Jmulv

Post work programme support - Your experiences?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1604 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I don't think there's a direct English/Welsh/NI equivalent of the ILA - it was set up by the Scottish Government several years ago. Education funding in Scotland is dealt with by Holyrood, not London.

When I was claiming it was 16 hours per week max that you could do, but I think the rules are more complex now and I don't know exactly what they are. In general, if the organisation offering the course says it is "full time" study then you couldn't claim JSA. But if it's "part time" then you quite possibly can claim JSA while you study as long as you still sign on, look for jobs, and do whatever else the Jobcentre expects you to do.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I don't think there's a direct English/Welsh/NI equivalent of the ILA - it was set up by the Scottish Government several years ago. Education funding in Scotland is dealt with by Holyrood, not London.

When I was claiming it was 16 hours per week max that you could do, but I think the rules are more complex now and I don't know exactly what they are. In general, if the organisation offering the course says it is "full time" study then you couldn't claim JSA. But if it's "part time" then you quite possibly can claim JSA while you study as long as you still sign on, look for jobs, and do whatever else the Jobcentre expects you to do.

aww i see i was not sure if us had any things like ila in scotland .

i guess if u go to a course that is not in a college that ila have funded do u get any money from the place u go to? if u have to sign off if the course is "full time"?

aww i see i was not sure if us had any things like ila in scotland .

i guess if u go to a course that is not in a college that ila have funded do u get any money from the place u go to? if u have to sign off if the course is "full time"?

In most cases, you can't claim JSA (or other such benefits like ESA) if you are a full time student. There might be a few exceptions if you are disabled or have young children, I can't recall.

My course was three hours per day, three days a week for a total of nine hours per week and my JSA adviser said that was OK and I got full JSA. But that was years ago now - the rules may well have changed. Normally, ILA just pays your tuition fees, there's no extra money you can receive yourself.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

yeh i have said this to my adviser i dont want to work for the same or less than my benefit as i dont see why when u could sign on and get the same cash for not working.

yeh my parents have told me if they could pay the same amount the job centre pay u then i would not let u sign on but they cant as they have things to pay and dont even have another to keep there selfs happy when they have payed bills etc

am sure the jcp wp dwp etc could come up with things to help the unemployed not stress them out by coming out in the news every week with a new thing scheme to force us to work or get sanctions we sign on to get help into work as they say but now it is if u sign on you do force labour thats what they are now!

Their attitude based on experience is it's better to be working even if it's only a few hours and even if it's not in the chosen areas of work you seek

Plus one PWP thinks the schemes are excellent and it's the Jobseeker's fault for being unemployed and the jobseeker whom didn't take advantage. Plus they are trying to tell Jobseeker's what to spend their money on

I know a manager who got treated like she wasn't interested I working so that may be a typical attitude in the local sanction centre

Just got a p60 form letter about tax and the amount is this just how much I got past year and what was taxed ?

Just got a p60 form letter about tax and the amount is this just how much I got past year and what was taxed ?

Yes. Standard form for you to keep. Nothing to worry about.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

had my weekly signing today and the job center was full of us. cant see this working if we have to sign on daily .

downstairs they had a sign anyone here for the marks and spencers interviews so after me being 1 of over 30 people that had a group interview over a month ago they now want to get more people in to do the 6 weeks non paid training lol

Well of course they do, it is training but in fact it isn't - there are NO JOBS at the end of it, it is to fool people in to thinking there is but at the same time getting them to workfor nothing for a large company so they have stuff done before the summer season and they can sack paid staff and get the work done for nothing. Non paid training LOL! i HAVE HEARD IT ALL NOW!!!! It is not training, it is MWA!

thats what i thought. when i went to the group interview they had us sitting round 6 tables and it took 2 hours and they said they had another group before us.

so glad i did not get through that stage because then 6 weeks full hours working with no pay only to get an interview is taking the pee.

also at the jobcenter they are training floor walkers to sign people on now lol

Well of course they do, it is training but in fact it isn't - there are NO JOBS at the end of it, it is to fool people in to thinking there is but at the same time getting them to workfor nothing for a large company so they have stuff done before the summer season and they can sack paid staff and get the work done for nothing. Non paid training LOL! i HAVE HEARD IT ALL NOW!!!! It is not training, it is MWA!

Have to agree, more or less, although I'm not sure it's a deliberate plan to get rid of paid staff - I think it's more opportunistic than anything else. But yeah, unpaid training? In the vague hope that there might, possibly, be a job at the end of it? The absurdity is burning me, I tell you.

thats what i thought. when i went to the group interview they had us sitting round 6 tables and it took 2 hours and they said they had another group before us.

so glad i did not get through that stage because then 6 weeks full hours working with no pay only to get an interview is taking the pee.

training floor walkers to sign people on? i have heard it all now lol!

training floor walkers to sign people on? i have heard it all now lol!

The floor walkers at the Jobcentre are usually managers, so the idea isn't absurd on its face. After all, it's not like they'll be allowed to employ any new staff to cope with this upsurge in signing.

antone - sorry for the change of subject so please delete after, curious to know what the small green badge things under our names are - I seem to have been promoted!

