Hastings direct repiarer damaged my car £3000 to repair it now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3675 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My car is insured with Hastings Direct. It was damaged in storms at Christmas whilst parked overnight and then bodge repaired on my insurance by Hastings approved repairer RGM Bodyworks of Haverfordwest Pembrokeshire.

The repairs were so bad that Hastings had to send out their own independent engineer form AIA Independant Assesors who agreed with another bodyshop that RGM have caused £3000 worth of damage to my car which has actually written my car off as I only paid £4100 for it a few months ago.

Now Hastings claims dept and the repair agent Fleet Accident Repair Group ( FARG as they like to be known) are doing everything to delay and bully me from getting justice and my car repaired. The bodywork and paintwork is so badly repaired that their engineer states it in his report which I have managed out get out of them. We have a disabled child and our car is now useless to us, we have to depend on friends to get our child to hospital and appointments etc now.

I recommend that you stay well clear of Hastings Direct and their agents FARG as they are totally useless and a rip off. You get treated like you are something they have trod in on the street.

Edited by Conniff

If i were you, i would get a full complaint to their CEO and consider legal action.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

RGM Bodyworks of Haverfordwest repaird my car through my insurer Hastings Direct after storms damaged its paintwork and left some dents in the panels. The repair total cost was £1200.

When I picked the car up I saw the paintwork was rubbish and told them I was not happy. The car has been inspected by an Independent motor assessor appointed by the insurance company and a number of other body shops. The assessor agreed in full that RGM have caused £3000 worth of damage to my car and that they are fully responsible.

My insurance Hastings just keep delaying my car getting repaired because of the cost to its repair shop and its reputation. Now I am fed up as we have a disabled child and our car is now useless. My advice do not use either Hastings or RGM bodyworks of Haverfordwest.

Hi freddyfisherman

There are lots of things you can do to get things moving. We have a Hasting Rep who can look into the matter, hopefully he can get involved. If it doesn't get resolved to your satisfaction you have other options.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/member.php?355258-Hastings-Direct.-Jamie-Wicks.Social-Media-Manager

Hi freddyfisherman, Thank you for posting about your experience. I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the service that has been provided. Can you please contact us directly by email and provide us with your policy details so that this can be followed up for you? [email protected] Many Thanks, Jamie

Thanks Jamie from Hastings Direct

The matter is currently sitting on your own Glyn Meakin's dept heads desk

My car was damaged by your repairer in January. We have a disabled child who needs this car daily and its now almost April. That's not what I call good customer service is it. I will email you on the address you give with claim details etc now.

You need to Jamie of Hastings Direct.

I reserve the right to publish and pass on any material in my possession by whatever media whatsoever including your own engineers report that I have possession of which clearly in plain English states "the repairs are very poor" regarding your own authorized bodyshop bodged repairs to my car. My car is now a write off because of Hastings Direct . Thanks

EXTRACT COPIED AND PASTED DIRECT FROM HASTINGS DIRECT OWN INDEPENDENT ASSESSORS REPORT ON THE REPAIRS;

NATURE OF INCIDENT

The vehicle appears to have suffered light storm damage to the left hand side when fence panels blew over onto the

vehicle.

The vehicle was repaired at R G M Haverfordwest, the repairs are very poor, especially the paint work. The repairs are

poor with shrinkage and ripples. Distortion to the lhr door handle area is evident. Paint is missing from the lhr

wheelarch. Sander scratch marks to the lhr door shut, rough dry edges to the door shuts and roof cant rail, over spray

and poor masking to the lh roof moulding which should have been removed. The paint work is miss matched with

flotation, dry patches and sections not painted. This paint work is of a very poor professional standard.

The policyholder does not want the vehicle to go back the original repairing garage and has obtained an estimate from

XXXXXXXXX Coachworks for renewing the doors, in our opinion the only way to get the vehicle back to its pre-accident

condition and to keep the insured happy is to replace the doors

You don't need to replace the doors.

Worst case scenario they can be stripped and repainted properly for about £500/600 per door.

Any dents and scratch can be fixed after stripping.

In any case they damaged the car and they have to fix it.

How much did they offer to write it off?

Thanks King1234

Unfortunately for Hastings I am an actual ex bodyshop manager with over 30 years in the trade. I am semi retired as we have a disabled child that I look after now. The bodyshop totally bodged my cars repairs and the doors are so bad that they will not fill and economicaly repair to a satisfactory standard. I have the right to refuse skins as my car was body perfect before they destroyed its bodywork and it is not accident damage but their bodged repairs that caused it. Hastings own engineer has agreed that the only way to repair this car is new doors.The rear quarter panel is also very badly repaired as is the font wing and the shrinkage is the worst I have ever seen. But I have found a good garage locally that is capable of doing a decent repair. The paintwork they did is appalling all down one side, on the roof and the bonnet. The car is only worth £4000 and Hastings don't even acknowledge they are liable as they are now arguing between themselves as to who will have to pay up. But they will pay up as I do not ever give up. RGM Bodyworks of Haverfordwest repairs to my car are so bad that I would not let them paint my wheelbarrow let alone a car. :-x

Hastings are entirely responsible for the actions of any contractors they appoint to work on their behalf.

Have a read of this from the Ombudsman which you may find helpful, it would be worth Jamie reading it and feeding it back to his colleagues.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/household-insurance-repairs.html

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/88/88-insurance-claim-disputes.htm

Hi freddyfisherman, Thank you again for the update to this thread. Our team have been attempting to contact you but have so far been unsuccessful, can you please contact me again by email and provide the best telephone number and most convenient time for us to contact you? Many Thanks, Jamie

Thanks dacouc

They will definitely pay with full compensation as well, and I am talking to my solicitor. I reported that the car repairs were rubbish straight away, then after the bodyshop ignored me I made and official complaint to Hastings in February. They still think that I will go away if they ignore me. Never going to happen and the ombudsman is just one way to get justice. They soon snatch your premiums out of your hand each year, but when they mess up its the three brass monkey brigade.

Jamie of Hastings. Your company and you have my full details inc phone numbers and email contacts. You can try to look like you are helping on this forum but the public know exactly how you treat your customers when you mess up and the bill is landing at your door. Hastings customer service is absolutely pathetic as are their cheap back street bodyshop repairers. Cheap insurance quotes are not necessarily the best option.

You can claim up to £10k via small claims, and it doesn't cost much, and it's not complicated to do. I would say to go down that route if they can't sort it out very soon. Claim for loss of earnings as well as the inconvenience for not having your car useable. Wouldn't be surprised if the costs came close to £10k.