Misleading images online - what is the legal situation?

RobS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is there something under UK law to prevent an online seller displaying misleading photographs even if there is small print to state the photograph shows something not included?

I recently bought what I thought was an A2 picture frame from Amazon. A search on Amazon for "A2 frame" showed this item: (unable to link, please search Amazon for B009RBIZ1O)

The item I received was a rolled up poster. On checking Amazon I noticed some small print at the end of the long description. I also noticed other people had left negative reviews because they had also thought they were purchasing a frame. The seller appears to be using an Amazon account to accuse these customers of being stupid. In the meantime they have a much more suitable photograph of a poster they could use as the main image.

While it isn't a huge amount of money it annoys me to see they are aware of the confusion from previous customers and leaving comments on their reviews calling customers stupid. All they need to do is swap the photograph but I suspect they know they wouldn't sell as many £10 posters this way.

I tried contacting Amazon who just put me in touch with the seller for a refund but I actually want them to change the misleading photo.

I recently bought what I thought was an A2 picture frame from Amazon. A search on Amazon for "A2 frame" showed this item: (unable to link, please search Amazon for B009RBIZ1O)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LIFE-MANIFESTO-POSTER-Original-Motivational/dp/B009RBIZ1O

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Its now available in A2 which is ideal for a dorm wall or framing. The Life Manifesto poster is printed on 100% recycled paper too, so you can have a clear conscience! Postage & Packaging We pride ourselves on packaging items well. All posters are packed in unbleached acid free black tissue paper and posted in a brown kraft postal tube with plastic end caps. So it arrives with you in perfect condition! All our posters are printed with a 'return address' on them, so in the unlikely event your poster doesn't reach you, it will be returned to us. **frame not included**
My opinion, others may vary: The description clearly states that frame is not included - The photo is purely for illustration purposes.

Mislead, no. Ripped off for a bit of tat, probably. You do have some degree of protection under the Distance Selling Regulations - I'd suggest pursuing that line rather than misrepresentation if you want a refund.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

something happened to me a couple of weeks ago on ebay. i and a friend were looking at monster hoody and we found one with bikes on the back and the monster logo on the front. that's what it showed in the pictures but when i got it it had nothing on the back i was really angry as it showed something on the back that is why i ordered it. ebay would not refund so we had to order a different one and pay more money. i emailed the seller as i thought he had sent wrong one but he told me none of his have anything on the back so its false advertising :x

I agree with mr p, they have clearly made an effort to say it doesn't come with a frame. It's a poster, you ordered in error, without reading it fully. I've done it myself before, I just took it on the chin.