Me and My Various Benefit Claims and issues

Jmulv
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i applied for a job as just something i could put down on my ujm to say a applied for and i just got a email asking for a interview in a few weeks but i didnt expect to get a interview as i wasnt keen or it was wondering if i could tell them i have something on this date or can i just ignore it and, its not like the job centre would find out would they? if they never gave me the job to apply for ?

If you ignore or cancel, the JCP may find out if they follow up on any job applications. That aside, it gives you something else to put in your job search diary and is a finger up at those that tell you "you never seem to get any interviews".

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i applied for a job as just something i could put down on my ujm to say a applied for and i just got a email asking for a interview in a few weeks but i didnt expect to get a interview as i wasnt keen or it was wondering if i could tell them i have something on this date or can i just ignore it and, its not like the job centre would find out would they? if they never gave me the job to apply for ?

If you failed to show up at the interview the people who arranged it might get p***ed off and inform the Jobcentre that you were offered an interview and failed to show up. Then what?

BOOM

If you failed to show up at the interview the people who arranged it might get p***ed off and inform the Jobcentre that you were offered an interview and failed to show up. Then what?

BOOM

Could you advise if you would be available on Friday 11th July at 10:00 am to participate in an interview thats what it says in the email i got.

i have not replied to it yet so they dont have me down as i am attending the interview tho?

plus i applied for it myself the job centre never gave me the job to apply for so surely. 1 the company cant contact the job centre as they have NO RIGHTS to. 2 would be breaking the data protection as i would not give them permission.3 i applied for it so job centre cant do anything.

the job

Requirements:

• Eligible to work within the UK.
  • Previous experience in food & beverage essential.
  • Previous experience in a similar 5 star environment is preferable.
  • Must have a passion for creating execptional guest experiences

how can i get a interview with them when i have no food and beverage experience at all lol!

You mentioned UJM. Did you apply for this job in UJM?

em no i did not apply for it on UJM i did it via another website but i put on my ujm that i applied for it via another site so surely a dont know to mention to them about interview and the company cant contact the jobcentre as they have no rights

How come an employer who wants someone with particular skills and experience offer you an interview when you have none of the skills and experience they ask for? What did you tell them to make them consider you for the job?

i only had to send my cv and that was that lol so on my cv there would be no mention of any food or beverage experience lol!

do u think i should email them and ask? no?

what u think i should do go for it or just leave the interview as the job centre cant find out as i was not linked to a job that they made me apply for.

You have recorded on UJM that you've applied for the job. You might just as well have gone and jumped up on your adviser's desk at the Jobcentre and waved your recipe books.

Perhaps you could send another email explaining that you mistakenly sent them the application email that was meant for some other job and employer, that it was only when you read the reply that you realized your mistake, and that you apologise for wasting their time and wish them success with whoever they get to fill their vacancy who will inevitably be more suited to it than you.

You have recorded on UJM that you've applied for the job. You might just as well have gone and jumped up on your adviser's desk at the Jobcentre and waved your recipe books.

Perhaps you could send another email explaining that you mistakenly sent them the application email that was meant for some other job and employer, that it was only when you read the reply that you realized your mistake, and that you apologise for wasting their time and wish them success with whoever they get to fill their vacancy who will inevitably be more suited to it than you.

ye a know but my adviser and sign on people told me to put a job down on your ujm each day to prove that u on everyday and not to put down a job like u wont get into but ones u could.

ye i could say that but i have used another account to ask them if u need to have experience in food and beverage because if they say ye u must then i will write to them asking why i have been considered for a job that u must have experience when i dont.

even tho the other requirements say preferable Previous experience in a similar 5 star environment is preferable.but it says on there site Previous experience in food & beverage essential. when i clearly dont have lol!

I think you may have to attend the interview but it's no guarantee you'll get thejob plus it shows you get interviews and they can't penalise you if you don't get offered a interview

But they can penalize people who apply for jobs that they are unqualified for just to get something to fill in a log.

But they can penalize people who apply for jobs that they are unqualified for just to get something to fill in a log.

i agree if im going to a interview where u need the experience then that will be a waste of a hour journey and money i will not get back for it and its the only job i can see that i have applied for recently that was "food and beverage waitperson" and now looking at the job req i see u need to have the experience but i have been choosen for a interview if i want it that is.

em no i did not apply for it on UJM i did it via another website but i put on my ujm that i applied for it via another site so surely a dont know to mention to them about interview and the company cant contact the jobcentre as they have no rights

As far as I know the job centre can do nothing about this, they cannot get feedback or ask the employer anything

If you actually apply using ujm then they can get feedback on it, as you only recorded details on ujm they have no right to ask employer anything

As far as I know the job centre can do nothing about this, they cannot get feedback or ask the employer anything

If you actually apply using ujm then they can get feedback on it, as you only recorded details on ujm they have no right to ask employer anything

i didnt think the job centre could do anything either as its not a "matched vacancy" and since i applied for it on my own they cant do anything?

i never applied for the job through ujm i did it through another website but i put on my ujm that i applied for this vacancy so they cant exactly contact them or ask for feedback as the vacancy was not a matched one surely?

IMO, putting it on ujm or writing things in your job book are the same, the job centre cannot ask employer for feedback on this, it is all confidential between you and the employer

I am sure I read this somewhere, but the only time they can get feedback is if you use the 'Apply Now' button on ujm, they can then check that you attended and the outcome etc

IMO, putting it on ujm or writing things in your job book are the same, the job centre cannot ask employer for feedback on this, it is all confidential between you and the employer

I am sure I read this somewhere, but the only time they can get feedback is if you use the 'Apply Now' button on ujm, they can then check that you attended and the outcome etc

yeh was about to say it would not be fair for them to check people jobs on ujm but people who still do it on the book wouldnt really get checked.

but like it said i did not apply for it on the job centre site and did not click the "apply now" button so there is no way they can find out what goes on or do anything as its confidential between me and the employer ye?

plus not like am not actually going for interviews cause i have 2 interviews past few weeks and went to both so not like i dont want any but just not keen on this as it was just a job to cover the i looked for a job everyday.

plus they said Could you advise if you would be available on Friday 11th July at 10:00 am to participate in an interview Please could you confirm your availability for an interview

so for one i have not replied to them so they dont know if i am free for a interview or that i have accepted the chance of a interview

surely they would look at the requirements for the job and then see my cv and it has no mention of food or beverage experience

Damned if you do and damned if you don't isn't it? The jobcentre all too often makes it up as they go along

plus they said Could you advise if you would be available on Friday 11th July at 10:00 am to participate in an interview Please could you confirm your availability for an interview

so for one i have not replied to them so they dont know if i am free for a interview or that i have accepted the chance of a interview

surely they would look at the requirements for the job and then see my cv and it has no mention of food or beverage experience

If it was on UJM Then i would be very careful if i was u and i would go to the interview because the jobcentre staffs version of the universal job match is being constantly updated so they can see in more detail what we are upto on there an what we have applied for and does it match what we write in our work books so be very careful

TJR JNR

Also adverts for staff at Jobcentre plus to allocate candidates to the right course/scheme these are advertised by my local council i applied but was un succesful coz since then they hav 2 new young lads no older than 19 or 20 workin in my local jobcentre plus - how are they supposed to advise middle aged men an women about jobs and work when this is likely to be the first real job theyve had? An while i was there one of them appeard to be just reading the government website about guidelines so they can repeat it and pass it off as experienced advice - "Computer Says No"

TJR JNR

If it was on UJM Then i would be very careful if i was u and i would go to the interview because the jobcentre staffs version of the universal job match is being constantly updated so they can see in more detail what we are upto on there an what we have applied for and does it match what we write in our work books so be very careful

The job was on indeed but via another site I never applied for via the apply button on UJM so surely even writing it down on my book or UJM they can't excetly do much if it was not a "matched vacancy"? I applied for it on my own and at my own accord. And been told if u did put u applied for it and put it on your UJM or even your book then nothing they can do or the company they can't ask for feedback or ask any info without my permission which I don't need to give as that's why data protection is in place.

And If the job centre contact them or the company contact the job centre to contact someone and let them know so they can help me put a complaint in.

If it's a vacancy you found yourself on UJ, then the JC can't obtain feedback - even if you did apply via the 'Apply Now' button. It's still your vacancy.

Only if the adviser formally told you to apply for that job (matched vacancy) could they obtain feedback, no matter how you applied for it.

Once again it comes down to the JC advisers not knowing their own guidance - they assume that because you've listed it on UJ, they can check up on anything, whether matched vacancy or one you found all by yourself. By the time you find out they've done it and complain..they've already done it! Be very careful what you put on UJ.

At one time, applying for jobs where you didn't quite have the experience was looked upon as showing initiative, now the JC classes it as 'not trying'. Unbelievable!!!