Jmulv

Post work programme support - Your experiences?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1601 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

just wanted to ask u if this is breaking data protection but got a phone call from a company and they said there is a job going and where asking me a few questions if i was employed or not i told them no i dont work and he said so u sign on then yeh? i said yeh and he was saying there a job for 12 hours going i am looking for 16 tho and he was like thats fine and then it sounded like the words he said was i will let the job centre know not sure if it was in them words but he did say job centre and i was like what? i said u cant tell the job centre as they never gave me the job and i am not letting u give them information when i only sent my cv to your store so even if u have offered a job it should not matter they have no right to contact the job centre am a correct?

Not quite sure I follow this, mate. Did the guy just call you out of the blue? Or did he say he got your details from the Jobcentre? And when you declined the job, he said he would let the Jobcentre know?

It does sound like someone might have been in breach of the DPA, but we'd need more information to be sure. If you weren't matched to the vacancy by JCP, then the company should not be passing on details of your interactions with them to JCP.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Not quite sure I follow this, mate. Did the guy just call you out of the blue? Or did he say he got your details from the Jobcentre? And when you declined the job, he said he would let the Jobcentre know?

It does sound like someone might have been in breach of the DPA, but we'd need more information to be sure. If you weren't matched to the vacancy by JCP, then the company should not be passing on details of your interactions with them to JCP.

i sent my cv to companys as i had to when at ingeus and i sent these ones few weeks back and got a call today to say come in on friday for interview instead of asking would u like to be put foward for interview on friday and then i asked him a few times many hours and it took a good few mins before he mention 12 hours and i said i was looking for 16 and he said that is fine and then but before it he was asking about if i was in work or that but i wasnt and he said u sign on? i said yeh and it was not the clearest of chat but it did honestly sound like let the job centre know could be wrong but i am gonna keep an eye on this one because i only sent a cv so there was not any jobs going in till today and i have not mention anything at all to the job centre so am not sure how if he did try to let the job centre know how they could do anything as it would break DPA.

http://www.reedinpartnership.co.uk/about-us

anyone else had dealings with them

Yes i went on a 2 day course with reed 10am to 3pm was pointless just told u what is expected when u go for interview etc and draft u a new cv which is the one i use now as its a really good cv to be fair

TJR JNR

i sent my cv to companys as i had to when at ingeus and i sent these ones few weeks back and got a call today to say come in on friday for interview instead of asking would u like to be put foward for interview on friday and then i asked him a few times many hours and it took a good few mins before he mention 12 hours and i said i was looking for 16 and he said that is fine and then but before it he was asking about if i was in work or that but i wasnt and he said u sign on? i said yeh and it was not the clearest of chat but it did honestly sound like let the job centre know could be wrong but i am gonna keep an eye on this one because i only sent a cv so there was not any jobs going in till today and i have not mention anything at all to the job centre so am not sure how if he did try to let the job centre know how they could do anything as it would break DPA.

Right, so you sent your CV on spec while you were at Ingeus, but it wasn't something that Ingeus or the JCP required you to do specifically. You just happened to be at Ingeus when you sent the CV. In response, the employer contacted you to invite you to interview for a 12 hour per week position, but that's of no use to you since you need 16 or more hours per week. The employer may then have suggested he'd let the Jobcentre know that you declined the offer. Is my understanding correct?

If that's all correct, then I'd say the employer would be in breach of DPA if he informed the JC of what you said. In any case, as things stand you can't be required to apply for work that's less than 16 hours per week, nor sanctioned for turning it down.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Right, so you sent your CV on spec [...]. In response, the employer contacted you to invite you to interview for a 12 hour per week position, but that's of no use to you since you need 16 or more hours per week.

Depending on how these 12 hours are spread out - e.g. two shifts of six hours, or a single 12 hour shift - it could be worth doing on the basis that it leads to more hours and/or better pay. If the OP took the job, he'd still get HB/CTR from the council so if the pay is around the £72 mark, perhaps worth taking just to get away from Ingeus.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Right, so you sent your CV on spec while you were at Ingeus, but it wasn't something that Ingeus or the JCP required you to do specifically. You just happened to be at Ingeus when you sent the CV. In response, the employer contacted you to invite you to interview for a 12 hour per week position, but that's of no use to you since you need 16 or more hours per week. The employer may then have suggested he'd let the Jobcentre know that you declined the offer. Is my understanding correct?

If that's all correct, then I'd say the employer would be in breach of DPA if he informed the JC of what you said. In any case, as things stand you can't be required to apply for work that's less than 16 hours per week, nor sanctioned for turning it down.

Ye this is correct and yeh am going to keep an eye on this one a have my adviser tomorrow for first time since finished the WP so see if she says anything if she does al be sure to tell them it' breaks DPA.

Depending on how these 12 hours are spread out - e.g. two shifts of six hours, or a single 12 hour shift - it could be worth doing on the basis that it leads to more hours and/or better pay. If the OP took the job, he'd still get HB/CTR from the council so if the pay is around the £72 mark, perhaps worth taking just to get away from Ingeus.

Yeh but he could not say for sure I would get more than 12hours as he only needed a person for 12hours for 6days out of 7 and I have finished Ingeus.

Has anyone put been forward for this help to work scheme yet? I have my adviser appointment for the first time since I finished the WP and was wondering if anyone had more info on the help to work scheme yet.

Has anyone put been forward for this help to work scheme yet? I have my adviser appointment for the first time since I finished the WP and was wondering if anyone had more info on the help to work scheme yet.
yes

TJR JNR

after the work program i had my jobsearch increased from 10 jobs per week to at least 20 per week and had to go to jobcentre once a week for 6 weeks then after that i got told i had 4 weeks to find my own voluntary work placement or they would put me on a mandatory work scheme which could be anythin frm working in a Garbage Recycling Plant, bag packing in tesco or Litter Picking and General up keep at a public place or building including things like cleaning benches/shelters and removal of Graffiti

TJR JNR

after the work program i had my jobsearch increased from 10 jobs per week to at least 20 per week and had to go to jobcentre once a week for 6 weeks then after that i got told i had 4 weeks to find my own voluntary work placement or they would put me on a mandatory work scheme which could be anythin frm working in a Garbage Recycling Plant, bag packing in tesco or Litter Picking and General up keep at a public place or building including things like cleaning benches/shelters and removal of Graffiti

u had to put down 10 jobs a week now 20?! i only have to do 3 at the moment and that has not changed for the past few years it might tomorrow but i have had a few jcp adviser and have never changed my many jobs i apply for a week.

i wonder what they will say to me i always seem to get the moody advisers lol.

i have not heard anything from round about here and near my local job centre about this help to work scheme.

many weeks u got left now before they move u on to a mandatory work scheme? or u found your own voluntary job?

So you had 4 weeks to find something or be held in the same regards as a convicted criminal? Nice legislation we have in this sickening country

Ye this is correct and yeh am going to keep an eye on this one a have my adviser tomorrow for first time since finished the WP so see if she says anything if she does al be sure to tell them it' breaks DPA.

Bear in mind that in this situation, it would be the employer (and not the Jobcentre) that had breached DPA regulations.

So you had 4 weeks to find something or be held in the same regards as a convicted criminal? Nice legislation we have in this sickening country

My wife works for a voluntary sector organisation here in Scotland, and has recently encountered her first "frogmarched there by the DWP" candidate. She has signed her organisation up to the KVV project.

Of course, she's happy to accept unemployed people as volunteers, but not if they're only showing up because the alternative is starvation.

My wife works for a voluntary sector organisation here in Scotland, and has recently encountered her first "frogmarched there by the DWP" candidate. She has signed her organisation up to the KVV project.

Of course, she's happy to accept unemployed people as volunteers, but not if they're only showing up because the alternative is starvation.

As it should be. I do 2 voluntary roles but through MY CHOICE not a directive. When will it all end?

Bear in mind that in this situation, it would be the employer (and not the Jobcentre) that had breached DPA regulations.

ye sorry got mixed up.

i hardly doubt they would contact the job centre as they have no proof that i said they could tell them plus job centre have no rights to even take info from a company that there client applied for themselves and not from a job centre order ye.

As it should be. I do 2 voluntary roles but through MY CHOICE not a directive. When will it all end?

