Driving licence problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3671 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone advise me please, I had to reapply for my full driving licence due to a drink drive ban, I held it since 1994 so I had the C1 on y licence.

I got it back around 2003 but it only has B and Be on it now, but on the back it dates from 1994.

Why have I lost these categories from when I had them in 1994?

seems dvla do this a lot. They did the same to me and swear blind I never had cat c1 or c.

Unless you have a copy of your license to prove otherwise then I don't think you will get far as they will not admit they are wrong without a long fight

but its on their website that if you passed before 1997 then you automatically have them so why do they dissapear i didnt have to retake my test just apply for my licence back

I asked them that exact question and was just fobbed off time and time again.

I am going to take it further you are penalised and pay back with losing your licence some people need that on there for their job if they were driving a lorry as a job before the licence was lost, they should replace it like for like.

You passed your test, and were given C1.

However, your licence was revoked.

You don't have your "old licence back " - you have been issued with a new one. Since your original test pass C1 is no longer automatically granted with a B pass, hence why your new licence doesn't have it.

If you were renewing your old licence it would be there but in effect you have a new licence rather than your old one.

You don't have your "old licence back " - you have been issued with a new one. Since your original test pass C1 is no longer automatically granted with a B pass, hence why your new licence doesn't have it.

If you were renewing your old licence it would be there but in effect you have a new licence rather than your old one.

Not strictly true. I was disqualified in 2006 for 15 months, when I reapplied for my licence it came back the same as before, I had not lost C1 entitlement.

The rules surrounding licences are strange, when I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, after 3 months the DVLA said it was ok to resume driving, including a C1 category vehicle. Yet if I had had a medical to get my C1 (have it through grandfather rights) then I'd have to have fitness test to be able to drive it, as I did for my C provisional.

The licence was not revoked, the OP was disqualified by a court from holding a licence, when that disqualification ended they could apply for their licence back - which should have been exactly the same as it was before.