HR next week, pls read and advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The kick wasnt in self defence. The OP already admitted that. lets focus on facts. The OP needs to sit down and think hard about what he is going to say to his manager. Say the wrong thing, and it is bye bye job. Remember, self defence or not, if the manager thinks that the security officer has gone too far, then thats all they need to dismiss him.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

***to support your struggling mate then you may be ok.

it wasn't really clear from your description of the event whether you "stuck the boot in" or used a kick for another reason?

fear

frustration

to help his mate

anger

reflex action

all of which are manifestations of adrenaline overload and can be explained as such. May mitigate a little bit but ultimately each circumstance can be interpreted in a hunred different ways.

I am fighting it all the way :-x

Post #3. Lets stop the arguing over semantics now guys. The OP needs help with his rights more than anything. Lets try and focus on that.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

By that one kick i moved him away from me and he had been encroaching my personal space for while that left me uncomfortable. I was under some stress as well.

Anyway meeting with HR is moved to tomorrow. I will certainly read all of this b4 going there.

much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

I have heard from HR on friday, they have issued me a Final Warning letter citing few points. I did not expect that and this will stay in my file for 12 months.

I find it hard to digest this as I expected level 1 or 2, level 3 being Final.

They have given me 5 days to appeal. I doubt if they will go down if i appeal. What should I do appeal or just get on with it. Anyone knows of anywhere i can get assistance like professional people who i can talk to and cover myself in case my situation deteriorates.

I suspect that they may now use this create issues to dismiss me as I am on final notice. My morale, confidence has taken a effect and my long length of service was not taken into account. although in HR interview the said your long service will be considered so that means i may have been dismissed if not for that.

Just remember, with an appeal it can go either way. They can reduce it, or they can look at it again and increase the severity of the punishment. You need to weight up whether its worth taking the risk, especially if they bumped you to the max level straight off.

Normally an appeal needs to fall into one or more of certain catagories.

1) Penalty was too harsh/Inconsistent.

2) You did not receive a fair hearing.

3) You have new evidence to supply.

4) Procedures were not followed.

Be careful though, from what I can see it could definitely go either way.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

You can appeal simply because you disagree with it. Although as you say youd need to prove why.

When i was a union steward, the go to appeal used to be point 1. As management rarely every used consistency between employees.

I have send off a brief appeal letter citing 4 reasons.

• There was insufficient consideration of my explanation of the circumstances leading up to the decision

• That decision was too harsh a penalty given the circumstances.

• My previous disciplinary record is clear and should have been considered in imposing a penalty less than dismissal.

• I have had long service with the company which I feel should have been considered in imposing a penalty of Final written warning.

Well good luck.

Definitely take someone n with you and make notes and get a copy of theirs from the investigatory and disciplinary

As I and others said its risky as it definitely can go both ways. I know if I were in your boat I would probably have taken it on the chin. (pardon the pun)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Yep. DEFINITLEY get a witness for when you go to the appeal. Preferably someone with good knowledge of the system.