Work programme esa support group

tonedogg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3685 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I was originally put in the wrag group of esa, and was sent to a4e last year, after 2 useless induction things, 1 meeting, and a unkept (on their part) phone interview.

I have now been moved into the support group, I was recontacted by a4e by phone where i was told i had a letter sent informing me of this interview, {no letter received}. I told them i was now in support group, and the man said they knew but still had to keep in contact, and would call again in 2 months, for another phone interview, I then recieved a letter stating I had a mandatoryinterview in 2 months with date and time,

My question is,do I still have to keep contact etc with a4e, and can I be mandated to do anything.

any links to official rules etc would be appreciated so if possible I can legally tell them to get lost. stating relevant rules

Thanks in advance

:tonedogg:

Some work programme providers have a very sketchy understanding of the claimant groups, and none whatsoever of the different groups for recipients of employment n support allowance.

Chapter 2 of the official provider guidance from Work n Pensions;

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/work-programme-dwp-provider-guidance

From which you will note that you are a voluntary participant, who can't be mandated to anything. I'd suggest a letter to A4E with copies of the guidance and your notification of reassessment to the support group.

Best wishes, Margaret.

Margaret, I have read most of those guides, but none specifically mention my situation in detail. I am not on the work programme voluntarily, I was forced onto it, but as I said my situation has changed since then., but thanks for the links anyway. or am I misreading something.

Hi tonedogg

If your in the Support Group the likes of A4E should leave you alone period once it's been made clear to them that your in the Support Group. That is the whole point of having two distinct groups. The 'SG' and the 'WRAG'. If you are being harassed and want to complain, we can provide you with details.

I was in a similar situation. I told Prospects that I was in the support group and they asked if I wanted to come in and see them, to which I said no. They then said they'll contact me again in a few months. A quick chat with someone at the job centre finally stopped these calls.

Margaret, I have read most of those guides, but none specifically mention my situation in detail. I am not on the work programme voluntarily, I was forced onto it, but as I said my situation has changed since then., but thanks for the links anyway. or am I misreading something.

Chapter 5 covers change of circumstances - Pare 23 & 24 on page 6 covers the topic of benefit changes. It acknowledges that some claimant will move to a different group and their participation requirements change.

Annex A of Chapter 2 clearly states that ESA Support Group participation is entirely voluntary and mandation can not be used.

Unfortunately, because you entered in to the Work Programme as a mandatory participant, you are tied to A4e for 104 weeks even if you move to the Support Group (sorry). But at least you can not be mandated to partake in any of their worthless activities or attend any appointments.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

:tonedogg:

Unfortunately reassessment to the support group doesn't cancel a referral to the work programme, but as explained by :Mr P: it does change your claimant group to voluntary.

As A4E tend to believe one programme fits all ESA and JSA claimants, you may need to explain the changed participation requirements to them in triplicate. Sooner in writing, rather than later via phone, will give you a paper trail if you have to complain to Jobcentreplus.

Margaret.