• Tweets

• Hi, thanks for your replies, I wrote to them & this is the reply:   Thank you for your correspondence received on 16 October 2019, concerning the above Penalty Charge Notice. Contravention I have viewed your mitigation and the evidence of the Civil Enforcement Officer on the day in question. The issue is that you parked without clearly displaying a valid pay & display ticket or voucher. Mitigation Whilst you state that you ‘tried to buy a ticket using my card but both machines would not accept a card payment’, there is also the option to pay by phone using the RingGo app if you do not have any cash with you. A grace period of minutes is given to allow drivers time to purchase a ticket, the Officer on patrol observed your vehicle from 12:52 – 12:57 before correctly issuing a Penalty Charge Notice. Conclusion It remains the responsibility of the driver to ensure that there is a parking session in place before leaving their vehicle parked. With this in mind I have upheld the Penalty Charge Notice and rejected your challenge. I will still accept the discounted amount of £25.00, provided payment is received within 14 days of the date of this letter. Payment can be made by post to the address
    • Hello all, hope you are all. Its been rather quiet on the a western front until today. I've received Directions of Questionnaire form N180 in the post. I've still had no copy of cca or cpa that I requested back on 20th August.    Please can you advise me how to proceed now   Thanks in advance Michelle
    • Hi - Quick update. I've spoken to the Holiday Inn Express and they told me to write to them explaining what happened and they'll get the charge cancelled, even though it's a DR+ letter, they confirmed they will talk to PE. It'll take about 4 weeks to cancel. I've sent that off. Have I done enough (for now)? I won't assume this has worked until I get a formal confirmation back.   The other suggestion you had was to write a short 2-liner to PE to ensure they have my correct address as they have failed to get any correspondence to me to date. Should I still do that in parallel? Belt and braces.   Finally - I'm still sitting on my snot-letter to PE re GDPR request. Again - sit on that still for now? If nothing else it gives them work to do that they can't ignore and proves they have my correct address details (or not)   As you might be able to tell, I'm a fan of several lines of attack, but I'll be guided by experience....   Many thanks Choco 
    • yes I moved out in 2014. This is the first I've heard of any outstanding bill! The letter is a 'Payment due' letter, not an official court or claim form at this stage. I have actually had another old energy bill from Lowell (this is what happens when you move house a lot) which came from their solicitors devision with an official country court claim. That bill was from 2014/15. Theres no way of me checking what payments were made or if the amounts are even correct. 
    • kk, thank you    From what I have read, a reconstituted agreement only needs to have the correct name and address.. : /   Is this any use at all, or is it outdated please? I keep finding mixed answers:   Section 61(1)(a) and 127(3)  Consumer Credit Act 1974 that dictates that a creditor must be able to produce a signed document, not necessarily the credit agreement that contains the prescribed terms. This document must include the credit limit, the interest rate and details of how and when a debtor is to discharge his payment options. That failure to produce such a document is capable of rendering the agreement irredeemably unenforceable.     
  • Our picks

Jmulv

Post work programme support - Your experiences?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1697 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

yeh well i was in at my main adviser on 19th may and she told me when u come back to see me on the 20th of june we will choose which u do voluntary or sign on daily but as i had a interview on the 20th she said thats fine i will rearranged your appointment and i was in today and just a sign on person gave me a letter to say my next adviser appointment is on the 23rd of july now.

so am not sure but i guess she will choose then

Well then, if you can remember the date of your Work Programme Completer Interview and they haven't allocated for you a category within 8 weeks of that date then they can't put you on Daily Work Search Reviews (Daily WSR) or Community Work Placements (CWP). The only option left is Mandatory Intervention Regime (MIR).

Well then, if you can remember the date of your Work Programme Completer Interview and they haven't allocated for you a category within 8 weeks of that date then they can't put you on Daily Work Search Reviews (Daily WSR) or Community Work Placements (CWP). The only option left is Mandatory Intervention Regime (MIR).

So when I see my adviser in July and she tells me that she putting me in to sign on daily or voluntary work can I tell them that the 8weeks has passed and they can't? And where is this info u found so I can have a look at it.

Yeh so it has been over 4 weeks since I seen my adviser do by the time I see it again. first appointment with her was on the 14th May and she got me back in the 19th and told me again that when I came back on the 20th June I would be forwarded to sign on or voluntary work but now that's changed to 23rd July so that will be like 10weeks maybe more by the time I see her again.

Your Work Programme Completer Interview was on the 14th May. At that appointment you would have been automatically put in the MIR category. You should also have been told about the things I outlined in the extract from the Guidance in the previous post.

Your adviser has 8 weeks from that date to decide whether you remain in MIR, or go onto Daily WSR, or go onto CWP.

The 8 weeks will be up in your case on 9th July by my reckoning. If you have not been allocated one of the other categories by that date the adviser cannot allocate you after it. The “*Important Note” categorically forbids it. This means that you remain as you are, in MIR.

You will find the relevant Guidance at:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/201658/response/517413/attach/3/HtW%20guidance%20v1%204%202014%2004%2024.pdf

Your Work Programme Completer Interview was on the 14th May. At that appointment you would have been automatically put in the MIR category. You should also have been told about the things I outlined in the extract from the Guidance in the previous post.

Your adviser has 8 weeks from that date to decide whether you remain in MIR, or go onto Daily WSR, or go onto CWP.

The 8 weeks will be up in your case on 9th July by my reckoning. If you have not been allocated one of the other categories by that date the adviser cannot allocate you after it. The “*Important Note” categorically forbids it. This means that you remain as you are, in MIR.

You will find the relevant Guidance at:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/201658/response/517413/attach/3/HtW%20guidance%20v1%204%202014%2004%2024.pdf

those guidelines are to change though as the problem was that the companies and organisations due to run the cwp were not told their bids had won them the contracts until the end of April when it should have been prepared and ready to start - so they were given an extra 6 weeks to prepare it so it has affected jcp staff from deciding what method each candidate is allocated too also those who finished work programme before April 2014 can be reviewed after 26 weeks of MIR by their coach and the jobcentre plus manager who can then reffer to the DWS or Cwp or even the Older MWS ( mandatory Work scheme) which is a shorter 4 week period of the Cwp

TJR JNR

I finished my work programme last august and i have been told over the next 4 weeks i can look to find my own voluntary work or if not i will be placed on MWS (Mandatory Work Scheme)

TJR JNR

All we can go on at present are the rules and regulations as they currently stand. What might happen in the future, or if things change, is outside our control.

Where the Work Programme Completer Interview date is prior to 28 April 2014, the previous JSA Post Work Programme Support (PWPS) Guidance must be followed. The schemes under PWPS are different and the rules are different. Obviously your case will come under PWPS. The schemes and the rules that apply to you are going to be different. You have the choice of finding a place that will take you on as a ‘volunteer’ for a month or they will find you a place to work at for a month.

The case I was trying to help with here has nothing to do with PWPS and I thought it would only confuse the issue even more if I introduced it.

i applied for a job as just something i could put down on my ujm to say a applied for and i just got a email asking for a interview in a few weeks but i didnt expect to get a interview as i wasnt keen or it was wondering if i could tell them i have something on this date or can i just ignore it and, its not like the job centre would find out would they? if they never gave me the job to apply for ?

So do i stay on MIR in the pwps group then?

I came off WP last July. I was put on MIR straight away without so much as a by your leave. I believe that at the time they were not equipped to cope with any of the other options they claimed that they had. I have been on MIR ever since. I'm not sure where it is you are expecting to be put.

I came off WP last July. I was put on MIR straight away without so much as a by your leave. I believe that at the time they were not equipped to cope with any of the other options they claimed that they had. I have been on MIR ever since. I'm not sure where it is you are expecting to be put.
thats exactly what happened to me

TJR JNR

i applied for a job as just something i could put down on my ujm to say a applied for and i just got a email asking for a interview in a few weeks but i didnt expect to get a interview as i wasnt keen or it was wondering if i could tell them i have something on this date or can i just ignore it and, its not like the job centre would find out would they? if they never gave me the job to apply for ?

If you ignore or cancel, the JCP may find out if they follow up on any job applications. That aside, it gives you something else to put in your job search diary and is a finger up at those that tell you "you never seem to get any interviews".

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

If you failed to show up at the interview the people who arranged it might get p***ed off and inform the Jobcentre that you were offered an interview and failed to show up. Then what?

BOOM

If you failed to show up at the interview the people who arranged it might get p***ed off and inform the Jobcentre that you were offered an interview and failed to show up. Then what?

BOOM

Could you advise if you would be available on Friday 11th July at 10:00 am to participate in an interview thats what it says in the email i got.

i have not replied to it yet so they dont have me down as i am attending the interview tho?

plus i applied for it myself the job centre never gave me the job to apply for so surely. 1 the company cant contact the job centre as they have NO RIGHTS to. 2 would be breaking the data protection as i would not give them permission.3 i applied for it so job centre cant do anything.

the job

Requirements:

• Eligible to work within the UK.
  • Previous experience in food & beverage essential.
  • Previous experience in a similar 5 star environment is preferable.
  • Must have a passion for creating execptional guest experiences

how can i get a interview with them when i have no food and beverage experience at all lol!

You mentioned UJM. Did you apply for this job in UJM?

em no i did not apply for it on UJM i did it via another website but i put on my ujm that i applied for it via another site so surely a dont know to mention to them about interview and the company cant contact the jobcentre as they have no rights

How come an employer who wants someone with particular skills and experience offer you an interview when you have none of the skills and experience they ask for? What did you tell them to make them consider you for the job?

How come an employer who wants someone with particular skills and experience offer you an interview when you have none of the skills and experience they ask for? What did you tell them to make them consider you for the job?

i only had to send my cv and that was that lol so on my cv there would be no mention of any food or beverage experience lol!

do u think i should email them and ask? no?

what u think i should do go for it or just leave the interview as the job centre cant find out as i was not linked to a job that they made me apply for.

You have recorded on UJM that you've applied for the job. You might just as well have gone and jumped up on your adviser's desk at the Jobcentre and waved your recipe books.

Perhaps you could send another email explaining that you mistakenly sent them the application email that was meant for some other job and employer, that it was only when you read the reply that you realized your mistake, and that you apologise for wasting their time and wish them success with whoever they get to fill their vacancy who will inevitably be more suited to it than you.

I think you may have to attend the interview but it's no guarantee you'll get thejob plus it shows you get interviews and they can't penalise you if you don't get offered a interview

You have recorded on UJM that you've applied for the job. You might just as well have gone and jumped up on your adviser's desk at the Jobcentre and waved your recipe books.

Perhaps you could send another email explaining that you mistakenly sent them the application email that was meant for some other job and employer, that it was only when you read the reply that you realized your mistake, and that you apologise for wasting their time and wish them success with whoever they get to fill their vacancy who will inevitably be more suited to it than you.

ye a know but my adviser and sign on people told me to put a job down on your ujm each day to prove that u on everyday and not to put down a job like u wont get into but ones u could.

ye i could say that but i have used another account to ask them if u need to have experience in food and beverage because if they say ye u must then i will write to them asking why i have been considered for a job that u must have experience when i dont.

even tho the other requirements say preferable Previous experience in a similar 5 star environment is preferable.but it says on there site Previous experience in food & beverage essential. when i clearly dont have lol!

I think you may have to attend the interview but it's no guarantee you'll get thejob plus it shows you get interviews and they can't penalise you if you don't get offered a interview

But they can penalize people who apply for jobs that they are unqualified for just to get something to fill in a log.

But they can penalize people who apply for jobs that they are unqualified for just to get something to fill in a log.

i agree if im going to a interview where u need the experience then that will be a waste of a hour journey and money i will not get back for it and its the only job i can see that i have applied for recently that was "food and beverage waitperson" and now looking at the job req i see u need to have the experience but i have been choosen for a interview if i want it that is.

em no i did not apply for it on UJM i did it via another website but i put on my ujm that i applied for it via another site so surely a dont know to mention to them about interview and the company cant contact the jobcentre as they have no rights

As far as I know the job centre can do nothing about this, they cannot get feedback or ask the employer anything

If you actually apply using ujm then they can get feedback on it, as you only recorded details on ujm they have no right to ask employer anything