Me and My Various Benefit Claims and issues

Jmulv
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

is this voluntary work/forced to only for 6months then sign on as normal again after it?

if u have to sign on everyday from what i heard it is only for 13 weeks is that true?

and plus the training u can get as your 3rd option how long is that going to be for?

has anyone on here been put forward for any of the HTW scheme yet?

as i am not sure if this is true but a heard its 8 weeks then u its a choice or your adviser picks one of the 3 options true or not?

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is this voluntary work/forced to only for 6months then sign on as normal again after it?

if u have to sign on everyday from what i heard it is only for 13 weeks is that true?

and plus the training u can get as your 3rd option how long is that going to be for?

as i am not sure if this is true but a heard its 8 weeks then u its a choice or your adviser picks one of the 3 options true or not?

Its your advisor who choses

TJR JNR

My option was find my own voluntary work within 4 weeks or be put on mandatory work placement - my advisor said for people who have a previous history of employment part time voluntary work would be seen sufficient to get u back into a pro-active routine instead of the mandatory work placement maybe 2 or 3 days a week for a few months and see how things go

TJR JNR

My option was find my own voluntary work within 4 weeks or be put on mandatory work placement - my advisor said for people who have a previous history of employment part time voluntary work would be seen sufficient to get u back into a pro-active routine instead of the mandatory work placement maybe 2 or 3 days a week for a few months and see how things go

Aww well I shall see what I get told next time I sign on

Would rather do 2-3days work instead on been forced to for 6 months!

Not sure if this will happen but I just seen in a paper for tomorrow that job seekers must take zero hours contract or face sanctions that's what been said from a Tory Minster but DWP are trying to ban zero hours contract but wonder how this will unfold

Not sure if this will happen but I just seen in a paper for tomorrow that job seekers must take zero hours contract or face sanctions that's what been said from a Tory Minster but DWP are trying to ban zero hours contract but wonder how this will unfold

I read this

It makes you laugh at how hypocritical they are

If you are ordered to go for a zero hour job it claims you must apply and even accept it yet they claim zero hours are not forced etc now

always is gonna get tougher especially with a Tory government in charge! is it our own fault that we need to sign on to get money to keep us from been homeless and to survive!

good to see the PCS is on our side.

dont know why the dwp etc need to lie that the WP is a joke and is a waste of money as u would not need a help to work scheme after the work programme if they say "the wp is working and getting people jobs"

to me if i wanted to do there forced labour that the help to work scheme is a would do community service!

and for the advisers been changed to "work Coaches" and job search review/assistant advisers been changed to "assistant work coaches" i could not care less what they are called what is the difference going to be? they are gonna give u the same info etc like u get any other time u go to sign or see your adviser

The PCS isn't on your side. They are just trying to garner solidarity from claimants by laying the blame wholly at the DWP's doorstep.

If the PCS gave a fig about claimants they would be subverting sanctions and conditionality behind the scenes.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Link to the story: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/may/05/jobseekers-zero-hours-contracts - This "policy" will only affect those on Universal Credit... As we all know, UC is having serious problems in implementation and cost overruns, so there is a good chance that many will escape the clutches of the system.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

The PCS isn't on your side. They are just trying to garner solidarity from claimants by laying the blame wholly at the DWP's doorstep.

If the PCS gave a fig about claimants they would be subverting sanctions and conditionality behind the scenes.

I have to agree and it makes me sick to hearSerwotka proselytize when he knows some of his members are willfully enacting these sanctions.

I have to agree and it makes me sick to hearSerwotka proselytize when he knows some of his members are willfully enacting these sanctions.

Just been told today when i signed on that i can go back to signing at my local jobcentre as people in wirral who finishd wp had to go to the main jobcentre for wirral in birkenhead which is a huge jcp over 4 floors the top floor dedicated to post work programme only but now the staff from there are being split up and sent to all smaller local jobcentres accross Wirral under New Reforms as Wirral has be chosen to change over To Universal Credit in July

TJR JNR

Dnt know what to make of that but at least i get to go back to going to my local jobcentre in the village rather than the massive one all the way in the town centre

good to hear u should always have gone to your local job centre in the village instead of the one in the town less travel more job search.

my local job centre is not that big up and down stairs but its not the biggest of offices but it gets use to its limit but cant believe a jcp down where u live has 4 floors lol!

good to hear u should always have gone to your local job centre in the village instead of the one in the town less travel more job search.

my local job centre is not that big up and down stairs but its not the biggest of offices but it gets use to its limit but cant believe a jcp down where u live has 4 floors lol!

my local jobcentre sent me there coz all the staff that deal with post work programme are at the big jobcentre in the town centre its the same with other small jobcentres as i spoke to a woman who had also been sent frm her local office but now they are rolling out universal credit in our area they are sending one or 2 staff from the team that delt with pwps at the main jobcentre in town an placing them in smaller jobcentre in the district

TJR JNR

A lot of Jobcentres look pretty big but most of the space is taken up by processing or DM teams who never actually meet the public. That's just because of the way things are structured - boring historical reasons, really. The ones I can think of in Scotland like this are Springburn and Anniesland in Glasgow, and the building that is now Coatbridge BDC, where I worked for a short time, used to be a Jobcentre as well but they closed down the public facing part and sent all the claimants to Airdrie.

