Paypal and SAR

svsaunders1978
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Can I get some advise here please?

Paypal have been messing me around for a while and placing random hold on money that I receive from ebay sales without ever giving any reason.

So I have sent them a SAR request which they firstly said they don't need to honor as they have no UK based operations - now they are saying they will provide all the information on me however will not disclose any internal notes about me and in particular they will withhold the "judgement" on why money was help due to that information being confidential.

Is this right or as they having me on?

Thanks

Scott

They can only withold data that concerns other people or that used for decision making for loans etc. The other exemptions such as prevention of crime are unlikely to be applicable. They cannot claim that they are not covered by DPA as they process data in the UK and EU so law applies. You have sent the request to a UK address I presume so they do have UK operations and registerd address. Look up addy on companies house web site. Also registered with FCA as a small payments provider.

They place holds on money if ur a new seller or if ur dsr rating has slipped below satisfactory.

The do this solely in my opinion to gain interest on that money and to royally **** people off.

I dont see how a SAR would reveal any good info. Id ring them and see if u can find out the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a big seller on eBay and they sometimes hold my payments, its a safety net for the buyer, until they are convinced that you are a genuine trust worthy seller they will keep hold of your hard earned, I agree with it in one part but not in another, its basically there to stop the hit and run sellers which is what eBay was well know for, now with this in place it is very rare for some one to get ripped off, eBay/PayPal are huge on protecting the buyer so much the tables have turned, buyers are now saying they haven't received the item logging a dispute and the seller cant win, that's why things are getting more expensive because the seller has had to increase postage cost to cover tracked/signed for.

You can get your money quick by uploading / imputing tracking info and logging as item sent.

Once you know the item has been delivered wait 3 days contact PayPal or if the buyer leaves positive feedback let them know but more often than not they already know and your money is released