Jump to content

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2435 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi ,

Can someone please help me on below issue how to go further..

I had bought a SONY TV from RGB online store On 22/12/2011 (It is more than 2.5 years now)

Recently I am facing some problem with the TV, i.e. it is automatically turning off and red light is blinking 6 times with no picture seen. This is the same problem which occurred during the first year of purchase(exactly after 10 months after purchase) and was repaired by SONY under manufacturer warranty. I learnt that as per Sale of Goods Act, if there is some problem with the product not due to normal wear tear during first 6 years ,it is retailers responsibility to fix/repair/replace it.

I contacted RGB(Retailer) and they rejected to repair as it is not under warranty anymore and they are ready to send it for diagnosing the problem if i am ready to pay for trade cost repair.

According to The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) states that when a consumer buys goods from a trader they must be: as described; of a satisfactory quality.According to this law, I have six years from the date of purchase to claim damages for faulty goods.

Please advice whether i can take action and claim against retailer in this situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

After 6 months there is "reverse burden of proof" ie you need to prove it is faulty, and this is due to a manufacturing defect.

To prove this you may need an engineers report stating it is due to manufacturing defect. Email the retailer and ask them if they will repair this or if you need to take it further. They may state they need you to get an engineers report stating the fault is with the manufacture or the product. If they require an engineers report, they must refund this to you if it is proven to be a manufacturing defect, and repair the TV.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)


Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.


923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE



Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)


If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site


Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Link to post
Share on other sites



Welcome to CAG


Don't speak to them over the phone. Send e-mails or letters Recorded Delivery. You've got letters you can send, how did you pay?


Here's some more info:-



Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks locutus&rebel11 for your timely reply.


I had contacted the Citzen advice bureau and upon their advice i had sent a letter(Signed delivery) to retailer giving 14 days to reply and same is copied to my local area trading standards as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...