Well, quite. One of the things she strongly objects to is the idea of sending things like attendance reports to the DWP. Her organisation is not interested in policing these workfare schemes, and it would poison their reputation if they did so. If an unemployed person wishes to help out, they're more than welcome, but it must be truly voluntary.

ye sorry got mixed up.

i hardly doubt they would contact the job centre as they have no proof that i said they could tell them plus job centre have no rights to even take info from a company that there client applied for themselves and not from a job centre order ye.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if they actually do contact the Jobcentre. Plus, what kind of employer are they, where they have to threaten you to get you to consider working for them? :roll:

I had 3 weeks to find my voluntary work left but here in Wirral we have bout 4 very small jobcentres and one Massive one in Birkenhead Town centre which has four floors and everybody frm the smaller local jcp offices that finish work program all got sent to the big jobcentre in Birkenhead for Post work program support as all the staff on the top floor are trained to only deal with people who are long term unemployed but last month the local government have pushed us forward to become part of universal credit which is post code based and so what i got told is the advisors from the main jobcentre in town who deal with post work program are being split up and sending one or two out to each small local jcp office so im now going back to signin on at my local jcp in our village so things might change if i hav a new advisor or the one i had in town could get sent here by coinsidence in which case my situation wont change but either way if you finish the Work Programme your better off finding your own voluntary work that you dont mind doing before they send u on a madatory work scheme where u cant choose what it is u do

TJR JNR

I had 3 weeks to find my voluntary work left but here in Wirral we have bout 4 very small jobcentres and one Massive one in Birkenhead Town centre which has four floors and everybody frm the smaller local jcp offices that finish work program all got sent to the big jobcentre in Birkenhead for Post work program support as all the staff on the top floor are trained to only deal with people who are long term unemployed but last month the local government have pushed us forward to become part of universal credit which is post code based and so what i got told is the advisors from the main jobcentre in town who deal with post work program are being split up and sending one or two out to each small local jcp office so im now going back to signin on at my local jcp in our village so things might change if i hav a new advisor or the one i had in town could get sent here by coinsidence in which case my situation wont change but either way if you finish the Work Programme your better off finding your own voluntary work that you dont mind doing before they send u on a madatory work scheme where u cant choose what it is u do

aww i see u still looking for work?

ye a know they will put u on one of there work schemes but i think they should give u a list and let u choose something that might help u instead of me wanting into retail or IT and then getting put in to a place where to cook or something that has nothing to do with the work i want to work in.

am sure if these job centre advisers where in your shoes they would not be wanting put into a work scheme that they are not wanting to be in or comfortable.

me and a few others where chatting about the sanctions we have had and we were thinking why do the job centre not have like a text or email or give them alert on there UJM to say they have an appointment a day before they have to come in like ingeus have in plan where they send u a text alert to tell u about your appointment.

as the people i was speaking to say they had been sanction for been a minute late or they were on time but the job centre told them they were late.

what do yous think do u think they should have a alert system in charge to let people know there appointments a day before.

me and a few others where chatting about the sanctions we have had and we were thinking why do the job centre not have like a text or email or give them alert on there UJM to say they have an appointment a day before they have to come in like ingeus have in plan where they send u a text alert to tell u about your appointment.

as the people i was speaking to say they had been sanction for been a minute late or they were on time but the job centre told them they were late.

what do yous think do u think they should have a alert system in charge to let people know there appointments a day before.

If u google "Do - it " website you should be able to find a website that has a list of your local charities lookin for volunteer's

TJR JNR

I had 4 weeks to find my own voluntary work placement or they would put me on a mandatory work scheme which could be anything from working in a Garbage Recycling Plant, bag packing in tesco [...]

If you get "offered" one of these positions, ask them how it meets the criteria of "for the benefit of the community".

Packing bags at Tesco or sorting through household waste displaces paid workers. It is quite possible, under these circumstances, that you would be entitled to NMW.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

If u google "Do - it " website you should be able to find a website that has a list of your local charities lookin for volunteer's

ye i do have a look on these websites that offer these voluntary jobs.

are u still looking for voluntary jobs? or u almost on to the forced to work scheme the jcp are offering

If you get "offered" one of these positions, ask them how it meets the criteria of "for the benefit of the community".

Packing bags at Tesco or sorting through household waste displaces paid workers. It is quite possible, under these circumstances, that you would be entitled to NMW.

a was thinking "for the benefit of the community" but how is packing bags at tesco a benefit of the community outside would be but i really dont see how in a massive store packing bags is a the benefit of the community". people might think it is but to me it is not.