Greenwood - Account set up incorrectly, Agent saked for malpratice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

After some advice,

I unfortunately took out a greenwood personal loan in 2011,

The agent filled in the paper work, I signed it and that was it i had the cash given to me there and then.

After a few weeks the agent stopped turning up,

I called number on the card to state that he had not turned up,

they informed me he was under investigation and another agent would be around to collect my money

(They did not take card payments then else i would have paid).

No agent showed up for the coming 5 weeks;

I called the head office again stating the issue and they said that as soon as a new agent is appointed to the area they will be around to collect.

(During this time, i had kept the money i was due to pay back).

No Agent ever showed, the next thing i know i have a default added to my credit file.

Start date: 29/10/2011

Default Date registered: 13/01/2012

I called the customer service department to ask why this had been added given the situation,

they explained that they had sent letters to me about the overdue amount, and as i had not responded issued a default.

I contested that i had never received such letters etc,

It transpires that the 'actual' paper work that was sent off to the office had a false address on it

(I live in Cornwall, the paper work had a Devon address on it - which i have never lived at).

I had explained that this was false, the customer service agent could not understand why this address was there,

or why the agent had set up a loan outside of his 'area' and passed it on to the 'regional manager'.

The manager was less than useless; however I had the full balance to pay him as i wanted to get this sorted.

Greenwood have stopped correspondence with myself in relation to rectifying the issue.

Thankfully, im a little anal about paperwork and I have the following:

- original contact. which i have supplied to greenwood (They have dismissed it saying this does not match theirs. ).

- A copy of the statement i gave to the regional manager.

- Receipt for final payment.

- List of all calls made to them (BT Supplied me with this).

The only thing i do not have is a "Request to call" which apparently is required by doorstep lenders? (Never signed one)

I've asked them that they update there records,

as i believe that the default was added in error,

they are refusing because "they are within there rights to update CRA about defaulted accounts"

So my question is,

Where do i go from here as this has been going on to long and i feel they should have resolved this in that time.

ah greenwood and their agents and what they get up to and suddenly disappearing for syndrome.

send greenwood a CCA request.

if the address etc on their copy of the CCA is not right

then you can demand the default removed.

'what' you actually do about 'what' you borrowed is your next problem.

if the agreement is not enforceable .... interesting

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ah greenwood and their agents and what they get up to and suddenly disappearing for syndrome.

send greenwood a CCA request.

if the address etc on their copy of the CCA is not right

then you can demand the default removed.

'what' you actually do about 'what' you borrowed is your next problem.

if the agreement is not enforceable .... interesting

dx

They have stopped communicating, I called the FOS for some advice and they opened a case against them.

Receieved a letter from BCW , called them explaing the situation, and they refused to take a payment and have returned it to green wood.

Based on the reply I get from the Fos, will dictate my next move. Personally I wish to take them to court, its about time these companies cleaned up there act.