BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2227 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Tried screen grab but technology defeated me . so I have copied the main details

This is the message from Norton

28/03/2014 14:35:44,High,An intrusion attempt by klotaz.info was blocked.,

No Action Required,

Web Attack: Malicious SWF Download 8,No Action Required,No Action Required,"klotaz.info (141.101.116.70, 80)",klotaz.info/ads/id_24853.swf?cid=fm2lqejejimm53at1blvfqe1),141.101.116.70 (141.101.116.70),"TCP, www-http"

Network traffic from klotaz.info/ads/id_24853.swf?cid=fm2lqejejimm53at1blvfqe137 matches the signature of a known attack.

The attack was resulted from \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME3\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE

Hi,

I've had a good look around, but don't see anything malicious on our site. Is anyone else experiencing this?

That error relates to an ad that is attempting to download something in the background.

Edit: actually i've seen that address a few times. Checked on my works database of known sites, and it's there too.

It sounds very much like it downloaded something to your system, then when you try and log in, it attempts to call home with the login details. However, your AV is blocking the communication.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

A few days ago when i opened a tab it came up saying Java needed to be updated. Like an idiot I did just that instead of going to the Java site. My PC then started running v slowly so I did a malwarebytes scan and got over 500 hits, one of them being the Java file.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

At least Norton is working for me by blocking and scans are up to date , what should I do next to rid my lap top of it

BTW just installed malwarebytes , and it is beavering away as I type

Disable system restore, disable the internet connection, then perform multiple deep scans using multiple software.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Disable system restore, disable the internet connection, then perform multiple deep scans using multiple software.

OK , might have to get my techwiz son to help me with that

Make sure that once you have performed a deep scan with 1 AV

What is the make and model of your computer ?

Dell Inspiron N5040 Lap Top

Just to add ,in the OP I deleted references to my IP address and PC Name , which may have suggested my PC was targeted ?

Having just run malwarebytes scan and rebooted , the attack appears to have stopped, but I will carry out the other system clean-ups suggested

Thanks all for the interest being shown

Nah it wasnt targeted. it's just reporting the info. Most virii do that, as do some virus scanners.

Agreed, it wouldn't have been targeted.

Download Ccleaner - http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download - tick all the boxes except the bottom one (Wipe Free Space) and then run the Registry cleaner and then the Cleaner.

When the box appears asking if you want to back up the files before they are deleted, say no.

If your still worried, you can hit the F8 key at startup and recover your laptop to how it left the factory.

Just found this on the Dell site:

Please find the steps for getting back to the factory state:

• Restart PC, press 3-4 times when the Dell logo appears.
  • Advanced Boot Options menu appears, ‘Repair your Computer' is highlighted, press Enter. (Use the arrow keys to highlight your choice)
  • Windows is loading files screen appears. Wait for it to load.
  • System Recovery Options prompt appears. Specify the language and keyboard input that you want, and then click ‘Next’.
  • Log in as a user with the administrative credentials; select the username from the drop-down list, type the password and click OK.
  • Choose a Recovery Tool Window appears, select Dell Data Safe Restore and Emergency Backup.
  • The Welcome screen will show 2 options; Restore computer and preserve my new or changed files and Select other System Backup and more options. Select the second option (Select other System Backup and more options) and click Next.
  • The next window shows these options; Backup Files and folders and Restore my computer. Select ‘Restore my computer’.
  • Select the Factory Image and click ‘Next’.
  • The next window shows 2 options; 'Preserve new or changed files before restoring to selected System Backup' and 'Restore without preserving new or changed files'. Select the second option (Restore without preserving new or changed files) and click Next.
  • A prompt will appear stating 'Your computer is about to be restored. All data currently on your computer will be deleted and replaced with your selected Full System Backup'. If an Emergency File & Folder Backup was created, it will still be saved in the location you selected. Click 'Yes, continue' and click Next.
  • PC restore will initiate. Once done, click Restart.

combofix from the bleeping computersite

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Just found this on the Dell site:

Please find the steps for getting back to the factory state:

• Restart PC, press 3-4 times when the Dell logo appears.
  • Advanced Boot Options menu appears, ‘Repair your Computer' is highlighted, press Enter. (Use the arrow keys to highlight your choice)
  • Windows is loading files screen appears. Wait for it to load.
  • System Recovery Options prompt appears. Specify the language and keyboard input that you want, and then click ‘Next’.
  • Log in as a user with the administrative credentials; select the username from the drop-down list, type the password and click OK.
  • Choose a Recovery Tool Window appears, select Dell Data Safe Restore and Emergency Backup.
  • The Welcome screen will show 2 options; Restore computer and preserve my new or changed files and Select other System Backup and more options. Select the second option (Select other System Backup and more options) and click Next.
  • The next window shows these options; Backup Files and folders and Restore my computer. Select ‘Restore my computer’.
  • Select the Factory Image and click ‘Next’.
  • The next window shows 2 options; 'Preserve new or changed files before restoring to selected System Backup' and 'Restore without preserving new or changed files'. Select the second option (Restore without preserving new or changed files) and click Next.
  • A prompt will appear stating 'Your computer is about to be restored. All data currently on your computer will be deleted and replaced with your selected Full System Backup'. If an Emergency File & Folder Backup was created, it will still be saved in the location you selected. Click 'Yes, continue' and click Next.
  • PC restore will initiate. Once done, click Restart.

Worth pointing out to the OP at this juncture that if following this course of action, remember to back-up every file you want to keep otherwise, like Willy McBride, it's lost and gone for ever.

And if theres a virus or some malware on the system, it will still be there after a 'factory reset'.

Should be nothing in the way of malware at all left on the machine. A recovery formats the drive and overwrites everything.

Dunno. Might be left with a renegade imp in the machine somewhere ;):D

Depends on what type of recovery it is. I know that some laptops have a recovery partition, but all it does is delete the info on it and Ghost the image over.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.