Me and My Various Benefit Claims and issues

Jmulv
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Monster, CVL, Reed, Total Jobs, Career Builder, Indeed - all utter SHI*E, ALL HAVE THE SAME JOBS, ALL USELESS

i use cvl reed indeed (my main one) total jobs but not monster was this not the company who the government gave to be in charge of UJM?

might not been happening with u but a few of my friends did use monster but stopped now as they seem to be getting messages on there emails from companies that he has never heard off.

aw i see sorry never knew.

many posts u got to make like 10? or something?

I think it's 10, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Anything you can ask on here instead of PM?

al ask this.

they have actions in plan.

i will use jobsites and employer websites to find and apply for jobs i can do (daily)

i will log in to my UJM account to find and apply for i can do (daily)

i will contact employers directly ask about any apply for jobs i can do (weekly)

i will check newspaper job vacancy sections and apply to those i can do (weekly)

i will respond promptly to contacts and notifications from employers and jobsites (daily)

i will consider what i need to do to make effective applications to the jobs i find (ongoing)

i will ensure i have an up to date CV that i can tailor tfor jobs i apply for (ongoing)

do i need to write all of this down in the what i did and what was the result "work Booklet"

as i only have.

i will hand my cvs out to employers on Tuesdays and Fridays each week.

i will amend my cv with adding http://www.dwp.gov.uk/wagencentives do this on the 14th or 15th may.

so do i only do them 2 things above or u got to put down all your actions for work down also?

i will log in to my UJM account to find and apply for i can do (daily) does this mean i have to find jobs on the ujm and click apply on there site? and they have me down on my profile i will job search after breakfast and after tea does that mean i have to apply for a job in the morning and later on in the day?

just as the woman never made herself clear with this so i dont really have a clue what i do or i dont do lol!

al ask this.

they have actions in plan.

i will use jobsites and employer websites to find and apply for jobs i can do (daily)

i will log in to my UJM account to find and apply for i can do (daily)

i will contact employers directly ask about any apply for jobs i can do (weekly)

i will check newspaper job vacancy sections and apply to those i can do (weekly)

i will respond promptly to contacts and notifications from employers and jobsites (daily)

i will consider what i need to do to make effective applications to the jobs i find (ongoing)

i will ensure i have an up to date CV that i can tailor tfor jobs i apply for (ongoing)

do i need to write all of this down in the what i did and what was the result "work Booklet"

as i only have.

i will hand my cvs out to employers on Tuesdays and Fridays each week.

i will amend my cv with adding do this on the 14th or 15th may.

so do i only do them 2 things above or u got to put down all your actions for work down also?

I write all those down in my job booklet as things I am going to do during the week (except for the ongoing ones), if I do modify my CV then I would put that down

Handing out your Cv's to employers is one of the items, that would come under the one of contacting employers (weekly), you need to do the others

So in the top section that starts with I Will put

use jobsites and employer websites to find and apply for jobs i can do (daily)

contact employers directly ask about any apply for jobs i can do (weekly)

check newspaper job vacancy sections and apply to those i can do (weekly)

respond promptly to contacts and notifications from employers and jobsites (daily)

Under the next section What I did you then put that you did the above

checked jobsite, monster, indeed (daily)

checked UJM (daily)

contacted employers about vacancies (this is the one you do on a tue/fri giving cv's out)

checked local paper (wed for me)

checked emails related to jobs and responded (daily)

and now list all jobs you applied for

I use one page in the book for a weeks worth of activity

things do seem to vary from area to area and job centre to job centre, but so far filling mine in like this has caused no issues and the advisor has been happy with it

i will log in to my UJM account to find and apply for i can do (daily) does this mean i have to find jobs on the ujm and click apply on there site? and they have me down on my profile i will job search after breakfast and after tea does that mean i have to apply for a job in the morning and later on in the day?

just as the woman never made herself clear with this so i dont really have a clue what i do or i dont do lol!

for me it was looking for jobs on there, if there are any suitable then apply, if no suitable then you can't, looking for them on there is the important bit

I never apply for them on there, if I find one I look for it on one of my other job sites

I write all those down in my job booklet as things I am going to do during the week (except for the ongoing ones), if I do modify my CV then I would put that down

Handing out your Cv's to employers is one of the items, that would come under the one of contacting employers (weekly), you need to do the others

So in the top section that starts with I Will put

respond promptly to contacts and notifications from employers and jobsites (daily)

Under the next section What I did you then put that you did the above

checked jobsite, monster, indeed (daily)

checked UJM (daily)

contacted employers about vacancies (this is the one you do on a tue/fri giving cv's out)

checked local paper (wed for me)

checked emails related to jobs and responded (daily)

and now list all jobs you applied for

I use one page in the book for a weeks worth of activity

things do seem to vary from area to area and job centre to job centre, but so far filling mine in like this has caused no issues and the advisor has been happy with it

so even tho i dont have them in "I Will" put them in anyway?

and then write "what i did" them all out the day before i go to my next appointment?

she has put down 14th may and im back into see her on monday.

it was all confusing to me yesterday maybe not u but with me it was getting told 3 or 4 different things at a time.

can the DWP tell your adviser what times u were on your UJM at?

just wanted to ask.

as my adviser has me down as job searching After Breakfast and After Tea so would my adviser know when i have put my stuff online? a know u only have the dates when u log into your account.

so even tho i dont have them in "I Will" put them in anyway?

and then write "what i did" them all out the day before i go to my next appointment?

she has put down 14th may and im back into see her on monday.

it was all confusing to me yesterday maybe not u but with me it was getting told 3 or 4 different things at a time.

Everything that is on your job agreement and marked with daily or weekly needs to be put in the 'I will' section as you have to do all these things during the week

The next section about what you have done is really just a duplicate of this, you put the item in here when you have done them, I usually enter things in here after I have done them

I don't see the point of the 'I Will' section, as all that gets filled in is what your job agreement mentions

can the DWP tell your adviser what times u were on your UJM at?

just wanted to ask.

as my adviser has me down as job searching After Breakfast and After Tea so would my adviser know when i have put my stuff online? a know u only have the dates when u log into your account.

Don't think it shows that, but it must be logged somewhere

When my advisor looks at mine, all she see is the date of the entry, not the time (if you have denied access to it, they shouldn't be able to get anything from it)

Does you job seekers agreement show you have to look after breakfast and after tea?, from what you have said it only says you have to look on the site daily

Yes, but why should the JCP penalise you for the times you log stuff? Maybe you search and research all day and then log on to UJM in the evening to post everthing? You cannot be on there 8 hours a day every day - it is impossible. As for UJM, been out of work 15 months now, used it for first three weeks, never used it since, never will

Everything that is on your job agreement and marked with daily or weekly needs to be put in the 'I will' section as you have to do all these things during the week

The next section about what you have done is really just a duplicate of this, you put the item in here when you have done them, I usually enter things in here after I have done them

I don't see the point of the 'I Will' section, as all that gets filled in is what your job agreement mentions

so basically whatever jobs i put down on my UJM? i put in my book?

i really dont see the point either in the "i will" cause end of the day u can put that in your book if u use it or UJM account its like been at school or college having basically like tasks to do for your next appointment lol!

Don't think it shows that, but it must be logged somewhere

When my advisor looks at mine, all she see is the date of the entry, not the time (if you have denied access to it, they shouldn't be able to get anything from it)

Does you job seekers agreement show you have to look after breakfast and after tea?, from what you have said it only says you have to look on the site daily

a got a jobseeker profile like with the types of work i am most likely to do my qualifications my employment strengths and skills are my experience is and my circumstances u get this with your book?

it is in the "my circumstances" that she has put down "i will do my job search each day after breakfast and again after tea. if this makes sense to u?

What you need to write is:

"After I have had my breakfast and morning poo I will job search and apply for relevant vacancies. If I have an upset stomach I may need to poo more often so will have less time looking for work unless I canpoo whilst propping the laptop on my lap. I will also pause to wipe my bum"

"After my evening meal and some ice cream I will job search some more stopping only for a 30 minute break whilst Eastenders is on - I will also note the name of the cafe in Eastenders and write to them as well as send my CV to see if they need anyone to cook Phil's bacon roll in the morning"

"Before I go to bed I will brush my teeth and take down the adress of the toothpaste company so I canemailmy CV to them to see if they need anyone to pack toothpaste for them"

"After I have had my breakfast and morning poo I will job search and apply for relevant vacancies. If I have an upset stomach I may need to poo more often so will have less time looking for work unless I canpoo whilst propping the laptop on my lap. I will also pause to wipe my bum"

"After my evening meal and some ice cream I will job search some more stopping only for a 30 minute break whilst Eastenders is on - I will also note the name of the cafe in Eastenders and write to them as well as send my CV to see if they need anyone to cook Phil's bacon roll in the morning"

"Before I go to bed I will brush my teeth and take down the adress of the toothpaste company so I canemailmy CV to them to see if they need anyone to pack toothpaste for them"

sounds a good idea! they might actually want me to call them up and find out what they fought of my cv and any jobs going lol!

they would probz say your job search is very good ha

Ive done exactly what you have said and been sanctioned they only allow you enough time to watch emmerdale apparently ;)

antone

u would not put Employers can claim wage incentive at www.dwp.gov.uk/wageincentives -please see enclosed leaflet, thank you in a cover letter would u? its just in a cv ye?

Personally, I wouldn't put it in a cover letter, but I wasn't aware of this government scheme until you pointed it out to me. I don't really know whether employers will see it as a good thing.

Still, if you've been told by the JC to add it to your CV, best go ahead and do that.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Personally, I wouldn't put it in a cover letter, but I wasn't aware of this government scheme until you pointed it out to me. I don't really know whether employers will see it as a good thing.

Still, if you've been told by the JC to add it to your CV, best go ahead and do that.

Didn't think it would only put it in CV

I have nothing down and only amend CV with this DWP thing I mention nothing about cover letter just wanted to know what u fought of the idea.

i have applied for my first job via UJM a will see how this gets on and if i get any feedback as u can requested it.

i will keep people informed who have not used there website to apply for jobs.

Check that UJ has actually logged your application. It should list your applications somewhere and they might also be shown in the 'My Activities' page too. If it has, then screen print it NOW so that if it later vanishes - which can happen - you'll be covered. Don't trust the site at all; things that are there one day can mysteriously go missing the next.

I've even heard that UJ often doesn't record the application in the first place.