What do you think?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would appreciate any feedback you guys and gals can give me.

I have just bit the bullet and splashed out on one of these babies.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-GE70-2PE-051UK-17-3-inch-Notebook/dp/B00IZFMB6I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396250496&sr=8-1&keywords=MSI+GE70+2PE-051UK+Apache+Pro+17.3-inch+Gaming+Notebook+%28Black%29+-+%28Intel+Core+2.4GHz%2C+16GB+RAM+%2C+1TB+HDD%2C+2x+128GB+SSD%2C+Windows+8%29

I have never heard of the make before, but can't find much negative response on the net. It seems to have similar specs as the Dell Alienware range, but for less than half the price. I also got it for £1299 and not the £1467.22 advertised.

Thoughts please.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Not a bad laptop, but theres some serious misadvertising with it. Especially with the raid boost stuff.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have a couple of days to cancel if I want. So if you could fill me in about the raid stuff (I don't understand it), I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Don't get me wrong. It's a really solid laptop for the price. They advertise upto 1400 in a raid 0 setting with their "raid boost" tech. However the only time you'll even reach half of that speed is under sequential r/w scenarios such as data crunching etc. You wont get anywhere near that under normal gameplay conditions.

My home system has 4 256 SSD's in raid 0, All 4 at close to 700/500 individually. I cant really think of a single time where it actually hit close to 1000 on either. It does make a difference in load times in games though. Especially if you know how to create a cache for your games.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I'm just glad it's worth the price. I will ask about creating a cache for games after it comes. It's not due until 24th-29th April.

Thanks for your help.

Each game creates it's own cache. For some games, especially MMO's, you can simply throw the game on the SSD and it does it automatically. Then theres the entire RAMdrive aspect to look at, where, if you have enough ram, the game will create it's cache in your spare ram instead of on the drive, giving you near instantaneous access to any file the game needs.

To be honest. I only play games on Facebook. The most demanding will be War Commander. But even Candy Crush Saga slows this laptop down. I just hope that the new laptop will just breeze through them games.

Lol, overkill then mate. MSI make a lot of components for other brands of computers, they are well known and very good. Don't think you will need that much laptop though, a laptop a third of that price will do fine.

I'd expect that laptop to eat up Steam games for breakfast, even the Crysis series will run OK

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Agree with the above. For around 400-500 you can get a laptop that will play Facebook games with ease. The one you have bought will play pretty much any standalone game on the market right now.

Unlesss you want to play heavy FPS and Flight Sim or other heavyweight games it is overkill, and I would agree with Renegadeimp regarding specs.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

If I somehow managed to scrape that sort of money together I'd be getting a new desktop computer with a 32" 1080p TV to use as the monitor :p (desktops you always get a lot more bang for your buck)

MSI always makes me think of those Japanese cartoons.... (I always say their name in a high pitched Japanese accent, Micro Star International) Here is their wiki page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro-Star_International

What games are you looking at playing?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Post #10 locutus.

OK, if you do get that laptop, get some top games to go with it... If you're only gonna play the games listed, I'd be tempted to get something more like this :-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Processor-Integrated-Graphics-Windows/dp/B00FLPFR5W/ref=sr_1_23?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1396478495&sr=1-23&keywords=17.3+i5

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

SOD'EM, here's me thinking you were poor like me, I'll have your old one please :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

LOL MD.

Well the laptop arrived early and I must say, I'm not really impressed AT ALL!!!!!

It looks great and has a nice feel, and the keyboard for typing is the best and easiest I have ever had. The only bad part about that is that the spacebar is in an unusual place in relation to the touchpad compared to any other laptop I have used.

Now for the bad stuff.

Windows 8 sucks donkey balls, so I had to install Classic Shell to give it a Windows 7 feel.

It picks up fingerprints like the met office.

If your fingers are even the slightest bit sweaty, you can forget gliding your finger across the touchpad.

I turned off 'Tap to click' because that has always done my head in. And pinch to zoom because it was too sensitive.

If you go near the corner with your cursor, all sorts of crap pop up.

The games I have played on Facebook are practically the same as my old laptop. Maybe slightly less laggy.

Browsing is only slightly quicker also and I use Virgin Media up to 100mg speed.

I have to keep clearing cache on all browsers after a couple of hours as the page will not load (not sure what the problem is there).

I don't use an external mouse so only use touchpad. I need to nearly break an index finger to do a left or right click.

I installed a performance index program, and only got a score of 5.6 (which pi$$ed me off). The data transfer rate and CPU part both got 8.1 which I am happy with, but it was let down by the graphics (which I thought were gonna be great.

The keyboard lights up in fancy colours which my wife likes, and it starts and shuts down as quick as lightning.

Now I have only had it a day, and I have never had a laptop anywhere near these specs before. Maybe I need to tweek a few things that I have no clue about. So if anyone can give me a few simple tips, I would be really grateful. Maybe I just need to get used to it. I paid for the selling company to open the box and give the laptop a full once over to make sure all hardware and software and stuff was fine.

I hope there are a few things I could try to make my £1300.00 a more enjoyable spending experience. I bought this instead of going on holiday. :(

DSR it?

you purchased online so you can return this within 7 working days of purchase

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Was thinking that Loccy, but was hoping it was just me doing something wrong, not knowing how to get the most out of it. Other people gave it rave reviews, and that's what made me decide to purchase it. Maybe if I just get used to the touchpad, and the other aspects of Windows 8 I will be fine.

Plus, I can't be arsed sending it back :)

Buy a cheap external mouse from tesco. Screw the touchpad.

I've got a mouse. It's just that I like the laptop on my lap, and have nowhere to put the mouse.

Facebook games will not play any faster on the best system. Install steam and try some demos that need higher requirements and your system will show you why it costs so much!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar