Credit Card for those with a low rateing

DeRichleau
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3679 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i'm more of the opinion these cards are a myth TBH.

its better to get your rating up by others means

having a running account, I suspect has little benefit.

whys you rating bad?

lots of defaults?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

And a lot of those cards will perform a credit search on your file, making your file worse, then declining your application. Been there, done it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Options include: aqua Classic, Barclaycard Initial, Capitol One Classic, Vanquis

You could also try your own bank.

Any card promoted as suitable for someone in your position will have rip-off interest rates. I promise you will be worse off if you get one.

Well if you only spend what you can afford and pay off your statement in full every month then you will never pay any interest.

You also build up a solid history of repayments and being able to successfully managing credit.

i'm more of the opinion these cards are a myth TBH.

its better to get your rating up by others means

having a running account, I suspect has little benefit.

whys you rating bad?

lots of defaults?

dx

Subprime cards can let you build up a solid history of repayments and successfully managing credit. And this is one of the things prime lenders will look for.

Although, as you say, if the OP has lots of defaults then this history of repayments may well be irrelevant.

And a lot of those cards will perform a credit search on your file, making your file worse, then declining your application. Been there, done it.

Credit searches don't have a significant effect on anything EXCEPT when there are lots of searches within a small timeframe.

(Yet the Site Team blocks my ability to edit my own posts, blocks my ability to send private messages and see it fit to freely delete & modify my posts)

Yes, because all you harp on about time after time is 'you shouldn't do this or you shouldn't do that or you should have saved up and the banks are wonderful institutions'.

I can't remember one of your posts offering assistance to someone in trouble.

Our subscribers come here because banks or other finance houses show no mercy when they lose their job or fall on other hardships but either take advantage of them or sell the debt onto a debt collecting company.

I think you need to read around the forums more.

I can see a degree of arrogance from our Bank lover above.

I just need 1k in a hurry, due to the death of my landlord and enforced house moving due to his death duties etc. I'm not in love with credit cards but it seemed to be the first thought that occurred. thanks for your help, if you have any other thoughts my mind is wide open, unlike our friend with the big opinion of himself as we can see.

Cagbmn.. please will you P.... off out of my thread and allow me to talk to the site team and others in peace. This site and its help has saved my life almost literally in the past I don't need to hear from anyone who thinks they know better than everybody else.

Site team may I request that you remove any further replies from Cagbmn on this thread.

I think you'd toil to get a £1,000 limit with defaults on your file.

Cap 1 started me of with a £200 limit and Barclaycard £400.

This was with no defaults but a bad credit file.

Not sure if taking both to court and reclaiming all charges from both had anything to do with the low limits.

Both cards I've had for about 9 months, paid off every month so paid no interest though I've paid a few cash advance fee's.

Cap 1 have just said they will increase my limit to

£450 this month, just waiting on Barclaycard doing similar

though not heard from them yet.

Sorry, just noticed you never mentioned having any defaults.

Without a doubt, if the cards are carefully managed over a period of time your credit score does improve.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I'd stay away from vanquis. Theyre actually worse than Cap one. If you find a card that accepts ya, let me know :p I've watched my credit very carefully for the past 3 1/2 years and still cant get an upgrade to my old cc with a 250 limit on it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

If you really need this loan, it certainly would be worth asking your bank or even other banks for a loan, The problem with asking lost of lenders is the search on your credit file. I don't see why these are recorded, surely it's no one elses business.

If you are accepted for a loan, be prepared for higher than normal interest.

Hi De Richleau

Get a card where you have to load the cash up in advance, a pre-paid card.

I think the op needs some money at the rush so not really after the convenience of a spending card.

If I remember correctly if you put your requirements into noddle it will do a soft search and show your chances out of 10 of obtaining credit on certain cards

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Except it isnt accurate at all theoldrogue. I tried it myself. it said i had 9/10 chance on 6 cards. None of them allowed me ( good job the CC's actually did a soft search and not a full one)