Can UKCP get bailiffs to Seizing Mobility Car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3657 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can |I get some advice on this subject. I have a mobility car on lease from Ford. I have an outstanding parking fine that I am contesting. Can the bailiffs clamp my car and tow it away?

Only if they are extremely greedy and stupid, it is unlawful to seize remove and sell a car subject to a lease, Motability doubly so as there will be a Zero VED Disabled Taxation disc in the windscreen, if the bailiff ignores that and clamps anyway, he is in the carp big time. A Motabilty lease car will NEVER belong to the keeper so any bailiff claim that they can seize sell and pay of the finance are feldercarb.

Have you informed the council and bailiffs of the cars status, and could you give us a few more details so more targeted advice can be given? Which bailiffs are these?

If they were to take the vehicle as you are not the owner Motability could report it as stolen, as indeed it would have been

Remember RULE 1: BAILIFFS LIE Rule 2: Refer to Rule 1

Edited by brassnecked
sting in tail

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thanks for that. I am just covering my back before the poo hits the fan. I parked on UKCP private car park for 5 mins> I did display the badge but still got fined £60, which I have no intention of paying as the ticket cost £1. Its mt fault I know but i,m not getting fleeced by them.

Its not an outstanding fine on a private car park. it is a speculative invoice.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Its not an outstanding fine on a private car park. it is a speculative invoice.

Yes indeed no fine no bailiff they need to prove a consequential loss above a mere trifle to ground a claim in the County Court, as this is under the Law of Contract..

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Can i ask what communication have you recieved so far? Any chance you can give us a bit of detailed history so we know how far along the chain you are and what your next step should be? bailiffs will only ever be used as a last resort, adn thats after you have been through court, lost, refused to pay any judgement. This can take months.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

In order to send bailiffs they would need a CCJ, and if they went to court you could contest it especially if their claim is out of all proportion to the loss. Was there signage placed in a prominent position telling about the charges, and whether disabled persons and blue badge holders had to pay?

Can i ask why you are talking about bailiffs? Has the PPC suggested the use of them?

Since the introduction of the Protection of Freedoms Act in relation to private parking tickets it has taken a huge amount of effort by the volunteers from Consumer Action Group, Monkey Saving Expert and Pepipoo to make the public aware that under the new regulations introduced 2 years ago that they must NOT ignore these notices as they are NOT 'speculative invoices' at all.

The change in rules was introduced in order to rid the industry from 'cowboy clamper's'. Unfortunately, the Minister pushing these regulations through Parliament was relentless in her objective to introduce 'Keeper Liability'. As predicated, the 'cowboy clamping firms' quickly turned into 'cowboy ticketers' and now...'cowboy litigators'. The number of summonses issued by the likes of Parking Eye, Proserve, runs into thousands. If you have received a ticket from one of these operators which you consider is unfair, then you must ensure that you make use of the free 'appeal' service; PoPLA.

Since the introduction of the Protection of Freedoms Act in relation to private parking tickets it has taken a huge amount of effort by the volunteers from Consumer Action Group, Monkey Saving Expert and Pepipoo to make the public aware that under the new regulations introduced 2 years ago that they must NOT ignore these notices as they are NOT 'speculative invoices' at all.

Have we saved many Primates?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have we saved many Primates?

PPC sends notice to owner who replies in a Clouseu accent over the phone, " I had borrowed the car to a blaind beggaar and his muinkiy, so I don't kneu whether it was the muinkey or the blaind beggare who was brekking the lweuw" And added that as the driver was the beggae who was blind being guided by the monkey, they missed the postage stamp signage.

No seriously, these PPCs are now beyond a joke. Nontheless, even with a CCJ the bailiff can't have the Motability car away, neither can a HCEO if the ppc gets a writ of fi-fa by inflating the debt to £600.01

How were you given the demand? Ticket on windscreen I presume. If so tell us the date of the ticketing and what further correspondence you have received and on what date was that sent/ received. The timings are most important.

How are you contesting it? When did you send appeal to parking co?

• 4 weeks later...

As we have these new laws come in I have a question. What type of debt are these people allowed to force entry? Is it only for criminal fines? Can they force entry for civil matters i.e parking tickets?

Thanks. You say rather. Under law CAN they enter a house by force?

Not for civil PCN or Council Tax, without permission from the court

Thanks. You say rather. Under law CAN they enter a house by force?

Only if authorised by a court. That is for their protection as well as the debtor's. However, the more disingenuous elements within the civil enforcement industry tend to "conveniently" forget this until it backfires in their faces or they land very heavily on their backsides on the pavement outside a debtor's home because the debtor has used lawful force to stop them continuing to break the law.