• Tweets

• just to clarify my point look at page 5 the right hand side black line to the right of the sig box is missing that sig info has clearly been copied and pasted by lowells on to that set of t&c's and if you look at other vanquis card CCA returns here on cag for that same set of T&C there has never been that box there anyway   Exhibit_NA1_(1).pdf
    • > they keep piling on charges and CRS are now chasing me for over £100. My membership was/is £9.99 a month. > So....am I at fault? Do I need to pay? You are not at fault. It is entirely their fault for making this whole process so difficult, and I'd love to seem them argue otherwise against any British judge. Have you ever met any other company who makes it this difficult to cancel a subscription? Probably not! Because it's a (sort of) legal grey-area. You owe them nothing. In what world does it make sense to charge a customer £90 for cancelling their (£9.99/mo) membership less than a month early? What other reputable company would do this? Nobody. This is not legally enforceable!     X4L/Harlands/CRS/Zinc are all part of the same group, and they all have absolutely zero legal power over you. They are not bailiffs. Nothing will happen to your credit and nobody will show up at your door. They will never dare take you to court, because they know that they stand no chance, but they might try to scare you. Pay no attention to this. You might get a few annoying emails/texts/phone calls, but do not answer nor reply to any of these - if you do, you're just giving them more to feed on. These people prey on vulnerable people who get fooled into thinking they're in the wrong. Ignore any and all communication with these scumbags.   Feel free to check out similar threads from 2010-2016 about X4L/Harlands/CRS/Zinc on this forum, you'll notice that every OP stopped replying after so long because these cowboys gave up on trying to steal money from them after they realised that they wouldn't budge. Their whole business is based on stealing money from innocent people. You'll be fine! Good luck. Keep us updated!    
    • looks like you still paid for ppi. {£236.03}   unravelling the crap in the letter it looks like your can make a PPI reclaim directly to welcome even though they were not GISC regulated, they are saying the underwriters were, but they cant say whom they were, but from other threads here it should be easy to work that out if needs be    so you had a loan of £2269.44 of which 236.03 was PPI   so ppi/loan*100=ppi%   236.03/2269.44*100=10.4%   so anything you paid 10.4% of it was for ppi so statint sheet time      
    • bang shot yourself in the foot why did you mention PPI in the sar request?  
    • Thank you for your response Eric's Brother. I have been out of the country and was told about this on my return. It is not clear yet whether the Company have paid this PCN. They have a flawed policy of paying these and asking questions later, even deducting the money from the employees wages if they don't get a response from the employee within a certain time limit. They couldn't have got a response from my daughter as she too was away on holiday which is why she lent her car to my son. I'm not sure this policy is legal ?. Anyway, I'm getting sketchy information in dribs and drabs. My son was visiting Wrexham for a one off event so is unable to get pictures of the car park signage or the ticket machine. I will get the image supplied by Parking Eye and post it up on here. Sorry for the incomplete information so far, but that's what I'm getting. Kids eh ?...no sense of urgency.
  • Our picks

john

judges requests

Received a letter from Cobbetts today asking for me to send notice of discontinuance forms to court as they sent a cheque for full and final settlement on 13th August. Great, but only problem is I haven’t got any letter or cheque.

Also according to todays letter they have enclosed a copy of said letter from 13th August, but that isn’t there either!!!

Have spoken to them today and they don’t seem too concerned about the missing cheque, and the missing copy of the letter is a clerical error. I broached the subject of the extra interest accrued, and was told to email with the current figure. Have done this today so eagerly await the outcome.

I know this may come as a little overdue but ... the practice direction to Part 18 of the Civil Procedure Rules says nothing about a request for further information not applying to small claims cases. In fact, if allocation questionnaires have not been filed prior to the request for further information pursuant to CPR Part 18 then the claim is not allocated to any track and both parties are still very much on risk as to costs.

Guest willowb

:eek: this can't be true, wouldn't Cobbetts be milking this fact? as it stands they've never used that argument in any of the letters I've received from them!

Wxx

I stated to Cobbetts all along that I had no problem providing the information at the courts request, and indeed submitted the info at the judges request.

Guest willowb

Hi John,

But isn't that the whole argument here......'at the Judge's request' ? I too have expressed the same and have provided as much relevant information to them without going into legal depths by answering every question in their request. Although we should be ready for it, I think the Judge would see right through this.......not that it'll ever go before a Judge ;>)

Wxx

been in touch with cobbetts today, they said they are going to get a cheque issued for full amount claimed.

Following thread

Please Click The Scales if I have been of help to you.

Kensington Mortgages withdrawn. no costs

NatWest Settled in full

Abbey Court Settled in Full

Capital 1 settled in full

Halifax settled in full :D

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group