• Tweets

• You could also ask about Jeremy Hunt and the multiple flats purchase he didn't declare properly. Or Lord Ashcroft about how much tax he saved while he was a non-dom. According to Private Eye, in Ashcroft's book he says Rayner avoided paying £3,500 to HMRC. Meanwhile he's estimated to have saved £112m by being a non-dom between 2000 and 2010.
    • Can you still log into your account and see if it will accept a defence ?
    • I see the poops are still trying to deflect from their own criminality and and abuses by whinging on about raynors buying her council house - now about election registration - anyone who owns a flat or house understands that you dont give up your and your childrens home just because of a new relationship and while we are on about that ..   lets start with When is jenrick being revisited for both lockdown abuses and self admitted (claims estate is his main home - not the property in his electorate or his london property) 'possible (lol) electoral registration abuses as he claimed he was at his estate 'main home' away from both London and his electoral 'home'  - much of which paid for by the taxpayer     Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick 'breaks lockdown rules twice' by going to 'second home' - Mirror Online WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK Key Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick drove 150 miles to his 'second home' after urging the nation to remain in their homes in a bid to...   ... perhaps follow with more self admitted lobbying while in a potion where they shouldn't “A few of us in parliament have lobbied the government – and with the help of the Treasury select committee, the chancellor has listened,” John Baron wrote.   Tory MP faces lobbying questions over Treasury committee role | Investing | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Co-owner of investment management firm called for ‘urgent’ post-Brexit changes to City rules at committee meetings     About time labour got in the game and started pressing for these self admitted/bragged Tory abuses were properly investigates.
    • No I didn't I got the dates mixed up.   
    • Sorry about that, TJ. The person who posted it specifically said it was free access. Here's another version of the FT article. https://archive.is/KYrPa
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

advice on how to get a letter from a consultant

phaitun
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3658 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a long standing degenerative disc condition which causes me problems.

i am under the nhs and a consultant who is quite eminent in his field.

my problems have got worse progressively over the past 2-3 years. I am 42yrs old

I am currently going through the grievance procedure and have an ET claim stayed in relation to my public sector employer failing to make reasonable adjustments, bullying, direct discrimination etc

this caused me to become mentally ill and i have been suffering this mental illness for almost a year.

my employer has part paid for a number of procedures, scans etc which show the lumbar degeneration. I had injections in my SI joint before Xmas on advice of the consultant.

i have not had any extended sickness because of my back injury but took 5 months sick leave last year due to depression.

the injections have not worked, i am incapable of doing my job as it demands physical activity and a fitness test pass to be fully operational. my role and expertise are predominately office based.

as a result of a new policy i am set to be sanctioned if i am unable to pass the fitness test, this could mean ultimately being pensioned off under ill health retirement rules for the civil service.

my back condition is getting worse, osteo arthritis and disc degeneration.

i am so worried about going through all the capability procedures, appeals and bull required which could take up to 3 years before a decision is made as to recckmend ill health retirement.

problem.is to be referred for the ill health pension a medical expert has to give an opinion on permanence of my condition before i get referred to the emoyers selected expert to make a decision.

i have verbally asked my consultant and he has fobbed me off, i sent him a letter last month and at my scheduled appointment yesterday he again refused and referred me for yet another scan.

obviously i need to sort out my future and that of my family, the waiting, being fobbed off and reluctance of these doctors to write a simple yes this patient will most probably never get better, or there may be a chance that surgery will heal this problem, or this patient will never be able to perform the full range of tasks required without risking further injury.

the messing about has been dragging on for almost 4 years and has resulted in failed physio, loads of string meds which cause side effects, failed injections into my SI joint, further waiting and messing.

this is all exacerbating my mental health problems.

i feel like i am being tortured before the final full.

my civil service ill health retirement rules are clear in as much as ic i am unable to.perform all the duties of my occupation then i should be pensioned off.

i would rather stay in work, but want the protection of the employer deciding to retain me or at least the final blow of being pensioned off.

is there any way i can expedite any of these processes? Can i complain about the NHS consultant as the delays in my treatment are making me more mentally ill.

i have done everything asked, kept all appointments etc i am so frustrated. I even asked him yesterday if i could pay fir the letter of his opinion at this stage and he tried fobbing me off until i have had another MRI scan.

this next one will be the 3rd MRI of the same area.

any advice as to how, who and what i can do to get this sorted before my mental illness becomes unmanageable again and i hurt myself or someone else.

all i want is a simple letter, this will then set the ball rolling and i can decide upon the future of myself and my family.

seems the nhs do everything they can to frustrate patients so they eventually give up and go suffer in silence.

ive worked for 25years and paid no end of tax NI etc only to be treated like this.

i have been in.perfect health prior to 2010 when a work accident caused my injury.

frustrated is not the word

I am fighting it all the way :-x

My opinion is that an early "degenerative condition" means that it is getting worse.

this is simple but yet seems to be unusually difficult

Hi phaitun

There is no reason for the Consultant not to write a report on your current condition and future prognosis. Contact PAL's at your local Hospital. Explain what you want from the Consultant, explain that you've got enough to deal with as it is. That your consultant isn't willing to provide the information you have requested and this is stressing you out which isn't good for you. Tell them your next port of call will be the NHS Trust and a Formal Complaint.

http://www.nhs.uk/service-search/patient-advice-and-liaison-services-%28pals%29/locationsearch/363

• Confused 1

Contact PALS and keep up the pressure. My son asked for a letter from a consultant so that he could go to a gym and being a heart patient he wouldn't be accepted without it but obviously he really wants to make sure he is doing everything to help his condition. The consultant gave the excuse he did not have a secretary at the moment so could give no guarantees. The whole system is a complete shambles so unfortunately the only way is to keep up the pressure to get what you need. Good luck and all the best

My opinion is that an early "degenerative condition" means that it is getting worse.

this is simple but yet seems to be unusually difficult

That may be so, but how quickly the condition will worsen, and what the effect of that will be is much more pertinent to your situation. Because they cannot predict with certainty, consultants are often reluctant to be drawn in case their answer leads to problems for them further down the line.

You, and your employer, are looking for definitive answers (and possibly different answers!) that the consultant may simply be unable to provide with accuracy.

That said, I agree that PALS is your first port of call to try to resolve the issue.

problem.is to be referred for the ill health pension a medical expert has to give an opinion on permanence of my condition before i get referred to the emoyers selected expert to make a decision.

Can't your employers write to the Consultant for his opinion ? I think that's usually how these things work (well, it was when I needed to get expert opinion on my medical problems but practices may have changed since)

The Consultant seems reluctant to make any sort of assessment, even a current assessment.

Can't your employers write to the Consultant for his opinion ? I think that's usually how these things work (well, it was when I needed to get expert opinion on my medical problems but practices may have changed since)

The Consultant seems reluctant to make any sort of assessment, even a current assessment.

I read it as the OP has been asking for a letter but think a request from the employer would have a different, and better, effect - sorry if I'm wrong but that's how I read it.

There is an issue around the payments i think initially my employer paid for consultations and MRI scans.

This was investigative/exploratary as my spinal problem was not believed, the employer changed their tact completely when the had the results, the second issue came about as my problem got worse and fearing ill health retirement i didn't tell them the full extent.

i had a consultation paid part by me and part by the employer which confirmed the diagnosis, plus a further mri scan for the consultant to gain an up to date assessment. This was done and i was added to the nhs clinic of the consultant, problem is i think i was forgotten about, the nhs referral took until november and i then had injections in my joints December these did t work, i heard nothing about a follow up appointment till i called them at the end of January.

i was told that i had been 'missed' for some reason or other, i presume its because of the mixture of private and nhs treatment.

anyway as things have progressed, i need to know for sure what the prognosis is, i work for emergency service and my jib involves a requirement to 1. Pass a fitness test each year

2. Be able to conduct ALL aspects of my job, which includes physical work, sometimes heavy work, being on my feet and long driving hours etc, again this causes me some problems.

Since the austerity measures imposed by this govmt. My employer has had to take a hardened stance against restricted duties and demands us to be fully capable of doing the full range of duties regardless of areas of expertise.

if you cant do it then i am looking at sanctions including initially UPP, discipline issues, a paycut and ultimately ill health retirement or possible dismissal under capability.

all i want/needed from the consultant was a prognosis based on what he has seen so far in order that the ill health retirement consideration can be started.

These new employment rules are written in a way that seems dismissal under capability is the preferred option in the long term despiteme having paid into my pension scheme for almost 20 years.

i don't want to go through the hell of fighting them for the next two years, i am struggling mentally as it is and really just want to see out my time doing my current job, which i am an expert at and just be left alone to do it well.

my work record and appraisals have been excellent and despite having 5 months on sick last year my supervisor has said i have performed to an exceptional standard again this year.

i just want to know one way or another, and i am not happy with the consultant and his faffing around

Rereading all the OP, I still think that the consultant doesn't want to commit himself at this stage - though why he hasn't communicated this to you clearly I do not know.

Is the payment issue contributing to the consultant's hesitation? He will almost certainly want to be paid for providing a report or letter, in any event.

If the employer needs a report in order to consider ill-health retirement, then their occupational health provider should request it. Your consent will be needed, and you also have a right to see it before it is sent under the Access to Medical Reports Act 1998.