No motor vehicles except buses signs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How is failure to comply with the above mentioned sign penalised outside London. I know in London it's by a PCN issued by a local authority but what about outside London. Is it a motoring offence dealt with through penalty points and a FPN issued by the police?

It's not just London - in several other places (mostly big cities) local authorities have been given the power to enforce certain moving traffic offences by PCN. In places where they haven't it's still a police matter - an offence under Section 36 of the Road Traffic Act, maximum fine £1000 if you were prosecuted for it, but more likely you'd be given a £50 fixed penalty. There are no points for failing to comply with a no motor vehicles sign, unlike, say, a no entry sign.

How is failure to comply with the above mentioned sign penalised outside London. I know in London it's by a PCN issued by a local authority but what about outside London. Is it a motoring offence dealt with through penalty points and a FPN issued by the police?

It would be enforced as a 'bus lane' using The Bus Lane Contraventions (Penalty Charges, Adjudication and Enforcement) (England) Regulations 2005, only London councils can enforce moving traffic offences.

It would be enforced as a 'bus lane' using The Bus Lane Contraventions (Penalty Charges, Adjudication and Enforcement) (England) Regulations 2005, only London councils can enforce moving traffic offences.

Does this mean then that the Lendal Bridge traffic reduction experiment in York, Bus lane Penalty Charges, cannot be enforced?

Google it.

Hammy

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

York City Council are using bus lane penalty charges to nab innocent unsuspecting motorists.

No time to post now but Google Lendal Bridge penalty York

'It would be enforced as a 'bus lane' using The Bus Lane Contraventions (Penalty Charges, Adjudication and Enforcement) (England) Regulations 2005, only London councils can enforce moving traffic offences'.

Hammy.

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

York City Council are using bus lane penalty charges to nab innocent unsuspecting motorists.

No time to post now but Google Lendal Bridge penalty York

'It would be enforced as a 'bus lane' using The Bus Lane Contraventions (Penalty Charges, Adjudication and Enforcement) (England) Regulations 2005, only London councils can enforce moving traffic offences'.

Hammy.

They are enforcing it as a 'bus lane' are they not? Which is exactly what I said!

• 3 months later...