judges requests

john
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received a letter from Cobbetts today asking for me to send notice of discontinuance forms to court as they sent a cheque for full and final settlement on 13th August. Great, but only problem is I haven’t got any letter or cheque.

Also according to todays letter they have enclosed a copy of said letter from 13th August, but that isn’t there either!!!

Have spoken to them today and they don’t seem too concerned about the missing cheque, and the missing copy of the letter is a clerical error. I broached the subject of the extra interest accrued, and was told to email with the current figure. Have done this today so eagerly await the outcome.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this may come as a little overdue but ... the practice direction to Part 18 of the Civil Procedure Rules says nothing about a request for further information not applying to small claims cases. In fact, if allocation questionnaires have not been filed prior to the request for further information pursuant to CPR Part 18 then the claim is not allocated to any track and both parties are still very much on risk as to costs.

:eek: this can't be true, wouldn't Cobbetts be milking this fact? as it stands they've never used that argument in any of the letters I've received from them!

Wxx

Hi John,

But isn't that the whole argument here......'at the Judge's request' ? I too have expressed the same and have provided as much relevant information to them without going into legal depths by answering every question in their request. Although we should be ready for it, I think the Judge would see right through this.......not that it'll ever go before a Judge ;>)

Wxx

Following thread

Please Click The Scales if I have been of help to you.

Kensington Mortgages withdrawn. no costs

NatWest Settled in full

Abbey Court Settled in Full

Capital 1 settled in full

Halifax settled in full :D

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks