Jmulv

Post work programme support - Your experiences?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1696 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I had sent cvs out and Royal Mail sent then back out I have just noticed that it tells me on each post that I owe them £1.53

If you post a CV or job application, it makes a good impression if you put the correct number of stamps on the envelope. Failure to use the correct postage (or attempt to reuse old stamps) will incur a surcharge fee by the recipient and will certainly mark any application down.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

If you post a CV or job application, it makes a good impression if you put the correct number of stamps on the envelope. Failure to use the correct postage (or attempt to reuse old stamps) will incur a surcharge fee by the recipient and will certainly mark any application down.

did not need to pay thats what i was told when i called royal mail to pay it

got a interview tomorrow morning and really want this job and was asking if any one on here has any good website or something that would be a good help to do well at a interview.

got a interview tomorrow for night time assistant has anyone worked as one of them before?

Sounds like you are asking if anyone has been an 'assistant' to 'one of them' on the night shift. Didn't even know they needed one.

Sounds like you are asking if anyone has been an 'assistant' to 'one of them' on the night shift. Didn't even know they needed one.

its a night time assistant job at a bar and restaurant the hours of work is 2am-8am and i dont mind working at them times lol!

The words work program and support should not be in the same sentence.

its a night time assistant job at a bar and restaurant the hours of work is 2am-8am and i dont mind working at them times lol!

Hmmmm careful with your health mate. Night shifts aint healthy apparently.

The words work program and support should not be in the same sentence.

I agree so far

My last lot were sanction obsessed and even tried but failed to bully me

see this CC that u have to put down on your work booklet the part it says i will contact employers directly to ask about and apply for jobs i can do.

do i have to put down a phone call or can Cv and specs cover that part?

would like a quick respond as i have to sign on today.

I will contact employers directly to ask about and apply for jobs I can do.

Telephone potential employers, personal visits, spec letters with CVs by post or email - Any one of those fits the the description of "contact employers". You can even stretch it to include clicking on a "Work for us" link on a company web site.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Telephone potential employers, personal visits, spec letters with CVs by post or email - Any one of those fits the the description of "contact employers". You can even stretch it to include clicking on a "Work for us" link on a company web site.

yeh just double checking there a always put down cvs anyway.

just hope when i sign on there happy with my work hands have been killing me for past few days now type and writing non stop for the past few days!l lol

I alternate how I do this one (either email employer or check their website)

If I email I put something like

Contacted XX about jobs - waiting to here back

or if I check their website I put

Checked with XX - no jobs currently available

yeh good other choices there.

my advisers always seem to prefer me to phone employers but can choose other one if i want to.

i like to put a lot down on my book but then i get to a point where i dont wanna put down to much as it might not give me more to to for my next appointment if u know what i mean lol?

how u getting on with your jobsearch pauls33?

I don't have any preferred way, just to contact a local employer weekly (how I do this is up to me)

like you I don't want to put too much in one week, save some for next week

for mine I fill one page per week, everything in the agreement, plus average one job a day minimum, then a little extra, updating cv, updating covering letter, update cv on website etc

Would love to go back to the old style book though, this new one with what I will do & what I did is a pain

What time do you sign on today?

I don't have any preferred way, just to contact a local employer weekly (how I do this is up to me)

like you I don't want to put too much in one week, save some for next week

for mine I fill one page per week, everything in the agreement, plus average one job a day minimum, then a little extra, updating cv, updating covering letter, update cv on website etc

Would love to go back to the old style book though, this new one with what I will do & what I did is a pain

What time do you sign on today?

Ye I don't see why they stopped the old book to get people on UJM and then bring out a new book as far as I knew was that they would never use books again but of course that's not true with this new booklet ,

I had my sign on at 2 my appointment that a suppose to have with my adviser last Friday was re arranged and is now on the 23rd July so another few weeks off trying to get a job before a get this voluntary 6months or sign on daily

Had many interviews recently?

think you are the first I have heard that is going on the voluntary 6 months stuff

I had a couple of agencies phone me up last week saying my cv was just what they are looking for (part time job and full time one), not heard anything since so looks like I didn't get shortlisted

how are your interviews going?

think you are the first I have heard that is going on the voluntary 6 months stuff

I had a couple of agencies phone me up last week saying my cv was just what they are looking for (part time job and full time one), not heard anything since so looks like I didn't get shortlisted

Yes the first are people who go on to the

Help To Work Scheme Are the ones who finished the work programme on or after 1st April 2014