My "favourite" Jobcentre used to be Clapham Common, in London, where I had to sign on back in the day. It had a small courtyard with a duck pond. You could watch ducklings play as you waited to be interrogated. Well, when you're on benefits you take the small pleasures where you find them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

my local jobcentre sent me there coz all the staff that deal with post work programme are at the big jobcentre in the town centre its the same with other small jobcentres as i spoke to a woman who had also been sent frm her local office but now they are rolling out universal credit in our area they are sending one or 2 staff from the team that delt with pwps at the main jobcentre in town an placing them in smaller jobcentre in the district

aww i see,but they should have already had a few staff in there smaller officers like your local job centre instead of having them all in the town one they should spread there advisers about like for pwps etc

am sure going to your local job centre now will save u a lot of time of traveling into the town centre one

A lot of Jobcentres look pretty big but most of the space is taken up by processing or DM teams who never actually meet the public. That's just because of the way things are structured - boring historical reasons, really. The ones I can think of in Scotland like this are Springburn and Anniesland in Glasgow, and the building that is now Coatbridge BDC, where I worked for a short time, used to be a Jobcentre as well but they closed down the public facing part and sent all the claimants to Airdrie.

My "favourite" Jobcentre used to be Clapham Common, in London, where I had to sign on back in the day. It had a small courtyard with a duck pond. You could watch ducklings play as you waited to be interrogated. Well, when you're on benefits you take the small pleasures where you find them.

yeh the big ones in Scotland here will be in Glasgow and yeh i noticed that processing/dm teams who are through another door in my local job centre where they only come through to take people upstairs or through to the next room or give stuff to the jcp.

yeh the big ones in Scotland here will be in Glasgow and yeh i noticed that processing/dm teams who are through another door in my local job centre where they only come through to take people upstairs or through to the next room or give stuff to the jcp.

Yup, that's how it works. The biggest JCP office in Scotland is just north of Buchanan Bus Station in Glasgow, and that's where I spent most of my JCP time as an employee. Most folks don't even know it's there.

Also, a lot of Jobcentres look big because government departments often share buildings to save money. So some of the building might have staff from HMRC or whatever. I used to sign on in Hamilton, and half of that building is actually the Procurator Fiscal's Office. At the big office in Glasgow, some of it is the Passport Office.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It is my understanding that UC is being rolled out a small area at a time. This is so that they can train any staff up in those areas only

They can then bring them areas online slowly so that any problems can be ironed out without it causing a total shut down of the system if it was to be rolled out nationally at one go and something major goes wrong.

In fact I think it's definitely the best way to bring a all encompassing system like this out. If there is a problem in a small area then it only effects that small area. If it was brought out nationally in one fell swoop and something went wrong them the system would be in utter chaos and in the period where they tried to sort out the system there would be a lot of benefit dependants struggling to cope because the payouts would not be sent out.

Whether UC is a good idea is a matter of personal choice, rolling it out slowly is a sound idea even if the system has flaws at the beginning.

Isn't Esther McVey your MP? Well well well!

I thought UC wasn't coming out for at least another 3 years?

Yes she is but wirral is split into a few different mps and mine isnt her thank god my part of wirral is a Lib Dem MP

TJR JNR

Isn't Esther McVey your MP? Well well well!

I thought UC wasn't coming out for at least another 3 years?

Oh and no in 3 years its supposed to be accross the country universal credit started rolling out last year in Wigan and early this year St Helens and in march it was Knowsley in Liverpool and by july it starts in Wirral

TJR JNR

I think this needs renaming as you get no support whatsoever whether during your time at JCP, WP and then post-WP back at JCP. To say anyone has had support at any level I find difficult to believe. In the 1 year and 3 months the people I see regularly, some who have no chance which I shouldn't say but quite honestly haven't even got basic English and Maths skills and some others with a good work history and many skills no one has got a job - do you know why? Not because they are not trying, but because THERE ARE NO JOBS and those that are real amongst the many fake ones have 200+ applicants per position

I think this needs renaming as you get no support whatsoever whether during your time at JCP, WP and then post-WP back at JCP. To say anyone has had support at any level I find difficult to believe. In the 1 year and 3 months the people I see regularly, some who have no chance which I shouldn't say but quite honestly haven't even got basic English and Maths skills and some others with a good work history and many skills no one has got a job - do you know why? Not because they are not trying, but because THERE ARE NO JOBS and those that are real amongst the many fake ones have 200+ applicants per position

yep i think it does need renaming as i have not had much support and if i had am sure there support wouid have helped me get more interviews and maybe even a job and another thing they are suppose to have there colleagues who go out and about and find jobs that dont get put up on the job sites so ingeus clients have a good chance of getting the jobs but the 2 years i was there i was only offered 1 job and did not get it and 2 jobs for me to apply for i would say waste of money all these jcp dwp etc schemes.