A S Parking (Athens Security Services Ltd) Perranporth Parking Charge Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear forum community,

I've parked my car on Sat 1/3 at Perranporth (Cornwall) car park.

This car park is operated during the summer season by the man collecting the money at the entrance.

During the the rest of the year it was always free for the last 8 years (2006 I've moved to Cornwall).

So acting on experience and being surprised by the very nice weather after a while I parked my car and left for the beach walk.

When I came back I've found Parking Charge Notice on my window.

I looked around and yes there were couple of Pay&Display machines and notices I didn't see, because I wasn't expecting them.

Ok, my mistake I said, but the the real shock came when I've seen the amount they've been asking to pay £100 reduced to £60 if you pay within 14 days

+ All card and online payments are subject to an additional £3.00 administration charge. £103 for what??? :-x

I wrote to them,

providing all my details (probably mistake) and explained the situation that I was acting with no malice or prejudice

and offered £25 (10X parking fee) as a retrospective honesty payment

and I sent the money. on 10/3

they declined my appeal and refunded me,

but as a GESTURE OF GOOD WILL

they placed this "PARKING CHARGE" on hold for 14 days to submit additional evidence.

There's no additional evidence. I've made an honest mistake and was willing to compensate, but £63 resp. £103 and after 28 days £150 plus court costs is an awful lot!

What can I do?

they didn't provide any verification number for appeal at POPLA.

Should I pay £63 or is there anything else I can do?

Please help!

Edited by Pes

Hi Pes and welcome to CAG. Shame you contacted them,but "Whats done is done".

They should have sent a POPLA no. but they haven't so they are not compling to the BPA code of practice which "may" assist you.

At some point you will need to demand a POPLA no. from them and then an appeal will be formed

Wait for one of the "Legal Crew". All is not lost

F16

Hi and welcome to CAG

A S Parking are a Cornwall based private parking company and patrol private car parks so, unless this is a council car park (highly unlikely) they have no right to your hard earned cash.

With this type of company it matters not what type of appeal you make, they will reject you (standard practice)

You have already identified yourself as the driver but all is not lost. Appeal and demand a POPLA code. they are members of BPA and as such subscribe to the appeals group. Once you appeal on the grounds of Genuine Pre Estimate of Loss (GPEOL) , POPLA are very likely to uphold the appeal.

Even if you lost the appeal, A S would have to take court action against you and mots companies are very reluctant to do so.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Just found this little gem on their website

Our revenue comes from the enforcement action we take on motorists who either fail to pay for their parking or park in breach of the site specific terms & conditions of use.

As I see it, that is admission that the charges cannot be a loss as the money is used to keep the company going.

• Haha 1

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

What makes you think they use the legal model PEOL?

Hi,

Not sure what you are asking here? There is nothing 'legal' about there charges as this is a civil matter.

Hi Pes The reason I asked about dates is because The Parking Co. have 28 days from the date of their letter to issue a POPLA code.

If You read a thread by "alanminyum" (It's on page 2) That poster was advised to not chase the Parking co.because the 28 days will pass and if no code is issued. "Game Over".

The other option is for you to contact them and demand your POPLA code.

For the moment wait and see what the "Legal Guys" advise.

The usual advice is chase them for the POPLA code as it costs them money when you appeal and the appeal is binding upon them. Their demand for £3 for paying by card is unlawful so you can hit them with that stick afterwards if you wish.

It is a moot point as to whether you letter was constructed as an appeal, it seems not so write back and tell them you arent taking up their offer and want to appeal on the grounds of a lack of contract and if they disagree then you want a POPLA ref code. Leave it as vague as the one line because you are going to hit them later with more.

Write back and head your letter APPEAL.

Simply state that you are appealing this charge as you are not liable for it.

Cancel it or provide a valid code for the independent appeals sevice POPLA.

I've stated my email clearly as appeal in the subject and wrote to their appeals email address ([email protected]). Should I write again and ask for POPLA code or wait for 28 days as I've been advised above. Thank you all very much for help.

BTW since then they've changed the appeal process to an online form, where you must fill all your personal data including phone number in order to be able to submit an appeal.

Pes If I was You ..I would post a "Hard copy" Send it proof of posting.

I've read posts on here where the Parking co. deny getting the Email.

"Belt and braces"

Yes ask for a POPLA code if they do not accept this appeal

I've asked for a POPLA code and they replied - POPLA code will be provided should we formally reject your appeal. You will hear from us. I'm confused, haven't they already done so when they wrote to me that after they've reviewed the evidence, they concluded that the notice was issued correctly? So I have no code and another week is gone.

I've asked for a POPLA code and they replied - POPLA code will be provided should we formally reject your appeal. You will hear from us. I'm confused, haven't they already done so when they wrote to me that after they've reviewed the evidence, they concluded that the notice was issued correctly? So I have no code and another week is gone.

So if it is not cancelled, and you eventually get a code, check it here; http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/popla-code-checker/

I have a feeling it will be close to, or even out of time.....

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

he didn't ignore the NTK

have you had the NTK yet?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

noting await the NTK

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...