Me and My Various Benefit Claims and issues

Jmulv
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Telephone potential employers, personal visits, spec letters with CVs by post or email - Any one of those fits the the description of "contact employers". You can even stretch it to include clicking on a "Work for us" link on a company web site.

yeh just double checking there a always put down cvs anyway.

just hope when i sign on there happy with my work hands have been killing me for past few days now type and writing non stop for the past few days!l lol

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I alternate how I do this one (either email employer or check their website)

If I email I put something like

Contacted XX about jobs - waiting to here back

or if I check their website I put

Checked with XX - no jobs currently available

yeh good other choices there.

my advisers always seem to prefer me to phone employers but can choose other one if i want to.

i like to put a lot down on my book but then i get to a point where i dont wanna put down to much as it might not give me more to to for my next appointment if u know what i mean lol?

how u getting on with your jobsearch pauls33?

I don't have any preferred way, just to contact a local employer weekly (how I do this is up to me)

like you I don't want to put too much in one week, save some for next week

for mine I fill one page per week, everything in the agreement, plus average one job a day minimum, then a little extra, updating cv, updating covering letter, update cv on website etc

Would love to go back to the old style book though, this new one with what I will do & what I did is a pain

What time do you sign on today?

I don't have any preferred way, just to contact a local employer weekly (how I do this is up to me)

like you I don't want to put too much in one week, save some for next week

for mine I fill one page per week, everything in the agreement, plus average one job a day minimum, then a little extra, updating cv, updating covering letter, update cv on website etc

Would love to go back to the old style book though, this new one with what I will do & what I did is a pain

What time do you sign on today?

Ye I don't see why they stopped the old book to get people on UJM and then bring out a new book as far as I knew was that they would never use books again but of course that's not true with this new booklet ,

I had my sign on at 2 my appointment that a suppose to have with my adviser last Friday was re arranged and is now on the 23rd July so another few weeks off trying to get a job before a get this voluntary 6months or sign on daily

Had many interviews recently?

think you are the first I have heard that is going on the voluntary 6 months stuff

I had a couple of agencies phone me up last week saying my cv was just what they are looking for (part time job and full time one), not heard anything since so looks like I didn't get shortlisted

how are your interviews going?

think you are the first I have heard that is going on the voluntary 6 months stuff

I had a couple of agencies phone me up last week saying my cv was just what they are looking for (part time job and full time one), not heard anything since so looks like I didn't get shortlisted

Yes the first are people who go on to the

Help To Work Scheme Are the ones who finished the work programme on or after 1st April 2014

TJR JNR

My appointment with my new Job Coach is tomorrow but i finished my work program last september and the guidelines for jobcentre staff say that people who finish work program before april 2014 go onto post work program support and after 26 weeks can be Revised by The job Coach and the Jobcentre manager an reffered to the Help To Work Scheme of 6 months voluntary work or it can advised to reffer to the Older MWS (Mandatory Work Scheme) - 4 weeks Voluntary Work to keep placements at the Help To Work Scheme for Those Finishing the Work Program after april 2014

TJR JNR

yeh a think a am even the people who left same time as me are not through to that stage of voluntary work so am kinda confused as to why a am and not the others.

a hate that when they say u are what they are looking for and u hear nothing at all back.

my interview on friday was fine a hope a have did enough to get a work trial to see what they think of me but need them to contact me first to let me know if am successful or not.

this will be 2nd interview withing past few weeks so am starting to get interviews again unlike other times when i wouldn't get a interview for months which is crap and gives u no confidence if u cant even get through to a interview stage.

so got another few weeks need a job to get me away from the help to work scheme.

Yes the first are people who go on to the

Help To Work Scheme Are the ones who finished the work programme on or after 1st April 2014

ye heard this but people who left at the same time as me still haven't been told that withing next few weeks they will pick what i go to but yet i have? confusing

i finished my wp officially on the 15th may and i know im one of the first as its over april it started this help to work scheme but people left week before me and some same day as me and few others spoke to have finished a week or 2 after me and yet the ones i have spoken to not one of them have been told about they will be getting told where they go or they have to sign on but yet i am getting told next time i will be getting picked to one so hows that work out? does not seem fair to me thats what i think anyway.

This is what should have happened and what you should already be aware of by now.

The Help to Work (HtW) package is help and support, based on a claimant’s individual circumstances. It is comprised of three distinct elements:

Mandatory Intervention Regime (MIR)

Daily Work Search Reviews (Daily WSR)

Community Work Placements (CWP)

The HtW package of support applies to Jobseekers Allowance (JSA) claimants whose Work Programme Completer Interview (WPCI) is on or after 28 April 2014.

The WPCI is the first point at which the claimant can be assigned to Mandatory Intervention Regime (MIR), Daily WSR or referred to Community Work Placement (CWP) provision.

Although allocation to Daily WSR or CWP can take place within the WPCI, it is not necessary to do so at this stage. It may be more appropriate to allocate the claimant to MIR which includes an eight-week assessment period (commencing from the date of the WPCI) for the Work Coach to thoroughly consider which of the HtW measures best addresses the claimant’s needs. This includes the option for the claimant to remain on MIR.

The Work Coach must take the following steps during the WPCI:

Step 1. Explain to the claimant:

the purpose of the interview

about Back to Work Schemes

the conditionality / sanction regime attached to their claim

NB: Due to the length of time spent on Work Programme (WP), many claimants will be unfamiliar with the support available and conditionality/sanction regime attached to their claim. It is, therefore, important that comprehensive explanations are provided.

Step 2. Conduct skills screening and consider the need for a skills assessment.

Step 3. Draw-up a JSA Claimant Commitment appropriate to the circumstances of the case.

Step 4. Update LMS:

select the PWPS pilot marker and set it to the appropriate value (i.e. HtW MIR, HtW DWSR or CWP),

record, as a LMS conversation, that the discussion about Back to Work Schemes has taken place

(if appropriate) arrange next follow up work search interview in line with local policies

(if appropriate) set LMS Workflows in line with the circumstances of the case

Claimants not allocated to Daily Work Search Review (WSR) or referred to Community Work Placement (CWP) at the Work Programme Completer Interview (WPCI) will be allocated to MIR. Work Coaches then have up to 8 weeks* to assess whether one of the other HtW options (i.e. Daily WSR or CWP) is more appropriate given the claimants particular circumstances.

* Important note: 8 weeks is an absolute maximum and commences from the date the WPCI is conducted. Once the 8 week point has been passed, a claimant not allocated to Daily WSR or referred to CWP will continue in MIR i.e. after the 8 week point, Daily WSR and CWP are no longer an option.

You seem to be unsure of what is happening to you. If the above procedure had been followed you should be in no doubt. Your input should have been taken into account and have gone some way towards deciding which category the work coach puts you in.

Your uncertainty would suggest that the correct procedures have not been followed in your case.

You mentioned that your next adviser meeting is on 23rd July. Do you think that is the date on which you will be told the category you are to be put in?

If it is, then you calculate back 8 weeks which takes you back to 28th May, If your Work Programme Completer Interview took place before 28th May then the (*Important note) above comes into play and the only category they can place you in is MIR, which is the one you are in now..

yeh well i was in at my main adviser on 19th may and she told me when u come back to see me on the 20th of june we will choose which u do voluntary or sign on daily but as i had a interview on the 20th she said thats fine i will rearranged your appointment and i was in today and just a sign on person gave me a letter to say my next adviser appointment is on the 23rd of july now.

so am not sure but i guess she will choose then

Well then, if you can remember the date of your Work Programme Completer Interview and they haven't allocated for you a category within 8 weeks of that date then they can't put you on Daily Work Search Reviews (Daily WSR) or Community Work Placements (CWP). The only option left is Mandatory Intervention Regime (MIR).

Well then, if you can remember the date of your Work Programme Completer Interview and they haven't allocated for you a category within 8 weeks of that date then they can't put you on Daily Work Search Reviews (Daily WSR) or Community Work Placements (CWP). The only option left is Mandatory Intervention Regime (MIR).

So when I see my adviser in July and she tells me that she putting me in to sign on daily or voluntary work can I tell them that the 8weeks has passed and they can't? And where is this info u found so I can have a look at it.

Yeh so it has been over 4 weeks since I seen my adviser do by the time I see it again. first appointment with her was on the 14th May and she got me back in the 19th and told me again that when I came back on the 20th June I would be forwarded to sign on or voluntary work but now that's changed to 23rd July so that will be like 10weeks maybe more by the time I see her again.

Your Work Programme Completer Interview was on the 14th May. At that appointment you would have been automatically put in the MIR category. You should also have been told about the things I outlined in the extract from the Guidance in the previous post.

Your adviser has 8 weeks from that date to decide whether you remain in MIR, or go onto Daily WSR, or go onto CWP.

The 8 weeks will be up in your case on 9th July by my reckoning. If you have not been allocated one of the other categories by that date the adviser cannot allocate you after it. The “*Important Note” categorically forbids it. This means that you remain as you are, in MIR.

You will find the relevant Guidance at:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/201658/response/517413/attach/3/HtW%20guidance%20v1%204%202014%2004%2024.pdf

Your Work Programme Completer Interview was on the 14th May. At that appointment you would have been automatically put in the MIR category. You should also have been told about the things I outlined in the extract from the Guidance in the previous post.

Your adviser has 8 weeks from that date to decide whether you remain in MIR, or go onto Daily WSR, or go onto CWP.

The 8 weeks will be up in your case on 9th July by my reckoning. If you have not been allocated one of the other categories by that date the adviser cannot allocate you after it. The “*Important Note” categorically forbids it. This means that you remain as you are, in MIR.

You will find the relevant Guidance at:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/201658/response/517413/attach/3/HtW%20guidance%20v1%204%202014%2004%2024.pdf

those guidelines are to change though as the problem was that the companies and organisations due to run the cwp were not told their bids had won them the contracts until the end of April when it should have been prepared and ready to start - so they were given an extra 6 weeks to prepare it so it has affected jcp staff from deciding what method each candidate is allocated too also those who finished work programme before April 2014 can be reviewed after 26 weeks of MIR by their coach and the jobcentre plus manager who can then reffer to the DWS or Cwp or even the Older MWS ( mandatory Work scheme) which is a shorter 4 week period of the Cwp

TJR JNR

All we can go on at present are the rules and regulations as they currently stand. What might happen in the future, or if things change, is outside our control.

Where the Work Programme Completer Interview date is prior to 28 April 2014, the previous JSA Post Work Programme Support (PWPS) Guidance must be followed. The schemes under PWPS are different and the rules are different. Obviously your case will come under PWPS. The schemes and the rules that apply to you are going to be different. You have the choice of finding a place that will take you on as a ‘volunteer’ for a month or they will find you a place to work at for a month.

The case I was trying to help with here has nothing to do with PWPS and I thought it would only confuse the issue even more if I introduced it.

i applied for a job as just something i could put down on my ujm to say a applied for and i just got a email asking for a interview in a few weeks but i didnt expect to get a interview as i wasnt keen or it was wondering if i could tell them i have something on this date or can i just ignore it and, its not like the job centre would find out would they? if they never gave me the job to apply for ?

So do i stay on MIR in the pwps group then?

I came off WP last July. I was put on MIR straight away without so much as a by your leave. I believe that at the time they were not equipped to cope with any of the other options they claimed that they had. I have been on MIR ever since. I'm not sure where it is you are expecting to be put.

I came off WP last July. I was put on MIR straight away without so much as a by your leave. I believe that at the time they were not equipped to cope with any of the other options they claimed that they had. I have been on MIR ever since. I'm not sure where it is you are expecting to be put.
thats exactly what happened to me

TJR JNR