ANPR private parking charge - Now to final Demand.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I really need someones help regarding these well known ANPR guys.

So, here is the deal, back in January 11/01/14, I have parked at my friends house. it was saturday, had to do some work for Uni. I also have placed a note saying "Visitor of Flat X"

When I left, I found the famous checker paper ticket on my windshield. Ticket was issued 14:23

He took the ticket and he contacted estate agents to deal with it as I was visiting him and he gave me a permission to park there as he is legal tenant of that house.

There are no gates, nothing, its behind the building and the car park has roughly 6-7 spaces. That day, there was like 1-2 cars. Cant remember exactly, that car park is pretty much always empty.

Him contacted the agents and them telling him it will be dealt with we left it expecting it will be dismissed. It was quite and then last week I received this letter of Final Demand. This was out of blue. No correspondence, no outstanding invoice as some have received, absolutely nothing until final demand.

So i replied to them explained my situation that this is unfair and unjust and I was granted permission to park there. I also attached my friends witness statement. Unfortunately, I have not googled ANPR and and just acted and sent off letter as I got scared.

I am attaching the correspondence with them.

Please help me out as I am a student and I cannot afford to pay £140 or even more if they start taking me to courts.

Big thanks to anyone who can help!

Tomas

should I say something like this? I found it on the forum:

I refer to your invoice dated the xxxxx and received on the XXXX

In response, I would ask you to note the following.

When an invoice is issued under the law of contract to a vehicle which although allowed to park on the land, is in breach of the conditions relating to parking, it could be argued that the charge being demanded is so high that it amounts to a penalty and is therefore unlawful under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations 1999.

Therfore should it be your intention to pursue this matter further, I will require the following infoirmation.,

1) Precise details of the calculation used to establish the sum pursued in this case, taking account of the following statement issued by the Department for Transport.

Charges for breaking a parking contract must be reasonable and a genuine pre-estimate of loss. This means charges must compensate the landholder only for the loss they are likely to suffer because the parking contract has been broken. For example, to cover the unpaid charges and the administrative costs associated with issuing the ticket to recover the charges. Charges may not be set at higher levels than necessary to recover business losses and the intention should not be to penalise the driver.

2) I also require written proof that as a third party agent you have contractual consent from the land owner to raise legal proceedings on their behalf.

Furthermore, should you fail to provide a detailed response to any of the points raised in this correspondence a POPLA reference will be required in order that this issue can be progressed to the independent appeals body. I am of course fully aware that the decision of POPLA is binding only on the pursuer and not the defender.

I hope this information clearly outlines my position and I look forward to your detailed written response.

Yours faithfully

Of course we will. Just get that popla code and let us know when you do. DOnt post it here, just let us know you have it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Why ignore it? Theres a99% chance he will win, plus it will cost the PPC a considerable amount when he appeals through POPLA, and it wont cost him a penny.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thank yo for all of your advice and support. Really appreciate it.

I have sent off letter to ANPR requesting the code, expecting them to get back to me with POPLA code soon.

Lets see what happens...Ill keep you updated.

Thanks again.

UPDATE:

They have sent me a Notice of Intent... passing on to the "appropriate agency" that will seek a court order instigating the recovery of this debt.

They sent me this even though I have sent them a letter requiring POPLA code.

Then their hand is a busted flush. Seeking a court order indeed, they make it sound like they dont have to argue their case in front of a district judge and then get a decision that is contrary to almost every case that has been defended so far.

This usually mens that they are not going to do anything else because they know they are in breach of the protocols and will get a spanking if they try anything else other than sending you letters.

Regarding ANPR Ltd and H&S Litigation, this has appeard on the latter's website:-

Please note that we no longer represent ANPR Ltd of Preston as of 16th March 2014. Any issues regarding tickets should be directed to ANPR Ltd., Box one, Preston PR2 0NF

• 6 months later...

Hello Fellows,

It has been a very long time but they are not stoping.

I have received another letter from ANPR. Please have a look.

They also attached a pic of my car which I am not showing here..

I am getting little worried at this point.

Many thanks for your help,

Tomas

Edited by tomas92

Did they ever send the popla code?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Then they cant do anything.

Thank you all for your input, really appreciate it.

Should I then engage in full ignore mode or should I reply to them saying to stop wasting paper.

Maybe flip the cards and sue them for threatening me and creating fake court papers to pursue irrelevant charges. I am sure it cannot be legal to these kind of things. this is pretty much stealing from people. I dont want to know how many unfortunate people have paid these tickets without thinking. I mean this is ridiculous, clearly they cant do nothing and I cannot believe no authority has taken steps to close these loosers down.

If I or anyone else started harassing people with nonsense like this, I would be in big trouble in no time!

No, you ignore the idiots. Writing to them makes thiem think that you take them seriously enough to respond so you might believe that they have a chance of being right and they will continue to bother you in the hope you do waver and cough up.

Saying nothing means they have to spend more money going nowhere. Keep their letters safe though, just in case.