Just like Wetherspoons - when they're really busy they send a girl around with an hand-held ordering device and a bumbag full of money and change. She'll take your order and you can just pay her.

If my JC starts this I'll sign on and order cod and chips.. :)

antone - sorry for the change of subject so please delete after, curious to know what the small green badge things under our names are - I seem to have been promoted!

The little "green badges" reflect your forum reputation. It means that other posters have liked what you have said. You can see who repped you and any comments they made by looking at your User CP, top right on any CAG page.

To give "rep points" to another poster, click on the black star icon under their post. Unless you really want me to, I won't delete this (even though it's off topic) as it could be useful to other posters.

• Confused 1

I thought those green bars were for prizes??.. 2 bars gets you a toaster, 5 bars for a DAB radio, etc. Mr P almost has enough for the combined microwave/oven.

Myself, I was aiming for the hi-fi system (10 bars). Another dream dashed.

Hold on, I have earnt something (a green badge) Better contact the DWP and declare it. P.S just helped out my elderly neighbour with a bit of gardening, said he would be offended if I never took some money so £10 for an hours work which pays for a takeaway later - am I allowed though as jobseekers are not allowed to live - maybe I should decalre the £10 as well!

this is bloody crazy. i got a call from reid employment agency at 15 40 and im told im due to start a 2 day course on monday.

i told her this is news to me. nobody told me at the jobcenter yesterday when i sign on.

she said a letter was sent out on monday. i said but monday was bank holiday. anyway i not received the letter.

she said she hopes i attend so i dont get into trouble with my advisor.

she said she will text the postcode of the place i have to be but i not even got that text.

so unless the lettter comes tomorrow then i have no idea where to be on monday morning at 9 30am.

the course is 9 30 untill 2 30 so ill go seeing as its just 2 days but how the hell can i find out where i got to be.

she did tell me the name of the place on the phone but i already forgotten where it is.

im also told ill get my car park tickets paid back in tesco vouchers and the goverment have paid for m e to go on this course

this is bloody crazy. i got a call from reid employment agency at 15 40 and im told im due to start a 2 day course on monday.[...]she said a letter was sent out on monday. i said but monday was bank holiday. anyway i not received the letter.

im also told ill get my car park tickets paid back in tesco vouchers and the goverment have paid for m e to go on this course

The letter might have been posted on the 5th, but there wouldn't have been any postal collections on that day. If it had been posted, second class mail would take three to seven working days to arrive, first class, one to three. So depending on what stamp they stuck on the envelope, it might have arrived on the 7th, or it could be delivered on the 14th.

As for refunding parking fees in Tesco vouchers - NO !

You paid out cash to park, it is reasonable to be refunded in cash - You are also entitled to a mileage allowance (I believe the DWP recommend 25p per mile).

this is bloody crazy. i got a call from reid employment agency at 15 40 and im told im due to start a 2 day course on monday.

i told her this is news to me. nobody told me at the jobcenter yesterday when i sign on.

she said a letter was sent out on monday. i said but monday was bank holiday. anyway i not received the letter.

she said she hopes i attend so i dont get into trouble with my advisor.

she said she will text the postcode of the place i have to be but i not even got that text.

so unless the lettter comes tomorrow then i have no idea where to be on monday morning at 9 30am.

the course is 9 30 untill 2 30 so ill go seeing as its just 2 days but how the hell can i find out where i got to be.

she did tell me the name of the place on the phone but i already forgotten where it is.

All sounds abit fishy to me, are you sure someone isn't having a laugh at you, at your expense?

its not dodgy. my adivsor put me with some company called reed in partnership.

anyway i did not get any text and the letter has not turned up.

the jobcenter is open at 9am so ill go there and find out where im meant to be.

all i know is they are trainning me up for something.

it better not be to work 30hours for no pay because i wont do it.

i dont mind 20 hours a week and a place i want to work in but not being put anywhere just to suit them..

The most likely title for this "course" is Employability Training - How to write a CV and covering letter. Interviews and how to dress for them, etc. The usual sort of drill.

If that is what it is, just be thankful it is only two days - Some of these "courses" have been known to run for four weeks or more.... I did have some numpty hand me a list of "courses" run by A4e - Got as far as noting they did an eight week reading & writing "course", at which point I suggested some of their staff would benefit from doing that one. :madgrin:

yes cv spec letters interview skills ect

i done that with every course i been on.

everyone telling me there cv desings are better then the last one.

but like you say its only for 2 days.

i been on some that have been every day for 3 months.

just wanted to ask u if this is breaking data protection but got a phone call from a company and they said there is a job going and where asking me a few questions if i was employed or not i told them no i dont work and he said so u sign on then yeh? i said yeh and he was saying there a job for 12 hours going i am looking for 16 tho and he was like thats fine and then it sounded like the words he said was i will let the job centre know not sure if it was in them words but he did say job centre and i was like what? i said u cant tell the job centre as they never gave me the job and i am not letting u give them information when i only sent my cv to your store so even if u have offered a job it should not matter they have no right to contact the job centre am a correct?