JD Williams Cahoot/Mackenzie Hall Catalogue Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

I had a JD Williams account in 2006 I cleared it the following year (07) before I moved house since then they have sent me threatening letters both from them and debt collectionicon agencies claiming that I still owe them money. My account was online and I didn't sign a CCA I believe that they acquired my new address illegally contrary to the data protection act I have written to them informing them that I cleared my account and to point out that they have acquired my new address illegally but they continue to send the letters.

This has gone through several DCA's and is now with Cahoot they sent me a letter today informing me that they are going to pass the debt onto MacKenzie Hall DCA. Given that the debt was incurred in 07 it is now statute barred and I receive a letter on average every 3-4 months which I just ignore. I am wondering if I should use the template on this forum for statute barred debts and write to Cahoot reminding them that the debt is statue barred or should I just ignore it as these people seems very good at ignoring such reminders and requests for CCA's. Just to reiterate my J.D. Williams account was online and I never signed a CCA.

What do people think I should do?

Regards

Mac_fan_2010

Send them the prove it letter.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Have you complained to the catalogue using their complaints procedure?

Have you checked your credit files to see if they have marked them?

Ot os pointless playing letter tennis with them, if you are confident it is SB then send them that letter to say as such.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

It's not SB BB. It's been paid off in full according to the OP.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi and welcome to CAG

Can I just say that when you order anything online, you tick a box to say you agree with whatever their terms and conditions are. this is your signature.

I suspect they have made a mistake on your account and then started adding charges hence the 'debt'

as it has been 6(ish) years since you cleared it, the so called debt may be Statute Barred.

As you have cleared the balance off, I would continue ignoring. Muck hall are the dregs of the debt collection industry and buy debts that are (or very near to) statute barred.

When did you last check your credit file?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE