Erudio using state benefits, refuse deferement, i want to go to court over this

sabby1978
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Paul Lewis is supposed to be discussing Erudio on Radio 4's programme You and Yours

at 12pm today.

He has also tweeted that he particularly wants to hear from people whose accounts have already been debited by Erudio when they shouldn't have been. Am not allowed to post links because I haven't been a member of this forum for long enough, but his Twitter name is paullewismoney

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Erudio is pretty much arrow global but using a different name. They will use every trick in the book to get money

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If you don't sign it there is nothing they can do ......they cannot put a mark on your CRA file unless you sign one of their documents as there is no contract between you and them. Remember only the Original Creditor can affect your CRA unless you sign this obligation over to Eruido by signing their form.

What i found strange about Paul Lewis is that he sought all his answers from the lions den ....if he had sought some independant legal advice then his Eruido favouring conclusions might be somewhat different. IMO

What i found strange about Paul Lewis is that he sought all his answers from the lions den ....if he had sought some independant legal advice then his Eruido favouring conclusions might be somewhat different. IMO

Yes, I thought that he was 'playing it safe' by avoiding criticising them. It could well be that this is because he works for the BBC, who seem reluctant to criticise anything to do with the government. However, I think that more of a fuss should be made in the media about it, as this could be something which has major implications for students in the future when more of the student loan book is sold off. I was disappointed that, although Paul Lewis said it was 'worrying' that some people's accounts had been debited by Erudio even when they were entitled to defer, he didn't say what could be done about this.

What else do they expect a DCA to do? Theyve basically given a DCA free reign over millions of pounds.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Rosskie, i would recommend putting account into dispute by sending CCA which i understand you have already done? By disputing account you do not need to defer.

One other thing, they will not get a CCJ either as ........you guessed it! ......they are not the Original Creditor.

Please remember DCA 's are not the same as Bailiffs et al as they have no direction from the courts and they will not come calling at your door. They will though torture you by telephone if you dont tell them to communicate in writing only. They will then provide you with endless amounts of fire starting material.

But, surely they aren't completely powerless when it comes to non paying individuals?!

Most DCA's are as they cannot comply with even the simplest of requests or legalities.

I 2nd what Renegadeimp has said above and why i would ignore the advice as given by Paul Lewis,

for a so called financial expert he apparently knows absolutely nothing about DCAs and their powers ...

...because they have no power and the courts are aware of their dirty tricks

which in any normal society would be viewed as extortion.

They will however lie and state that they will do this and that but if they do ....

...when they do, call their bluff and watch them back down.

Your SL debts were seen as 'bad debt' and they are getting very close to their 25yr life.

The Gov decided to write them off and claim as a tax write off by selling for peanuts.

They sold them to the only bottom feeders that would touch such non performing debts .

...the DCAs and they know that the majority of these debts are unenforceable,

but they will operate outside the law by attempting to enforce them regardless.

Unfortunately some will cave in to their demands.

However, the one example thread here is the thread where the lady stated

that she was facing having to give up her job so that she could continue to defer!? .....

.This needs to be brought before an MP as it goes against the Gov policy

of getting people off benefits and into employment.

A gov approved DCA is forcing a working woman to leave her employment and go on benefits. ..

......this cannot be right, never mind legal.

I'd like to add to your post warren.

Some DCA's DO have rights, but normally only when they own it

AND have the required paperwork needed to collect it,

or if they are a DCA that are acting under instruction of a government agency, such as HMRC.

For general consumer credit though, it's rare that they can do anything.

Most try though and thats why a lot get default judgements.

The DCA then becomes complacent and issues them like confetti (Lowells, i'm looking at you here).

• 2 weeks later...

I've been deferring mine for years, for this government to sell them off cheap to their buddies.

Just got the forms to send back.

They have said I must give them DD details to get deferment,

and I must send the forms to them at least 8 weeks before the deferment runs out.

Well there is no way I am giving my DD details to a DCA especially Arrow Global.

As for the 8 weeks bit; are they taking the ****?

The form wasn't even sent until April,

there is not 8 weeks between my getting the form and when my deferment finishes.

I know if I had finished the course a couple of years earlier the debt would have been written off when I was 50,

I pretty sure it will be when I am 60 but can't find a copy of the old agreement.

I'll have a look though if I can find 20 odd year old paperwork.

I agree that you shouldnt set up a Direct Debit - ask them for THEIR bank details so you can pay by online transfer.. that is if you are intending to pay of course !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It's not a case of not intending to pay.

It's a case of not able to;

although I must admit I find it abhorrent that one is expected to pay for an education,

especially when it is considered that those in the government had their higher education funded by grants.

I took my degree to better myself.

Although at the time I also had a naïve hope that taking a degree may give me a chance of getting back to work despite being physically unable to.

A4e and several heart attacks later put that idea out of my mind, and made me settle for a life of filling out deferment forms and writing letters to DCAs.

As you say, anyone that does get paid does so via standing order. The actions of the utility companies taught me this.

Found out it will be written off when I'm 60, only 3 years to go now. That said I just found something that should meant it was written off years ago.

Also, as to what counts as income. Disability benefits were not counted, now they are. In fact continued receipt of disability benefits should have seen the debt written off.

Is this the same Paul Lewis who was advocating and shouting from the rooftops about the new increased student fees to £9,000 were great and do not look at them as loans but a tax. I cannot believe that man saying student loans were great. My son is going off to uni this year and I can't tell you how worried I am and I feel our students have been sold down the river for a quick buck,.

I wish you all luck with this new debt collector and string them out

• 6 months later...

Are Erudio, still using DLA/PIP mobility components to calculate iincome, as in regarding High Rate DLA as available income even though it is being paid to Motability?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

i really hope not!

nothing as a result of DLA should ever be used

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i really hope not!

nothing as a result of DLA should ever be used

dx

I think it needs a recorder phone cal to Erudio to find out, as they seem to be bending the rules.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi all, thought that i would give you an update since my original post and get some further advice from you all.

I made a CCA request in March and have only just got a copy of the credit agreement

i suspect that i only received this because they made a complaint to the Ombudsman about Erudio's conduct,

they continued to write to me making demands for money,

they also say i now have £800 worth arrears which i feel is not the case because the account was in dispute.

they want £186 per month from me,

there is no way i can afford this,

my salary is only £900 per month.

Under the old SLC i would have been able to defer but under the new system my Housing Benefit takes me substantially over the threshold.

I know that under the sale of the loan no-one should be worse off

but to be honest i cant deal with the drama of deferring every year

i think that I am going to offer to pay £25 per month,

will they have to accept this.

Also;

1) can i refuse to sign any forms they request me to sign

for example i want the SLC to remain the original creditor

and not sign anything that would transfer this to Erudio

2) Do I have to provide them with direct debit details to make this payment

3) I am happy to provide income details but do I have to provide expenditure details,

I am only agreeable to supplying rent and childcare costs

3) If they reject my offer what can I do to challenge them.

I thank you in advance for your support and advice