style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I am asking for a bit of advice.

I am currently on a Debt Management Plan (DMP).

My credit rating is, non-existent.

I needed a car to get to and from work.

I went to Carcraft to get a car on finance.

The staff at Carcraft appeared to be friendly but put obstacles in the way of every car I wanted.

Excuses like, the finance company will not give you finance on that car because of its reliability.

The finance will only allow you to have that car over 3 years, etc etc.

In the end I was ‘directed’ to a VW MK5 golf estate.

This was not my first or second choice but at the end of the day, ‘ beggars cannot be choosers’ as they say.

I took possession of the car and it seemed ok.

However the next day I noticed some damage to the lower front grill and took it back.

Carcraft rejected this saying it was done while in my possession.

I couldn’t prove it wasn’t so I ended up accepting it.

Then I noticed some rust on the rear tailgate.

However Carcraft did put this right.

Over the next few weeks I did notice the gearbox was a little stiff to engage the gears at times.

As this was intermittent I was convinced the Carcraft would find nothing wrong with it.

However 20 months later the engine gave up.

It threw a conrod out of the side of the engine.

The engine was now a lump of scrap.

My local garage stated a repair price of a minimum of £2000.

I cannot afford that.

I have regularly had the car serviced and have even had the cambelt changed in an effort to keep the car in good condition.

I started to do some investigation into the background of the car and found something disturbing.

The car had received no services from 31554 miles to 72638 miles.

That’s 41084 miles without a service before I purchased the car.

In my opinion the damage to the engine started then and manifested itself 20 months after I purchased the car.

The car is a 58 plate so it 6 years old.

The mileage is high at 89900 but it is my understand this well within the life of a diesel engine.

The car is still on finance and I am still paying it.

The past week has been very stressful for both myself and my Wife.:|

I am not very good when it comes to disputes

and making my point and would like some advice about what I can do with the car and carcraft if anything.

we have carcraft onboard here

i'll ask the rep to pop in.

you might also like to alert the finance company too yourself.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Guest Carcraft Customer Service Manager

Sorry to hear about the above, so we can locate your account to enable us in assisting you, could you please PM me your vehicle registration number?Thank youLinzi

Sorry to hear about the above, so we can locate your account to enable us in assisting you, could you please PM me your vehicle registration number?Thank youLinzi

I can't PM you I am getting the following error

You have reached your stored private message quota and cannot send any further messages until space has been created.

I have no private messages in my inbox

sadly you cant pm till 30? posts.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Could you post your reg on here and then remove once i have got it?

Could you post your reg on here and then remove once i have got it?

Thanks Linzi

Reg number as requested xxxxxxxx

I will have to build my posts up, even if I don't usually say a lot.

Edited by snorbitz

Thank you - I can see you purchased from us some time ago, and the only contact customer services have had with you in recent times (back in 2012) was when you cancelled the guarantee you purchased so you only had a 12 month guarantee. However, we will look into this for you and see if there is anything we can do to assist you.

Thank you - I can see you purchased from us some time ago, and the only contact customer services have had with you in recent times (back in 2012) was when you cancelled the guarantee you purchased so you only had a 12 month guarantee. However, we will look into this for you and see if there is anything we can do to assist you.

The guarantee was 'canceled' due to carcraft not taking the payments for it. I requested payment be taken multiple times and carcraft failed to take payment. It got to the point where there was so much outstanding payment on the guarantee the policy was considered lapsed. I sent a letter in regarding this to carcraft. However any suggestions and advice will be gratefully recieved. Thank you for your time and attention on this matter.

Ok, we have looked into this and would like to help in some way, my colleague Megan has left you a VM on your mobile ending in 527 - when you have the opportunity could you please call her on 0800 923 9495 option 6. Otherwise drop me a note on here when you are free for her to call you again. (i'm here until 5pm today and Meg is here until 6pm)ThanksLinzi

Ok, we have looked into this and would like to help in some way, my colleague Megan has left you a VM on your mobile ending in 527 - when you have the opportunity could you please call her on 0800 923 9495 option 6. Otherwise drop me a note on here when you are free for her to call you again. (i'm here until 5pm today and Meg is here until 6pm)ThanksLinzi

Thanks Linzi, I am currently at work and will not have the time to ring until later. I did get the message on my mobile. Thank you for your time.