We purchased a TV wall bracket off Amazon and on opening the box found the item to be damaged.

Surfer01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We purchased a TV wall bracket off Amazon and

on opening the box found the item to be damaged.

Through Amazon we raised an issue and got notification that a refund would be due when the item was returned.

We posted back the item at a cost of £6.70 to us.

My card has been refunded, but despite providing proof of postage,

the company is refusing to refund the postage costs as per their T & Cs.

I was not aware that their T & Cs could over ride the Distance selling Regulations as the goods were damaged. :x

I am not that familiar with requesting refunds through Amazon

so can someone please steer me in the correct direction to raise a dispute using Amazon?

Thanks.

Speak to them, see what they say, tell them the retailer is refusing.

Rebel can you still do this if the value of the item was only about £31 and it is only the postage cost of £6.70 that we are trying to claim back?

Speak to them, see what they say, tell them the retailer is refusing.

Apologies for not answering sooner.

The seller still has not refunded the postage charges so

we are still out of pocket to the tune of £6.70.

As the cost of the item has been refunded,

it appears Amazon have no further interest or I am not looking in the right place to escalate the problem.

We paid for the postage cash, but have the receipt a copy of which was sent to the seller.

Seller is still insisting that as per their T & Cs they don't refund postage charges on anything.

What is the next step to get back postage charges?

Thanks.

Nicked this from Which?

Any terms and conditions that say you must cover the cost of returning an item wouldn’t apply where the goods being returned are faulty.

Amazon have a duty to rectify this.

Also, as it is Amazon, you can leave a long winded negative review. This could affect sales and the seller won't like it.

This from Amazon

Please note that you'll be responsible for the costs of returning the items to us unless we delivered the item to you in error, or if the item is damaged or defective. If we don't receive the item back from you with the delivery slip, we may arrange for collection of the item from your residence at your cost

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Surfer01

What has your card provider said about refunding £6.70?

We paid the £6.70 in cash at the local post office. Is there a link where you can escalate it for the attention of Amazon as all I can find is the help section telling you about refunds etc, but no links if you need to escalate a complaint. Thanks.

• dx100uk changed the title to We purchased a TV wall bracket off Amazon and on opening the box found the item to be damaged.