TJR JNR

My appointment with my new Job Coach is tomorrow but i finished my work program last september and the guidelines for jobcentre staff say that people who finish work program before april 2014 go onto post work program support and after 26 weeks can be Revised by The job Coach and the Jobcentre manager an reffered to the Help To Work Scheme of 6 months voluntary work or it can advised to reffer to the Older MWS (Mandatory Work Scheme) - 4 weeks Voluntary Work to keep placements at the Help To Work Scheme for Those Finishing the Work Program after april 2014

TJR JNR

yeh a think a am even the people who left same time as me are not through to that stage of voluntary work so am kinda confused as to why a am and not the others.

a hate that when they say u are what they are looking for and u hear nothing at all back.

my interview on friday was fine a hope a have did enough to get a work trial to see what they think of me but need them to contact me first to let me know if am successful or not.

this will be 2nd interview withing past few weeks so am starting to get interviews again unlike other times when i wouldn't get a interview for months which is crap and gives u no confidence if u cant even get through to a interview stage.

so got another few weeks need a job to get me away from the help to work scheme.

Yes the first are people who go on to the

Help To Work Scheme Are the ones who finished the work programme on or after 1st April 2014

ye heard this but people who left at the same time as me still haven't been told that withing next few weeks they will pick what i go to but yet i have? confusing

ye heard this but people who left at the same time as me still haven't been told that withing next few weeks they will pick what i go to but yet i have? confusing
when did u finish work program?

TJR JNR

i finished my wp officially on the 15th may and i know im one of the first as its over april it started this help to work scheme but people left week before me and some same day as me and few others spoke to have finished a week or 2 after me and yet the ones i have spoken to not one of them have been told about they will be getting told where they go or they have to sign on but yet i am getting told next time i will be getting picked to one so hows that work out? does not seem fair to me thats what i think anyway.

This is what should have happened and what you should already be aware of by now.

The Help to Work (HtW) package is help and support, based on a claimant’s individual circumstances. It is comprised of three distinct elements:

Mandatory Intervention Regime (MIR)

Daily Work Search Reviews (Daily WSR)

Community Work Placements (CWP)

The HtW package of support applies to Jobseekers Allowance (JSA) claimants whose Work Programme Completer Interview (WPCI) is on or after 28 April 2014.

The WPCI is the first point at which the claimant can be assigned to Mandatory Intervention Regime (MIR), Daily WSR or referred to Community Work Placement (CWP) provision.

Although allocation to Daily WSR or CWP can take place within the WPCI, it is not necessary to do so at this stage. It may be more appropriate to allocate the claimant to MIR which includes an eight-week assessment period (commencing from the date of the WPCI) for the Work Coach to thoroughly consider which of the HtW measures best addresses the claimant’s needs. This includes the option for the claimant to remain on MIR.

The Work Coach must take the following steps during the WPCI:

Step 1. Explain to the claimant:

the purpose of the interview

about Back to Work Schemes

the conditionality / sanction regime attached to their claim

NB: Due to the length of time spent on Work Programme (WP), many claimants will be unfamiliar with the support available and conditionality/sanction regime attached to their claim. It is, therefore, important that comprehensive explanations are provided.

Step 2. Conduct skills screening and consider the need for a skills assessment.

Step 3. Draw-up a JSA Claimant Commitment appropriate to the circumstances of the case.

Step 4. Update LMS:

select the PWPS pilot marker and set it to the appropriate value (i.e. HtW MIR, HtW DWSR or CWP),

record, as a LMS conversation, that the discussion about Back to Work Schemes has taken place

(if appropriate) arrange next follow up work search interview in line with local policies

(if appropriate) set LMS Workflows in line with the circumstances of the case

Claimants not allocated to Daily Work Search Review (WSR) or referred to Community Work Placement (CWP) at the Work Programme Completer Interview (WPCI) will be allocated to MIR. Work Coaches then have up to 8 weeks* to assess whether one of the other HtW options (i.e. Daily WSR or CWP) is more appropriate given the claimants particular circumstances.

* Important note: 8 weeks is an absolute maximum and commences from the date the WPCI is conducted. Once the 8 week point has been passed, a claimant not allocated to Daily WSR or referred to CWP will continue in MIR i.e. after the 8 week point, Daily WSR and CWP are no longer an option.

You seem to be unsure of what is happening to you. If the above procedure had been followed you should be in no doubt. Your input should have been taken into account and have gone some way towards deciding which category the work coach puts you in.

Your uncertainty would suggest that the correct procedures have not been followed in your case.

You mentioned that your next adviser meeting is on 23rd July. Do you think that is the date on which you will be told the category you are to be put in?

If it is, then you calculate back 8 weeks which takes you back to 28th May, If your Work Programme Completer Interview took place before 28th May then the (*Important note) above comes into play and the only category they can place you in is MIR, which is the one you are in now..