS MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE TO MY CLAIM

no, its not 8% on each charge, its 8% Interest on the charge(s), if you use the spreadsheets, it should calculate itself for you?

AB123uk

IF MY COMMENTS ARE USEFUL, PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES!

Halifax Staff Current Account WON

Lloyds WON

Yorkshire WON

Halifax Staff Visa WON

If CAG Helped you..... Why not help CAG!

Click Donate at the top of the forum!

Oyster- I fought the Lloyds will have it's mark in history- have you downloaded your Official Charges Track?