• Tweets

• Will contacting the other person benefit this case? Or is it a case of being a good Samaritan and just letting them know just in case? I'd assume as long as the court case is going on with me then he'd not be involved at all, apart from possibly being contacted by the police if they accept the response form I filled out.   With regards to the complaint to ICO, this should be a complaint regarding what exactly? The fact they shared another customer's information with me? Or that they are not registered with ICO (as the ICO said they can not be sure if they are or not at this point)?   Thanks again for the help and advice.
    • usual twaddle in a way, just nolans trying to counter their ever growing list of losses against cag in cases whereby they have little or no enforceable or required paperwork..here judge look over here not there at our lacking of what is actually required in a court of law concerning the consumer credit act in enforcement.    more soon.  
    • so this is their intimation CabotNolans Inti.pdf, ive got until 2.40pm to come up with my defense, not sure what I can argue with.    
    • Australia and New Zealand have quarantine-free travel, but will other countries follow their lead? View the full article
    • Hi   I really do not know what your Housing Association are playing at but on looking at that breakdown I would understand it if you were a Leaseholder in one of the flats but certainly not as a Tenant as some on that list are NOT a Service Charge for Tenants they are included in the Rent that you pay i.e.   Administration Fee - Not for a Tenant as this is what your rent pay different if a Leaseholder. Communal Cleaning - Yes they could charge this for both Tenant and Leaseholder. Communal Electricity - Not for Tenant as this is what your rents pay different if Leaseholder. Communal Water - Not for Tenant as this is what you rent pay different if Leaseholder. Communal Window Cleaning - Yes they could charge this for both Tenant and Leaseholder. Door Entry Service Contract - Not for Tenant as this is what your rent pay different if a Leaseholder. Estate Caretaking - Not for Tenant as this is what your rent pay different if a Leaseholder. Fire Protection - Not for Tenant as this is what your rent pay different if a Leaseholder. Grounds Maintenance Contract - Not for Tenant as this is what your rent pay different if a Leaseholder. Lifts - Not for Tenant as this is what you pay your rent different is a Leaseholder. Playground Maintenance - Not for Tenant as this is what you pay rent for different if a Leaseholder. Provision of mechanical and electrical - Not for Tenant as this is what you pay your rent for different if a Leaseholder. Provision of other equipment - Not for Tenant as this is what you pay rent for different if a Leaseholder. Refuse Collection - Yes they could charge this for both Tenant and Leaseholder. Roof Top Safety - Not for Tenant as this is what you pay rent for different if a Leaseholder. Water Pump Maintenance - Not for Tenant as this is what you pay your rent for different if a Leaseholder.   Challenge, Challenge, Challenge but everyone must do this as what I am seeing from what you have posted to be honest is charges that I would expect to see a Leaseholder get and them to have the cheek to add an Administration Fee what the Heck are they playing at.   If you look through the list their are only a couple of things I point out they could charge for both Tenant and Leaseholder but the rest IMO is what I would expect to see a Leaseholder being charged not a Tenant of a Housing Association otherwise they are making one hell of a Profit with the Rents.   The best way I can describe the above if that came in front of me at a Board Meeting (I was Vice Chair of a very Large Housing Association) the Financial Officer would be torn a new one at that meeting by me and told to explain why that was not taken into account for any proposed Rent Increase as the most of those in that list should be in the rents paid not added as a seperate Service Charge to Tenants the difference is when it comes to Leaseholders or those that have purchased the property in a Housing Association Building.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 32 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

• Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Community

I have lost all faith in the justice system having spent a lot of money and time "doing the right thing". When I was the victim of a fraud I did what I was told by the Trading Standards and took the case through the Small Claims Court fully expecting justice.

When my case was won and the defendant made no effort to pay the fines the court imposed upon him/his company I turned to the Sheriff's to enforce the judgement.

I have been sadly disappointed in them and this criminal will no doubt become even bolder in the way he cheats and intimidates his victims because he knows now how to circumvent the system. I have felt so threatened by this person that I have moved away from the area because he knows where to find me.

I want to use my experience to help support others and to signpost them to appropriate help. The first step would be for me to set up a blog but I am a little concerned because I do not know what I can and can't say in a blog.

Does anyone know anything about the "rules" I have to abide by when writing a blog outlining my experiences and allowing others to report on their experiences and problems?

thanks

Edited by citizenB
spacing to make reading easier

I am not sure if we have a "rule book" for the blog section, so I will ask others on the site team for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Rogerswendy, you havent made it clear if you are wanting to use our Blog facilities or if you are going to start one up elsewhere.

If on CAG http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/blog.php you will need to observe the CAG forum rules regarding - defamation, bad language etc. You can find CAG forum rules in the link below

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?17-Forum-Rules-Please-read-before-posting

If it is elsewhere then it is up to you what you write as you will be responsible for any comments/statements you make :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

In other words, it'll be you getting sued when it all goes mushroom-shaped... not CAG ;) lol

Good luck with it though, definitely a worthy campaign, amongst so many :)