Misled about job role

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I recently started a new role with a well known insurance company in what was described as an inbound contact centre. I took this job as I've worked in sales before and wanted to avoid the problems of cold calling. I was told all the calls would be incoming calls for people who need quotes.

One week into the role and I have found this to not be the case. The company is paying people to cold call people then transfer them through to the inbound contact centre. Although I am not dialling myself the calls are to all intends and purposes cold calls and I am getting the same abusive customers I got when I did cold calling.

As I turned down other opportunities to take this role I feel I have been misled and wonder what my options are. Can anyone help?

Agreed

• Confused 1

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

s.

One week into the role and I have found this to not be the case. The company is paying people to cold call people then transfer them through to the inbound contact centre. Although I am not dialling myself the calls are to all intends and purposes cold calls and I am getting the same abusive customers I got when I did cold calling.

As I turned down other opportunities to take this role I feel I have been misled and wonder what my options are. Can anyone help?

Sorry but this is still inbound contacts. Whether customers are being cold called it doesn't really matter, unless they didn't want to be transferred, in which case the company is misleading the customers.

Find another job soon.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Agree with all others posters get out - don't be afraid to pick up phone on the jobs you turned down it may not be to late

I started in insurance brokerage couple of weeks back - found it incredibly boring, condesending and surprised for a regulated industry how little and forthcoming the training was - the formal exams would probably have bankrupted me to! LOL!

needless to say I told the boss it wasn't quite as described in the interview and didn't last long after that.., so tread carefully on complaining

Within a week I got another job and better paid, there is hope for you too