No response from employer about my formal grievence, options?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3682 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi peeps,

I put in writting a formal grievence to my employer and gave them 14 days to respond, (this is after they had 3 months to respond informally to a enquiry) and basically I keep getting told it's been shown to this person then that person but nobody has got back to me. I've been told a manager intends to arrange a meeting with me but they haven't as yet contacted me, 5 days after my deadline. Do these notifications of who it's been passed to count as a response? What are my options now please?

Many Thanks

depends what it's about really. arguments over tea breaks, suck it up, being physically hit, police...

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Lol, no it's a proper grievence :) they are short changing me in mileage payments. I've shown them my calculations and totals based on their accepted terms and they wont get back to me with any kind of answer, not even a"no your wrong because this is how its worked out" or anything.

Depends on your relationship with them, how litigious you are... I mean, none of us can *make* them reply.

Small claims court?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

One method i used often with foot dragging employers is to write in stating that "their failure to reply" is deemed a failure to agree and therefore you wish to escalate the grievance to the next stage, it often got them into gear as they wouldn't like having to explain if it went to the next stage why you were ignored but they could still ignore it, either way it is a fair response from you and something that adds to them not dealing with the issue in an appropriate time-scale.

It is also a method i used with semi decent employers, shysters and co would simply bin it i'd expect leaving you to explore a contractual breach claim