Welcome Finance and Empingham

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice or head up on Welcome Finance. My bf has a debt with them for £1383 and back in November I spoke with them and it was agreed on the account that I would be speaking for him as I am sorting out all his debts (many of them!!) Anyway they agreed on a payment of £10 per month and when we asked to set it up as a direct debit they insisted that it can just be an automatic card payment every month and his details would be kept on file. Great...or so I thought!!

We received a letter yesterday to say that he is behind on his payments?? The letter has the payments taken for November (when I set it up), December, January, February and then nothing for this month...because they haven't taken it. There is money in his account as I always make sure of that!! So anyway I rang their offices today and spoke to a lady who really couldn't be arsed talking to me and she said she couldn't speak to me because I am not named on the account grrrrr...so I said can I get my bf to ring from work to OK it and then i'll ring you back. She said yeah thats no problem...or so i thought!! BF rings to say that they won't approve me to talk as i'm on the same line as it for approval grrr...anyway they inform him that they have sold his debt to "Empingham" WHO ARE THEY??

Are they allowed to do this without telling us?

Having looked at the letter again which they sent not only have they charged £35 default (which is their fault) but after the first initial payment back in November it says the dec-feb payments were taken by Empingham!?

I am very confused and annoyed!!

Hope someone can fill me in on Welcome Finance and Empingham?!?

Hi

Just done a check and Empingham are legit. Their address is

HAWSONS CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

JUBILEE HOUSE

32, DUNCAN CLOSE

MOULTON PARK INDUSTRIAL ESTATE

NORTHAMPTON

NORTHAMPTONSHIRE

NN3 6WL

Why not check out the default fees being charged as they can certainly be reclaimed.

I suggest continuing with the payments until told - in writing- otherwise

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Brilliant thanks for that, I just don't understand why debt companies have to make things so much hard work, when you're actually trying to pay off the debts!! Grrr...