help - delinking a ex husband nw m out of Iva

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3679 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am trying to clean my credit file up after being in a IVA. I was married when I went into the iVA and we both had separate iva I finished mine however my ex husband defaulted. I have filled in a notice of disassociation and the credit agency is refusing to take him off my credit file. A couple of the debts were joint but was in a separate IVAs We have been divorced 5 years. Help?

Also I note that a ex partner who I had a joint bank account which is now closed is still showing linked , I have filled in a notice of disassociation, however if there is a problem what is the next course of action ?

Kind regards

Hi welcome to CAG,

If the debts are for joint accounts the associations must stay on file, as the CRA has to show an accurate picture of the conduct and liability for the debts. If the details are correct there is no reason for them to be removed.

The agencies cannot change the data supplied by creditors or DCAs without their permission.

All defaulted debt entries are removed on the 6th anniversary of the default date.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hello there,

Do you have a completion certifcate for your IVA? If so your liability for the debts has ceased. This means that you should not have a joint financial connection UNLESS there is something else that is connecting you - like a joint mortgage, for example?

I don't think it is a case of liability it is a matter of recording the history of the account which is in question, just as any defaulted debt remains on file for 6 years paid or not.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I don't think it is a case of liability it is a matter of recording the history of the account which is in question, just as any defaulted debt remains on file for 6 years paid or not.

The OP was talking about a joint financial connection. This is only relevant with current, active agreements. She's looking to disassociate financially.

As far as I am aware after many years of using CRAs from " both sides" an account held jointly cannot be disassociated the CRA record is for the joint account which is treated in the same way as any other defaulted account it remains on the files as a true record of the account the OP was financially linked and that record is correct.

The query isn't about what appears on the credit file as far as historic debt information is concerned - of course that information will stand. The specific point is about disassociation going forward. Remember that the OP's liability for the debts has finsihed due to completion of the IVA. I hope that clarifies things.

I agree that the OP has no liability, but I see the CRAs point of view, that a link exists as a matter of record and the CRA entry is correct, that clarifies things I think.

All will be gone on the 6th anniversary of the defaults.

I've just spoken to Experian to doublecheck, and I'm not going mad, so long as there are no longer any ongoing joint liabilities - it is possible to disassocate.

Any past history will still show on the file - but the link to the other person will no longer play a part.