Failure to notify looming

obiter dictum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3679 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

TWO months ago i sold my car and sent off the V5 to DVLA as instructed. After receiving no response i have just telephoned DVLA. They are saying that they still have me as the Registerd keeper and that it is still SORN. They state that they have not received any notification that the vehicle has been sold.

The internet is awash with people in similar circumstances as mine and end up receiving an £80 penalty for failure to notify the secretary of state. Talking to the DVLA is like pulling teeth. Their attitude is just send in another letter, great until that gets lost and i still end up with a possible ticket. This is a racket by DVLA and borders on criminality

So my question is how do i get DVLA to acknowledge receipt that i have sold the vehicle and that i am no longer the owner of that vehicle. You really cannot make this up

DVLA is a private company and seem to be doping this more and more often to gain profit. They used to cite 1 law, but when a defendant countered it, they tried yet another one. Thats just my opinion though but it seems to fit with whats happening.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Well email sent to their complaints department 18/03/2014 which was a week today

No response

So i have returned the change of ownership and sent an email complaint that they still have me as the registered keeper, and they still will not respond

Suggestions please people

phone them. Speak to a manager.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Quick update

This morning i receive a letter from DVLA saying:

Thank you for your enquiry about a vehicle you no longer have. So that our records can be brought up to date i need further information from you. please provide the additional information requested on the reply slip and return it to me using the enclosed envelope.

Well i do not have the details of the person who purchased my vehicle, or the day it was sold as i returned the original V5 back to you with those details on it

So i do take it i am not going to be hit now with any penalty as they have acknowledged i am no longer the owner of the vehicle