• Tweets

• Not sure about the lease read through all the documents i have and couldnt find anything about parking. Contacted the management Office to get a copy sent to me. When i complained to them about the ticket they told me to appeal so they clearly don't care.      and yes it's a gated underground parking area with key fob entry. 
    • The coronavirus pandemic has thrown many countries into recession - but what exactly is it and how could it affect you? View the full article
    • Oh and before bed   Officially leaked statements about a PHE report claiming that a UK study will say there is little evidence of children transmitting Covid.   Leakers stats look impressive until you realise he's on Johnson's SAGE so makes you think - huh - hows that then when all the science I've seen says different, and there are a number of reports of spreads in schools across the world from schools that had opened.   Then, little as the information 'leaked' is, you see   "largest studies in the world on coronavirus in schools" and then "The study was carried out in 100 institutions in the UK and is expected to be published later this year. About 20,000 pupils and teachers in 100 schools across England were tested to monitor the spread of the disease up to the end of the summer term – which runs from April-July in Britain."   Then you click. That averages 200 pupils and staff per 'institution' checked We dont know what these institutions are, but I think over 200 is the average for infants schools. Other schools tend to be FAR larger. Did they test everyone at each institution, or just some ??? we don't know yet - they are choosing not to leak that - Wonder why?   We currently understand that younger children (pre teenage) seem to present few/less symptoms  (statistically) but large increases in teenager covid has been reported as lockdowns ease and they start to meet more.   I know my OH's grandson (mother a nurse) has remained at school in classes one third or less that normal, with the majority of kids having front line worker parents - so well aware of the discipline and hygiene necessary. We know the schools maintain distancing, monitoring and maintenance which would be IMPOSSIBLE in normal class sizes.   So in a lock down situation, with class sizes significantly lower than normal (highly aware front-line workers kids mainly), increased distancing and cleaning made possible by SIGNIFICANTLY smaller class sizes - Has maybe resulted in no great evidence of covid spread perhaps?   Well Whoopy do. Lets ramp the class sizes back up to 30+ and see what happens ..     Lets let the mail lead the way Coronavirus infection rates are rising in ALL age groups under 65, Public Health England data shows with biggest surge in under-fives which 'should be watched very carefully' https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8615423/Coronavirus-infection-rates-rising-age-groups-65-Public-Health-England-data-shows.html     and the ONS stats showing how similar the stats are (a statistically significant  difference can be very little actual difference)   https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19infectionsinthecommunityinengland/july2020     Notes: These statistics refer to infections reported in the community, by which we mean private households. These figures exclude infections reported in hospitals, care homes or other institutional settings.  
    • i understand and agree you should write a formal letter of complaint about the email by royal mail.   i also think you should totally dispute the arrears balance, esp as it goes back so long   send them an sar and add to the text in it that you want statements/bills dating back to the gb energy a/c.
    • When you see the reports coming out that serco was involved from the earliest stages apparently to give expertise   and that resulted in 18 million plus people coming back into the UK untested from hotspots .. and then even the general advice to self isolate after they had travelled across the UK home being withdrawn in the run-up to the lock down   That went well says cummings      
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
renegade1972

morrisons parking eye **WON - PE fail to submit evidence**

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2240 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

HI,i just need some clarification on what step to take next please.

ive read through various posts and the sticky on private land pcn etc,some say ignore, the sticky says do not ignore,

i got a PCN from morrisons parking eye,it arrived today,dated 6 days after the alleged offence,the last time i received a PCN on private land (not morrisons) i never responded at all and eventually they gave up,is this still the way to go now ? any info would be much appreciated

thanks for reading :)

Hi renegade1972, Advice is NOT to ignore.

Sounds like a "number plate capture" via ANPR rather than a ticket on the screen.

Can you advise which is correct please.

F16

hi f16

apologies,i should of been more specific,yes it was a "number plate capture" via ANPR

That had to reach you within 14 days ... So they are "in time".

Was it "pay and display" or "free".

What "offence" have they stated occured ?

its a free for 2 hrs car park,its a charge for exceeding the 2 hrs

Hi

It used to be the advice to ignore but that has gone by the wayside. Nowadays, it is prudent to appeal to PE. They will reject your appeal. You could even try saying your cats pet budgie died and they still would reject you.

The only tried and trusted route is through POPLA so get your appeal into PE and demand a POPLA code. From what i have seen PE have lost nearly every case where the genuine pre-estimate of loss has not been substantiated.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Then write an appeal letter as the registered keeper (do not ID the driver).

They will reject the appeal..... Then they HAVE to issue a POPLA no. Which gives you a second appeal chance, and cost them roughly £30.00.

You will win at POPLA appeal on GPEOL

How can there be "A loss" if it's "Free" ?

F16

Then write an appeal letter as the registered keeper (do not ID the driver).

They will reject the appeal..... Then they HAVE to issue a POPLA no. Which gives you a second appeal chance, and cost them roughly £30.00.

You will win at POPLA appeal on GPEOL

How can there be "A loss" if it's "Free" ?

F16

ok,

i need to get on this quick as im away working for a week,,is there a template for the PE appeal or should i just pen up a letter appealing on the basis of no loss incurred ? whats GPEOL ?

GPEOL = Genuine Pre Estimate Of Loss

In the sticky's at the top of the main page of this forum are some hints and tips to help with your appeal

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

im not sure where im going wrong,but ive looked at all the stickys and cant find any hints and tips for my appeal letter to PE

could somebody link me to a good informative post on the PE appeal letter please

any info much appreciated

R 1972. You could say that you understand from the"driver" that He /She

a/ Miss read the signs

b/ Vehicle would not start causing delay

c/ There were massive queues at the checkouts. (depends how long the "overstay " was )

As long as the "appeal" sounds reasonable ...... (Joke part ) Avoid saying...

1/ Earthquake

2/ Tidal wave

3/ Riots

You will be fine. Ask for a POPLA code. Keep a copy. Get proof of postage.

Enjoy Sunday

Appeal it to Dalton Phillips. The majority of morrisons car parks are free and as stated, they cannot justify a parking charge on their land. PE try and say they can, but they cant. If you really want to mess with them, just inform the council as any land that is being used as a paid carpark should incur business rates :)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

R 1972. Read Kelly11 Athena "Success" thread Post #10

There is "Your appeal" letter

R 1972. Read Kelly11 Athena "Success" thread Post #10

There is "Your appeal" letter

Excellent stuff,thanks for that,one last question,i noticed that parking eye have an online appeals service,is it ok to fill out the relevant appeal form online rather than sending a letter ?

R 1972, I would post it. I've read threads on here that did it "On line" and the appeal went "Missing"... Ho HO Ho

Yeah Right.

You should be able to "Paste and copy"# 10 on that thread.

F16

Edit #45 was the appeal sent. (Not that it will make much difference)

Do not forget to get on to morrisons over this

Let them know about there agents

Ask them do they want you to shop elsewhere

There should always be pressure put on the retailers as the only way to rid the vermin of private parking

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Do not forget to get on to morrisons over this

Let them know about there agents

Ask them do they want you to shop elsewhere

There should always be pressure put on the retailers as the only way to rid the vermin of private parking

ask morrisons if they want you to add your spending to their £17,000,000 loss this year.

170+ million. But thats because theyre trying to play catch up too quick with the bigger retailers.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

ok thanks everyone,im armed with all the info i need and will send the letter off tomorrow,i will report back with all correspondence as soon as i hear anything,once again thanks for all your help

adios

170+ million. But thats because theyre trying to play catch up too quick with the bigger retailers.
well spotted ,bloody keyboard missed the 0 off,cheers mate

IMO they made a huge mistake of letting Richard Pennycook leave. He pretty much turned morrisons around after they bought safeway and screwed the company up. Now they know theyre lagging behind other supermarkets, theyre trying to play catch up way too fast and it's come back to hit them hard. I have no doubt they'll get back on track, but they wont do it without first getting rid of their CEO (who seems to spend more time doing PR than any real work) and getting someone as good as pennycook in.

Most Morrisons have 3 hours parking so there is a good chance that the store has planning permission with 3 hrs parking so that would defeat PE's claim a by supremacy of contract. Ask the council whether there are permitted restrictions on parking time. My local Morrisons has the usual signs but the council gave them an absolute rocketing when they tried ticketing people as the PP said free parking all day.

Most morrisons are actually unlimited parking. You can park there from open to close if you wish. its only in very built up areas they have monitors. They even have a new thing going now where you can pay them for a guaranteed parking spot for a set number of days. Basically you can park there, then go off somewhere, although i wouldnt recommend it unless youre parking where the night shift parks.

renegadeimp, Thanks for the "Heads up" on that... Got it sussed now

OP Has first appeal letter and advice on post#25

Regards F16

Morning guys, I an going to close this temporarily to edit and remove the non relevant posts. I apologise to those who's posts get 'done'

This thread is to help, not to pass any judgement on the OP.

If you wish to discuss the 'morals' of parking breaches, you know which forum to post in.