Orange pay as you go top up problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Earlier in the week, I had top-up system problems with an Orange PAYG 'phone and again today with another Orange PAYG 'phone.

In both cases, I received a text telling me to reply to top-up, as my credit was low. On replying, I then received further texts telling me that my credit card company had declined to make the payment and I was asked to call 450 to find out more...' The earlier time, I attempted to pay a second time and received the same 'declined' message. However, when I contacted my credit card company (at my expense!), I was told that the payments had been collected and they gave me the authorisation code numbers.

On calling 450, I was billed 25pence each time for trying to sort out an Orange/EE inter-system transfer problem.

Why do Orange/EE continue to send a series of incorrect texts when they know that their systems are 'broken'? Why do you tell customers to 'reply to top-up' , when you know that doesn't work, and then to 'call 450' to be charged to talk to you about your system failures?

Today, when I called to report the problem, not only did I get charged the 25 pence, but I got an appalling line collection. When I asked the Orange/EE agent to call me back (from India?), I again had this same bad line connection, with super-imposed calls.

Your score for providing customer-focussed service is 0 out of 10 with this kind of 'couldn't care' attitude

Hi and welcome to CAG

I have moved your post to a thread of its own so that you don't get missed. This is administrative and no action is needed on your part.

The experiences you have noted are nothing we haven't seen before. Unfortunately, outsourcing customer services does lead to poor service.

The only thing I could recommend is that you file a formal complaint, in writing and see what (if anything) comes of it

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE